[ROM] MIUI v4-2.3.2 for Wildfire | Beta1 | 04/03/12 | Released!

Search This thread

yohanandz

Feb 23, 2012
problems i noticed :
1 root
2 wifi
3 themes (cant change wallpaper)

others work fine...data,calls,messages,etc

dud3me

Dec 9, 2010
Strange, all those work for me except wallpaper.

Sent from my Wildfire using XDA

Wallpaper works for me, though not very well (launcher fc's and it takes a while to get it working), most of the themes though aren't working. Also when you search and scroll contacts on sms app there's this black square.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

I don't seem to be able to get root either. Wiped everything before install. Apart from that everything else seems working all right - gmail, market, wifi, etc.

You can open mails with gmail?

Last edited:

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
In conclusion, this rom is very laggy + many FC, need many tweaks, and slightly resizing, it can't be a daily rom right now, i think from 3-5 updates in future it can be used as daily rom

This is my daily for a while, I can live without a camera, quickpik works a treat as replacement for stock gallery, I don't like the stock miui launcher anyway and that seems to be where most of the lag lies, I've changed it to 360 launcher and its fast enough for me.

Themes.
Miui was made for hdpi only, we are ldpi so certain elements won't work unless resized. If you simply choose to install a full theme it will fc, but it you tap customize at the bottom you can choose certain elements from the theme. A few posts back I posted a link to some resized lockscreens which work perfect.

Sent from my Wildfire using xda premium

danielterci

Oct 8, 2009
Brussels
I use the Wildfire as a backup phone, so I'm happy that the network registration failure has been solved. Great work.

On the other side the tethering FCs the settings apk. This is a MIUI 2.3.2 issue as on the HTC DHD I had the same issue. Hope that the MIUI devs will solve it with the next versions.

Thanks

dud3me

Dec 9, 2010
This is my daily for a while, I can live without a camera, quickpik works a treat as replacement for stock gallery, I don't like the stock miui launcher anyway and that seems to be where most of the lag lies, I've changed it to 360 launcher and its fast enough for me.

Themes.
Miui was made for hdpi only, we are ldpi so certain elements won't work unless resized. If you simply choose to install a full theme it will fc, but it you tap customize at the bottom you can choose certain elements from the theme. A few posts back I posted a link to some resized lockscreens which work perfect.

The stock launcher is working quite fast for me and as for themes it's obvious you shouldn't apply the whole thing, but you can't set even some icons etc. because the app fc's. This has happened to the ones that I've downloaded online from the app itself, I tried ultimate iphone theme yesterday and I downloaded the mtz with my pc and it worked fine. You can even change the statusbar but it won't change the toggles and background (are there even thems for miuiv4 that do that?).
I think it's in a good enough state to be used as a daily rom, at least if you can live with out the camera which I can.

Ps has anyone tried this with custom mtd partitions and if so what kind of?

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
The stock launcher is working quite fast for me and as for themes it's obvious you shouldn't apply the whole thing, but you can't set even some icons etc. because the app fc's. This has happened to the ones that I've downloaded online from the app itself, I tried ultimate iphone theme yesterday and I downloaded the mtz with my pc and it worked fine. You can even change the statusbar but it won't change the toggles and background (are there even thems for miuiv4 that do that?).
I think it's in a good enough state to be used as a daily rom, at least if you can live with out the camera which I can.

Ps has anyone tried this with custom mtd partitions and if so what kind of?

Hdpi icons are much larger than ldpi if they did work they wouldn't look right anyway, if you copy the .mtz to your pc rename it to .zip then you can extract it and resize everything.

Use root explorer to check the size of your system folder then set your mtd partition.

core1024

Dec 10, 2010
Ruse
Hello!
I love this ROM. It's just what I've wanted my WildFire to be.
The only thing I found very annoying is that the lockscreen shows at the second try and below it there is an image of something like flashlight. Also there is an issue with the Wi-Fi. It seem that the phone can't detect networks at 13th channel and there's no option to change the band, but i've reconfigured my router so this is not big deal.

liviucristian17

Jul 25, 2009
Hello!
I love this ROM. It's just what I've wanted my WildFire to be.
The only thing I found very annoying is that the lockscreen shows at the second try and below it there is an image of something like flashlight. Also there is an issue with the Wi-Fi. It seem that the phone can't detect networks at 13th channel and there's no option to change the band, but i've reconfigured my router so this is not big deal.

