[Q] MaximusHD+Hboot S-OFF

Search This thread

xPhrosty

Aug 8, 2013
i just recently S-OFF through Rumrunner and i was wondering if im able to install maximusHD 10 (sense 5 + android 4.2). I'm not sure if hboot 2.16 is required, since im S-OFF with hboot 2.15. thanks.

rosswhite

May 10, 2011
i just recently S-OFF through Rumrunner and i was wondering if im able to install maximusHD 10 (sense 5 + android 4.2). I'm not sure if hboot 2.16 is required, since im S-OFF with hboot 2.15. thanks.

Part of the install instructions for MaximusHD is updating your hboot version from 2.15 to 2.16. So yes, 2.15 is correct for now. When you go to download the ROM there are 2 files, the ROM and the installer package. The installer package contains the firmware (this is what updates the hboot to 2.16) and the recovery. This is why the instructions are a little complicated. Basically you have to flash the rom first, then flash the firmware, then flash the recovery, then flash the ROM again. Just note, you can not mount storage in TWRP recovery for 2.16. Also, if you are a stock android fan then stay on 2.15 if you want to have a greater choice of ROM's. Currently I think the only AOSP based ROM that supports the 2.16 hboot is CM11.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xPhrosty

Aug 8, 2013
Part of the install instructions for MaximusHD is updating your hboot version from 2.15 to 2.16. So yes, 2.15 is correct for now. When you go to download the ROM there are 2 files, the ROM and the installer package. The installer package contains the firmware (this is what updates the hboot to 2.16) and the recovery. This is why the instructions are a little complicated. Basically you have to flash the rom first, then flash the firmware, then flash the recovery, then flash the ROM again. Just note, you can not mount storage in TWRP recovery for 2.16. Also, if you are a stock android fan then stay on 2.15 if you want to have a greater choice of ROM's. Currently I think the only AOSP based ROM that supports the 2.16 hboot is CM11.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

okay, that makes much more sense now. thanks a lot!