Samsung i9300 can flash with odin always error

Search This thread

mps5566

Sep 23, 2011
Hi guys i have stange problem here i can not flash i9300 with odin alwasy get fail when it starting to flash sestem file
41044689.jpg

can some one tell me what to do?

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Start .
One what firmware on the phone .
Two what firmware are you flashing .
Three is the phone SGS3 International I9300 .
Four have you tried re download of firmware .

jje

Mopral

Jan 6, 2009
Saint-Brieuc
1-stop kies (if it is installed) before trying to use odin
2-try reinstalling the USB drivers
3-try with the stock SGS3 USB cable if you tried with another cable
4-try on another USB port on your computer
5-try on another computer

If none of this work, it seems that your phone has a R/W corrupt NAND and you will probably never be able to flash it

Reactions: lionkil

SirKunon

May 29, 2011
Maybe you need to turn on USB debbuging in phone settings.

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9300 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Simonetti2011

Sep 3, 2010
Belo Horizonte

If none of this work, it seems that your phone has a R/W corrupt NAND and you will probably never be able to flash it

Actually, I'd recommend one to completely uninstall KIES, since it is utterly worthless. It is possible to uninstall KIES but keep the drivers.

mps5566

Sep 23, 2011
Start .
One what firmware on the phone .
Two what firmware are you flashing .
Three is the phone SGS3 International I9300 .
Four have you tried re download of firmware .

jje

Actually, I'd recommend one to completely uninstall KIES, since it is utterly worthless. It is possible to uninstall KIES but keep the drivers.

I dont know what firmware in the phone before customer bring phone like this.customer just saying he was just taxing and after he put in charge and he woke up and and finds out his phone saying Encryption failed
Code:
Encryption failed
Unable to complete encryption due to on interruption,perform factory data reset(erasing all your data )before use,After resting try encrypting device again
i m trying to do hard reset but wont let me do.
i try few different pc no luck with kies without kies same error.

Last edited:

SirKunon

May 29, 2011
He set phone encryption in settings and process has been interrupted or there was some errors while encrypting.

This procedure takes a while, even few houers. If phone will be rebooted by user or by power loss (weak battery) encrypion will fail in half way.

You should try to Initialize phone to factory default system by Kies. You need seril number and device name. GT-9300 in this case. Kies will check Samsungs database and try to restore original firmware, also branded. Kies will try to repartition to stock layout, format and flash this firmware.

This option is somwhere in Kies menu, tools if I remember.

If its fail than only option left is try Odin, 3 files firmware, mx.pit and repartition check while flashing.

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

mps5566

Sep 23, 2011
He set phone encryption in settings and process has been interrupted or there was some errors while encrypting.

This procedure takes a while, even few houers. If phone will be rebooted by user or by power loss (weak battery) encrypion will fail in half way.

You should try to Initialize phone to factory default system by Kies. You need seril number and device name. GT-9300 in this case. Kies will check Samsungs database and try to restore original firmware, also branded. Kies will try to repartition to stock layout, format and flash this firmware.

This option is somwhere in Kies menu, tools if I remember.

If its fail than only option left is try Odin, 3 files firmware, mx.pit and repartition check while flashing.

Thanks for ur reply i can not connect wit kies so only option is odin 3 file can u plz give me link for 3 file so i can try to flash and check it out?
thanks again

SirKunon

May 29, 2011
https://hotfile.com/dl/158814567/30ec3bc/GT-I9300_XEO_I9300XXALEF_I9300OXFALEA_I9300XXLEF.rar.html

It is XEO (Ost Europe) version but if flashing will be succesfull than you may flash anything you want after that. Only csc or whole newest one file firmware.

Look also at this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1796062

You must be aware that partitionning is not recommended. There is always small chance to screw something but in this case it seams like your last hope.

Personally I never had any problems with .pit (sgs, sgs2,sgs3), but s**t happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: desmond2727

doimendoza

Aug 21, 2012
SIRKUNON the option you suggested, doesent worked in my gt-i9300, my s3 freezes then reboot i cant turn on the debugging mode because it freeze then reboots, if i try to hard reset it via recovery mode, it only restart but nothing changes. so im trying to flash a new stock firmware but no luck, i also tried flashing with a 3 part file rom but still no luck. HELP ME PLEASE.

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CODE_I9300XXALEF_611327_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> MODEM_I9300XXLEF_REV02_REV04_CL1147871.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> CSC_OXE_I9300OXEALE4_CL606160_REV00_user_low_ship. tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> sboot.bin
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

SirKunon

May 29, 2011
Try one more thing, set mx.pit as pit check repartition an UNCHECK autoreboot. Flash only pit. If it finish with success dont reboot your phone and do not disconnect it from Odin. Set this time pda, modem and csc (without repartition) and try to flash.

