[DEV/WIP] CyanogenMod 10 Preview

Search This thread

waydownsouth

Dec 26, 2010
CyanogenMod 10 preview builds for Acer Iconia A500 (picasso) & A200 (picasso_e)

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an early release preview of things to come, we are 99% functional hardware wise, but there is still a fair bit of work to do under the hood.

CM10 is still in early stages of development, but, is progressing at a rapid pace... Things will be broken & not all features from CM9 have been ported (yet).
Expect some weirdness, breakage & other things.

In an effort to keep this thread form being derailled like the other Jellybean thread, lowsum has started a thread for user discussion in general... I will be monitoring that thread too.

Posts giving thanks, telling us that you're downloading now are not wanted nor needed in this thread.
It is about development, for reporting bugs, working on & contributing to fixes/solutions.

Please respect this wish... hit the thanks button & move on to general.

Working:
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Storage
  • Sound
  • Camera
  • GPS (Hax)
  • 2d/3d acceleration
  • HDMI video
  • HDMI audio
  • H/W rotation lock

Not working:
  • ??

Reporting bugs:
Please check post 2 to see if it has already been mentioned, if not, make a post, but, be prepared to provide more information (logcats etc) if requested

Full credits to the whole team @ CyanogenMod

randomblame for the early port work & as always, lively discussions in IRC
pio_masaki for all the testing on the a100 device & for being such a helpful & awesome dude.
gh123man for the soon to be ported rotation switch handler

Downloads

Big thanks to lifeofcoding for the hosting

Last edited:

armada786

Feb 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
Bugs that remain from CM9:

Recent apps list causes tearing on system bar:
Open enough apps such that the recent apps list requires scrolling. Then, scroll down so a preview goes through the system bar. Move it around (scroll, half throw it off) and you'll see.

Though more monkeying with it shows certain patterns, such as only interacting with the lower thumbnails causes tearing. Probably related to how the UI redraws. Will attempt to get logcat.

Chrome suffers graphical errors and hangs:
E/OpenGLRenderer( 9520): OpenGLRenderer is out of memory!
D/OpenGLRenderer( 9520): GL error from OpenGLRenderer: 0x505

Reactions: Matthileo

InvalidCast

Sep 7, 2008
Nantes
i'm pretty sure i was able to overclock with cm-10-20120722-UNOFFICIAL-a500 and now with cm-10-20120723-UNOFFICIAL-a500, the max is set to 1000MHz. i may be wrong, as i'm playing also with JB on my GN :)

gps working fine, tested with gps test

lechuckthepirate

Nov 9, 2009
Barcelona
The screenlock interface doesn't appear after resuming the tablet. It did at first, but not anymore. It works anyway when you sweep with the finger where it should be... may be a redraw issue.

Cheers

waydownsouth

Dec 26, 2010
Can you link me to the gapps you're running?
I have not yet seen this, am wondering if there's a connection

Matthileo

Apr 19, 2009
Wichita, KS
Known Issues
EGL memory leak (most apparent in chrome browser)

Causes major issues in gmail, calander, and Reddit is fun also.
Right now this is my number 1 problem.

Any chance of a change log between this build and last. I want to know if losing overclock is worth it.

Can you link me to the gapps you're running?
I have not yet seen this, am wondering if there's a connection
I'm using 17-signed and I have the disappearing lockscreen issue.

[sent from my iconia tab]

femmyade2001

Feb 19, 2009
Thanks waydownsouth! Is it just the GPS fix in this version? Also, is there any chance we can have a change log in OP before things get messy?
:highfive:

I just flashed this on top of the previous cm10 build. And then I reflashed gapps. I'm able to use gmail again, phew. At least it hasn't crashed yet.

Last edited:

bfranklin1986

Nov 22, 2010
The screenlock interface doesn't appear after resuming the tablet. It did at first, but not anymore. It works anyway when you sweep with the finger where it should be... may be a redraw issue.

Cheers

I had this one time after first installing but after a reboot fixed it I have not had the issue again. No logcat running when it happened and I haven't been able to recreate. Used gapps here

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bfranklin1986

Nov 22, 2010
I had this one time after first installing but after a reboot fixed it I have not had the issue again. No logcat running when it happened and I haven't been able to recreate. Used gapps here

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Just had it again. Logcat attached. I'm no expert but it looks like it's related to the memory leak....

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-07-24-11-23-27-0400.txt
    70 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 preview builds for Acer Iconia A500 (picasso) & A200 (picasso_e)

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an early release preview of things to come, we are 99% functional hardware wise, but there is still a fair bit of work to do under the hood.

CM10 is still in early stages of development, but, is progressing at a rapid pace... Things will be broken & not all features from CM9 have been ported (yet).
    Expect some weirdness, breakage & other things.

In an effort to keep this thread form being derailled like the other Jellybean thread, lowsum has started a thread for user discussion in general... I will be monitoring that thread too.

Posts giving thanks, telling us that you're downloading now are not wanted nor needed in this thread.
    It is about development, for reporting bugs, working on & contributing to fixes/solutions.

Please respect this wish... hit the thanks button & move on to general.

Working:
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Storage
    • Sound
    • Camera
    • GPS (Hax)
    • 2d/3d acceleration
    • HDMI video
    • HDMI audio
    • H/W rotation lock

Not working:
    • ??

Reporting bugs:
    Please check post 2 to see if it has already been mentioned, if not, make a post, but, be prepared to provide more information (logcats etc) if requested

Full credits to the whole team @ CyanogenMod

randomblame for the early port work & as always, lively discussions in IRC
    pio_masaki for all the testing on the a100 device & for being such a helpful & awesome dude.
    gh123man for the soon to be ported rotation switch handler

Downloads

Big thanks to lifeofcoding for the hosting
    For [DEV] Threads, if you're reporting a bug, attach a logcat. If you do not have something constructive to add (i.e. logcats, tips on how to build a better kernel/rom, etc.) your post will be deleted.

Pax
    FSM Acer Iconia A500

Note: This only applies to posts after mine.
    Known Issues
    EGL memory leak (most apparent in chrome browser)
    Waydownsouth,

Have had the ROM lock up a couple time where the only thing I could do is press and hold the power button and then press the power button to reboot.

What logs do you want for this type of problem?

Also still getting the reboot on waking up the tablet once in a while. Thought is was related to flash, but has done it with out me using flash at all.

Want to get logs to you just not sure which ones you need.
    Normally I'd be interested in a logcat if adb was still up...

But, in this case, sit tight for a bit, working on some new builds, should have them up tonight...

thanks tho!
    Once the 501 & 101 devices are fixed then it will be done...

In the meantime, check the thread OP

New build for the a500 & the a200 is now in on the action.

From here on, I'll be uploading new builds every few days, as things get fixed or need testing...

enjoy, wds :)