[APP][ROOT] OnePlusTouchFix - Configurable vibration

Search This thread

ejacsve

Dec 10, 2010
This app has been heavily inspired by SabrWolfs [APP][ROOT] Touch screen fixer.

The app is supposed to at least temporarily improve the touch on the Oneplus one, making the device usable. I can't guarantee that it works for you, but it makes a big difference for me. :)

The app requires root, and executes the shell command cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test every time the screen is turned on. It is not based on Tasker, but implemented as an ordinary app. The difference compared to Touch screen fixer, and the reason I made this app, is that the vibration is configurable. I initially implemented this app to be able to deactivate the vibration entirely, but since it actually takes a second or two to run the command and get touch working again, I found that I actually prefer a very brief vibration as feedback that the device is ready for use.

As usual with root apps, don’t forget to grant the app root access the first time it is started, otherwise it won’t work.

And as always, I can't take any responsibility if this app makes your house to burn down, your car to explode or your phone to overheat ;)

Edit:
Here is the complete code:
https://github.com/jaqob/OnePlusTouchFix

It was not really intended to be shared, so be gentle ;)

Attachments

• OnePlusTouchFix.apk
    23.4 KB · Views: 964
Last edited:

Gamm86

Sep 5, 2013
Allot of users have been helped by flashing a different ROM, so it's kind of ROM related I guess.

Therefor it might be best to tell people which ROM you are using.

ejacsve

Dec 10, 2010
Allot of users have been helped by flashing a different ROM, so it's kind of ROM related I guess.

Therefor it might be best to tell people which ROM you are using.

I'm using stock 12.0-YNG1TAS2I3, the latest offical CyanogenMod release. But, the same problem existed before as well, so it is not directly related to a specific ROM.

zodiaxe66

Nov 19, 2010
OnePlus 8T
102 downloads and not a single reply or thank you..
I can't give any feedback,i never had any problems with my touchscreen.
But Thanx for posting your work and apparently your app works as intended or there would have been a S...storm.

Reactions: ejacsve and 1asbak1

dxxvi

Dec 18, 2007
Could anybody explain why cat-ting a file (i.e. just read a file content) can fix some issue?
May I see the source code of this apk?

ejacsve

Dec 10, 2010
Could anybody explain why cat-ting a file (i.e. just read a file content) can fix some issue?
May I see the source code of this apk?

The relevant part really just looks like this
Code:
    public static int runTouchFixCommand()
    {
        int result = -1;
        try {
            Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(new String[]{"su","-c","cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test"});
            result = p.waitFor();
        } catch (IOException | InterruptedException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        return result;
    }

The key here is that it is the /sys folder. It is not an ordinary filesystem but a virtual one used to communicate with different attached devices, in this case the synaptic touch driver.
See wikipedia for some further details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard#FHS_compliance

If I understand things correctly, reading baseline_test will run this code:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...s/input/touchscreen/synaptics_dsx_i2c.c#L1780
Which near the end does this "//step 5:reset touchpanel and reconfig the device".

Or it may just be magic ;)

Edit:

Last edited:
Reactions: dxxvi

ejacsve

Dec 10, 2010
Unfortunately this app seems to be needed for CM12.1 as well. Fortunately it still works ;)

iPusak Gaoq™

Mar 21, 2012
Kuching
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi A3
Is it possible to make updates or make new version for CAF build rom?
This apps work well on Slimsaber but didn't work on sultanxda Caf build...when I use it on I got this popup "fail to excute command, is you phone rooted?"....both rom is rooted btw...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ejacsve

Dec 10, 2010
This apps work well on Slimsaber but didn't work on sultanxda Caf build...when I use it on I got this popup "fail to excute command, is you phone rooted?"....both rom is rooted btw...

I haven't tested any CAF build (perhaps I should), but in the sultanxda case, I would guess this line in the description is to blame "Rewrote half of the Synaptics touchscreen driver (over 2500 lines of code modified; your touchscreen might work better)". The function my small app relies on (synaptics_rmi4_baseline_data in synaptics_dsx_i2c.c) is removed. So I'm afraid I can't get it to work there.

nice app i think
since i didnt encounter any touch issue in my OPO since day 1
cant say any, but its a good job
u should try to implement it in xposed and caf

I have worked a bit with xposed, but I don't really see any gain to use it for this purpose..?

Last edited:

ejacsve

Dec 10, 2010

I have tried Sultans CM12 version, with the CAF kernel now, and my phone is working better then it ever have. No problem with the touch, so no need for this app, at least not for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app has been heavily inspired by SabrWolfs [APP][ROOT] Touch screen fixer.

The app is supposed to at least temporarily improve the touch on the Oneplus one, making the device usable. I can't guarantee that it works for you, but it makes a big difference for me. :)

The app requires root, and executes the shell command cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test every time the screen is turned on. It is not based on Tasker, but implemented as an ordinary app. The difference compared to Touch screen fixer, and the reason I made this app, is that the vibration is configurable. I initially implemented this app to be able to deactivate the vibration entirely, but since it actually takes a second or two to run the command and get touch working again, I found that I actually prefer a very brief vibration as feedback that the device is ready for use.

As usual with root apps, don’t forget to grant the app root access the first time it is started, otherwise it won’t work.

And as always, I can't take any responsibility if this app makes your house to burn down, your car to explode or your phone to overheat ;)

Edit:

But Thanx for posting your work and apparently your app works as intended or there would have been a S...storm.
    Definitely works very well. I was using SabrWolf fix before this, thanks for the additional vibration duration option.

Yes, this must be the first bug free app ever ;)
    let me try and giv u a result

As the result, i do feel different in touch screen. Much more sensitive