[Q] Help: the D2G upgrade 629OTA want to downgrade to fail

Search This thread

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
hi, me too bricked my phone, is it possible that we can get sbf file from mobile which is currently updated thorough OTA, i am new to this thing, please do reply

SBF files are supposed to be special proprietary files that exist ONLY for internal use by Motorola.

Sometimes, if we get lucky, an Android dev will go raid Moto's update servers and come up with an SBF file. We are never, EVER guaranteed to have them. The only things that come via OTA are update.zip's which don't necessarily update everything like SBF's do.

time4xda

Jul 24, 2010
Motorola did repair the bricked D2G

I went into the same problem after the attempt to flash an old SBF. The phone was bricked of course. I send it to Motorola for a "software upgrade", since it is in warranty. Now it is back after five days, loaded with .629. Not exactly what I want, but the phone is usable again. Just want to shout out so people know its an option. :(

zyy757

Aug 3, 2011
Guangdong,China
I went into the same problem after the attempt to flash an old SBF. The phone was bricked of course. I send it to Motorola for a "software upgrade", since it is in warranty. Now it is back after five days, loaded with .629. Not exactly what I want, but the phone is usable again. Just want to shout out so people know its an option. :(

Seems moto flash.629 SBF for you. . .

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using xda premium

m1516

Apr 12, 2012
Droid 2 Global A956 MEM-MAP Blank error

Hello
I have a Motorola Droid 2 Global
System Verision 4.5.608.A956.Verizon.en.US
Android 2.3.3
I decided to flash with DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf, I used RSD LITE 5.4.4. Once the process completes smartphone restart and remained in this state:
Bootloader '
D0.11
Err: A5, 70,70,00,1 F
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Batery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB
Please could you help me because I can not do anything more: (

vypor87

Mar 10, 2011
Dallas
Hello
I have a Motorola Droid 2 Global
System Verision 4.5.608.A956.Verizon.en.US
Android 2.3.3
I decided to flash with DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf, I used RSD LITE 5.4.4. Once the process completes smartphone restart and remained in this state:
Bootloader '
D0.11
Err: A5, 70,70,00,1 F
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Batery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB
Please could you help me because I can not do anything more: (

Once you have gingerbread there's no going back to froyo. You need the 608 sbf file. Do a search for it as i dont have a link for it. Dont get this confused with 629 as that does not have a sbf yet

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using xda premium

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Once you have gingerbread there's no going back to froyo. You need the 608 sbf file. Do a search for it as i dont have a link for it. Dont get this confused with 629 as that does not have a sbf yet
no, you can flash 2.4.29, 2.4.33, 4.5.608 back and forth, I have
many have

it just 4.5.629 update that is the problem

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
The instruction from RootWiki help me to bring my bricked D2G back to life but I can't use it on T-Mobile.

Does anyone know how to make it work again with T-Mobile or other carrier?

bentwire

May 8, 2012
anything new? on the DRG

Not seeing any new post,, my D2G took the update while it was rooted,, still have a very functional device, however I would like to root it again,, hoping for a new one click exploit,, pm me if you have any good news

Last edited:

jabberwockish

May 19, 2011
Since we have a functional work-around to obtain root on .629 (see here and here), I kind of doubt anyone is going to put in the time and effort to find and exploit a new vulnerability to create another one-click root method for what is now a fairly old phone.

Reactions: bentwire

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You cannot update if you have CWM installed, or have any of the preloaded applications frozen.
    I don't know if anyone who has bricked trying to revert is willing to try flashing this file, but it couldn't hurt.

It is the signed Hardware Secure bootloader only SBF file for the D2G.
    I don't believe anyone has released this file, but I haven't been following D2G development much lately.

It's possible this file would allow reverting of the bootloader to D011 with the signed mbmloader as a separate file. I actually doubt it will work but it can't make anything worse than it already is if it's soft bricked.

Good luck!
    I don't know if anyone who has bricked trying to revert is willing to try flashing this file, but it couldn't hurt.
    A 4pda member used it to flash 4.5.608 successfully after a brick he got during stock update (NOT during an attempt to SBF back).

He got

Code:
    Bootloader
    D0.11
    Err:A5,70,00,00,23

when the phone rebooted during OTA update application, and could flash this bootloader SBF over that. After that, he flashed the 4.5.608 SBF and the device works again.
    Well, I am sorry it didn't work, but not surprised.

I am guessing Gasai Yuno is correct in that the update never actually was able to flash the mbmloader and aborted to bootloader, allowing the bootloader only SBF to restore it and flash the .608 SBF.
    I have to say, I am very pissed about this. Nowhere on the OP of the .608 sbf thread did it warn users NOT to flash if they had taken the update. The same for the cyanogenmod wiki page for the Dx2 Global. That page tells you just to downgrade in order to install cm7

So here I am, Dinc2 user, taking my dad's phone to go put cm7 on it, and now I have to tell him that I hard bricked his phone. This is just fantastic. Now, to be fair, I didn't read this thread until after I had flashed the sbf and broken the phone, but you know, you THINK there would be a warning attached to the sbf files. I feel like I got royally ****ed in the ass, and I am disappointed by this. Now I have to tell my dad that he has no phone until some dev finds the new sbf.

Also one last thing. **** Motorola. **** Motorola to hell forever and ever I hope their ****ty company crashes, burns, and goes into bankruptcy. They are worse than apple. ****ing Assholes. DONT BUY MOTOROLA EVER

Is there any way I can assist in finding the newest sbf? Cheesecake? I gotta fix my dad's phone, I feel bad about this