If it fail than its mean propably damaged nand and only service center will help (maiboard replace).

There is an option to flash only param.fs file as pda but i never tried this metod.

Mopral

Jan 6, 2009
Saint-Brieuc
Try one more thing, set mx.pit as pit check repartition an UNCHECK autoreboot. Flash only pit. If it finish with success dont reboot your phone and do not disconnect it from Odin. Set this time pda, modem and csc (without repartition) and try to flash.

If it fail than its mean propably damaged nand and only service center will help (maiboard replace).

There is an option to flash only param.fs file as pda but i never tried this metod.

Pit file could help when odin does not see the pit directly from the phone (and needed if you want to make repartition)

This does not seems to be the issue here...

SirKunon

May 29, 2011
Problem is that partitions are partially encrypted and unreadable (odin is reporting error when trying to start flashing firmware to nand). Repartitioning restores the default layout. After that partition should be formated to zero all data (only file table) to virgin state.

I'm not sure it will decrypt nand but its worth a try, doesn't it?

F.reset can be selected but not necessary while only pit flashing.

doimendoza

Aug 21, 2012
it fails. :( (mx.pit)

its very expensive if i change m.board.

so im trying very hard to fix my s3 :(

is there any solution left that im able to try?

help me pls thanks guys

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005> Re-Partition operation failed.

SwannyBhoy

Jan 25, 2012
it fails. :( (mx.pit)

its very expensive if i change m.board.

so im trying very hard to fix my s3 :(

is there any solution left that im able to try?

help me pls thanks guys

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005> Re-Partition operation failed.

Probably not relevant but try it anyway. Open task manager and click PROCESSES and search through so all KIES apps are closed (KIESPDLR KIESTRAY) etc and try again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get Odin v1.85.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

already try with 1.85 no luck already try with different pc still same i can flash another s3 but i can not flash this phone.

https://hotfile.com/dl/158814567/30ec3bc/GT-I9300_XEO_I9300XXALEF_I9300OXFALEA_I9300XXLEF.rar.html

It is XEO (Ost Europe) version but if flashing will be succesfull than you may flash anything you want after that. Only csc or whole newest one file firmware.

Look also at this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1796062

You must be aware that partitionning is not recommended. There is always small chance to screw something but in this case it seams like your last hope.

Personally I never had any problems with .pit (sgs, sgs2,sgs3), but s**t happens.

You don't have i9300 so go away and leave oooollllld threads in peace ;)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

I had a similar problem, my phone just froze in the middle of a phone call, had to pull out battery, and when i tried to turn it on, it wouldn't pass the second "SAMSUNG" logo, just stayed there forever, with the blue light (Official JB 4.1.2 - not rooted)... Anyway, after 3 days of trying, downloaded bunch of firmwares, but all of them gave me the infamous "Complete(Write) operation failed". This is how I MANAGED to revive my i9300 16Gb Int:

1.Open ODIN, load ONLY the pit file corresponding to your phone (In my case i9300 16Gb Int'l - GT-I9300_mx_20120220.pit), check "Repartition" and "F.Reset Time" and hit "Start".
    - If this step goes OK (All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0))

2. Click on the "Reset" button in Odin (or close and re-open it), in PDA select "recovery-cwm-touch-6.0.1.2-i9300.tar", make sure only "F.Reset Time" and "Auto Reboot" are checked, and flash it. If everything goes OK, you should now have CWM instead of Stock recovery.

3. Take any microSD card, any size, and put THIS file on the root of the microSD using a card reader or whatever you prefer - but be careful, copy the zip as it is - do not unzip it.

4. Insert the memory card in the phone, enter recovery*, and select "Install zip from External Storage" and choose the file you put on the root of the card (by the way, it's a 4.0.4 downgrade bootloader), it should flash in a second, the phone will restart, and that's it!

5. Download and flash 4.0.4 Stock FW using Odin (i used "I9300XXBLH1_OXEBLF1.zip"), everything should go OK, and the phone will be bootable again.

*(my phone didn't wanted to enter recovery the old fashioned way using 3-button combo, but i managed to enter recovery from charging mode, by connecting the charger on a switched off phone, and as soon it starts charging press Vol Up + Home + Power, and when the FIRST Logo (Galaxy S III GT-I9300) appears, let go of the power button, keep pressing the Vol Up + Home, and it enters recovery).