I had this issue to(flashlight)!Restore your phone and never open flashlight again!!!;)

Reactions: core1024

KahlanHaskeer

Oct 24, 2010
Still too much force close and not pretty smooth, but great job anyway. I follow your work closely ;)

Edit : But I have an issue when I want to restore a NANdroid backup : it doesn't work, it's still MIUI...

Last edited:

androidino95

Dec 21, 2010
soundcloud.com
To all who don't have root, just re-root the rom with superoneclick after flashing it or get the su package and flash it from recovery.

Now, you will have root.

ad95

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
So I've been using this for 2 days, only problems now are the obvious ones camera, browser etc battery life seems good to me and its such a good looking Rom, can't wait till I have some spare time to play around and do some modding!!

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
Scratch have you been able to call UK phone numbers? Just wanting to know since I can't test.

Sent from my Wildfire using XDA

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
Really want to give this a chance but camera and browser is a must for me so I'm going back to my relic Roms for now lol. :p

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA

togno

Jul 4, 2011
Carrara, MS
ok, wifi was working fine for me on alpha 2 but i couldn't reach constant data with the same version...
what about launcher, is it fast? (i mean stock one)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI v4 for Wildfire

This is MIUI v4 ICS ported by me to Htc Wildfire!

710xc.png

What's working
    • Boot
    • GPS
    • Touchscreen
    • Keylayout
    • Bluetooth
    • GSM
    • GSM Data
    • USB Mount
    • Sensors
    • Audio
    • 3D
    • Headphones
    • Charger
    • Root
    • Wifi
    • Indetify in market
    • All MIUI Apps

What's not working:
    • Camera
    • Video Decoder
    • FM Radio

Thinks I changed my self:
    • Resized Launcher
    • Resized some things that they were to big
    • Resized Contacts.apk
    • Resized Music.apk
    • Resized Clock Widget

Screenshots:

2012-02-26-13-07-16osl7n.png
    2012-02-26-13-18-15mhz0z.jpg
    2012-02-26-13-19-10q3l49.jpg
    2012-02-26-13-23-07kk4qm.jpg
    2012-02-26-13-23-07io4ok.jpg
    2012-02-26-13-27-37y93co.jpg
    2012-02-26-13-28-02i23bm.jpg
    2012-02-26-13-29-414k2v6.jpg
    2012-02-26-13-29-568cvzj.jpg
    2012-02-26-13-30-23m91lc.jpg
    2012-02-26-13-30-40o00v8.jpg
    2012-02-26-13-31-158263u.jpg

Credits:
    • ErwinP
    • jamal2367
    • Team Cooper

Press thanks button or donate to me to support this project!
    Changelog

Release Changelog:

04/03/2012-Beta1
    • Updated to latest Miui 2.3.2
    • Multilanguge
    • Native usb mount
    • Miui Music v4
    • Added torch app
    • Fixed themes
    • New Keyboard
    • Faster
    • Some more small fixes

27/02/2012-Alpha2
    • Update to MIUI 2.2.24
    • Resized Clock Widgets
    • Fixed Phone.apk FC
    • Fixed Mms.apk FC
    • Added Miui Music v3 again
    • Faster

26/02/2012-Alpha1
    • First Release for wildfire
    • MIUI 2.2.24
    • Resized Launcher
    • Resized some things that they were to big
    • Resized Contacts.apk
    • Resized Music.apk
    • Resized Clock Widgets
    Tips

Tips for MIUI

MIUI Themes Fix

To apply this fix you must have root explorer or any other file manager with root permissions like file expert!
    1. Open Root Explorer or File Expert and etc
    2. Open data folder
    3. Open system folder
    4. Press Mount R/W
    5. Make new folder
    6. Name the new folder ''theme'' (without quotes)
    7. Reboot your phone
    8. Done, Now you can apply themes!

Data not working Fix

If you have problems with data do the following:
    1. Enable Data
    2. Enable Airplane mode
    3. Disable Airplane mone
    4. Disable Data
    5. Enable Data
    6. Done, Now data will work!
    Miui v4 Beta1 Released

Changelog: