Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mikew29

Mar 10, 2008
Re: [ROM][JB:CM10:HYBRID] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 STABLE-Update- -*NOV 20th*-

Make sure you do a factory reset prior to flashing if coming from tw or other Roms.

r3a1ist

Aug 8, 2011

Anyone have an issue with a completely non functioning GPS antenna?

Last edited:

r3a1ist

Aug 8, 2011

Op please put warning in ROM posting that going from 4.2 to 4.1, the base of this ROM may kill your GPS at which point the only sure fire way to bring your GPS back is by flashing the original factory image through Odin. Thats been pretty painful but everything seems to be working now. Flashing backwards after moving up to 4.2 may kill your GPS.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

thats a common issue with cyanogen mod based roms. just restore to factory default and if still not fixed try flashing different kernels. always factory default after any change to rom.

I did factory reset from recovery. Not sure if it happens to everyone. I was coming from 4.2 domination ROM. If you get caught you have to start from scratch. Reroot and install recovery and all. I've heard flashing sinergy ROM worked for some pple but I just went the clean route.

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas
I had GPS issues, but occurred while updating PA rom from the various versions before.

I fixed it while screwing up my downgrade from 4.2 -> 4.1 because of the file folder architecture and I was unable to nandroid restore. Ended up wiping completely and ODIN back to stock and starting all over. Now back where I left off @ 2.54 STABLE and GPS works again.

Anyways you guys successfully restore nandroid from 4.2 to 4.1??

r3a1ist

Aug 8, 2011

Cant get my phone to to ring. I'm lookin to jump ship.

r3a1ist

Aug 8, 2011

lol, phone not ringing because of the rom. But to flash something else, jump ship by changing rom. I bought my sister a nexus 4 though. Awesome phone. I have this rom on my Nexus 7 but my damn GS3 will not ring. I'm in emergency fix it by whatever means mode. Bout to flash out now.

theindywilsons

Sep 7, 2012
Indianapolis

I switched over to LiquidSmooth about two weeks ago. It has per app dpi settings, but not as smooth as PA. I'd gladly come back if development starts back up.

Gorjira

Sep 17, 2012
A Place called Royal Oak

I refuse to let this thread die. I'll make sure it gets back to the top. I hope this ROM does come back in full force! Like I've said before this is my #1 go-to for daily use when it was in development. I've never had any issues and I've gotta say that Phablet mode combined with Nova Launcher Prime has been my favorite combination on this phone. I feel that Phablet really takes advantage of this phone's screen.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

ayassine

Feb 9, 2011
I refuse to let this thread die. I'll make sure it gets back to the top. I hope this ROM does come back in full force! Like I've said before this is my #1 go-to for daily use when it was in development. I've never had any issues and I've gotta say that Phablet mode combined with Nova Launcher Prime has been my favorite combination on this phone. I feel that Phablet really takes advantage of this phone's screen.

its been a long time. don't think any developer is interested

blu422

Jun 12, 2012
Bountiful, UT

That's what i was afraid of... Now that people are using PACman and ParanoidKang, I guess devs see no point in Paranoid Android.

I really hope they will find it in their hearts to port PA3 to this phone. Cause PA3 looks dang sexy.

taco7712

Sep 19, 2012
Hello, not to be a bother or anything but i'm in a bit of a rush but that wallpaper used in OP's post is simply amazing (the one on the left) - I've tried searching the forum to no avail. Does anyone have the link?

Valhalla_

Feb 23, 2013
Hitchcock, TX

Hello, not to be a bother or anything but i'm in a bit of a rush but that wallpaper used in OP's post is simply amazing (the one on the left) - I've tried searching the forum to no avail. Does anyone have the link?

Which one? The one with the gravel looking road and the adobe looking house?

+Bound for Valhalla!

Reactions: Jelly419

ayassine

Feb 9, 2011

PAC rom seems to bring in all the paranoid features

Valhalla_

Feb 23, 2013
Hitchcock, TX

Both if you may. both look extraordinary. Makes the ROM stand out from the others. :good:

I know that the one with the colors is a standard jellybean wp. You can get it with apex launcher. I'm sure you can get it other places too. Apex is just where I know off top of my head.

+Bound for Valhalla!

Reactions: Jelly419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][JB:CM10:HYBRID] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 STABLE-Update- -*NOV 20th*-

Original OP
    ***Mod Edit*** (Copied from final post)

Ayysir said:
    All Samsung GS3 updates will now be directed here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2129993

One central thread for d2lte since they are combined

Redirect all inquiries there!

hello_halo.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM
    3. INSTALL GAPPS

DOWNLOADS

4.0x Main Link

KNOWN BUGS:

• LED is a bit wonky
    • PA OTA FCs

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSPA 4,0, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    ayysir
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: ParanoidAndroid

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2013-09-14
    Current Beta Version: 3.99-RC2

Created 2013-07-31
    Last Updated 2014-05-24
    Alright kids, as promised, here's the run down of things to follow with PA:

1) The PA team has some new features and things that they say are going to make using your phone a whole new experience, as if paranoid android already isnt a whole new experience, but more is always better :) ! Something to do with the systemui of the rom.

2) YES, the PA team does plan to rebase paranoid android with android 4.2 aosp! They said in doing this, it will allow for better optimization for the device family. (Not sure what this entirely means, but again, sounds like nexus support) We will also be free of modifications and changes that the PA team does not support! (No longer would any issues be of the cm10 base, which should make the rom a lot more stable, when we get it all together) The PA team will also not suffer from "nightly", where releasing is always a gamble. However, some things such as the cm theme manager and lockscreen customizations will be put back in! And we'll also be developing a separate gapps for use with the rom, which will provide better connectivity and support!

3) Finally, the team has said that cm-pa can go on, we will be able to sync up the latest cm10 changes into the rom and provide updates that way, but the PA team is moving to the new base and WILL discontinue work on cm-pa! Which basically means, might as well move on to the new.

Again guys, this is going to mean a HUGE change in the way I do things and the rest of the devs for PA! I am going to have to learn a lot more. I mean I can always keep the cm-pa going with the newest commits and such, but I like to be on the bleeding edge and am going to see how this will work out for all other devices that aren't branded nexus.

Thank you for your time and have a blessed night all!
    Well ladies and gentlemen, as for my surprise...

As you know, paranoid android has taken a completely new twist! Using aosp android 4.2 instead of cm 10.1 has been hard work for the pa team! I am pleased to announce that the pa team has finally uploaded all of the new files for paranoid android 2.99! Until now, only the nexus devices were getting builds and now a couple of other builds have emerged. I did run the new update on my note and all I can say is...OMG! The community is certainly in for a real treat. A lot has changed and there is a new paprefs.

However, I will say this... The pa team ONLY have nexus devices!! Nothing else! Which means the pa team can only troubleshoot in the areas of the nexus! All other devices have been labeled legacy devices and as such, will only be supported if the official dev for each device modifies and removes overlays and other such! The hardware and kernel trees HAD to be used from cm 10.1 to be able to get it to work properly.

On the note, for a first release, it was pretty solid and stable but has some quirky bugs that needs to be worked out or even tuned and touched up. Its still very new for the rest of us and in saying that, some work to be able to bring this to other devices!

I will be trying to make a build for the gs3 along with the dev whom I choose to take over for me. As he will have to go through a little bit as I do, to be able to bring this to you guys! I ask that you all be patient, but be anxious, just a little bit...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium