[watchface] [Q] I search for LCARS

Search This thread

Trespassing

Jun 5, 2012
Taunusstein
Waaaah! Thank you so much! It's really nice! And for free?! You're crazy in a positive way (-:

You could make it more usable if by providing space for some widgets. Maybe an optional 4x5 resolution without date-area... Just an idea by my side ;)

Von meinem Sony Xperia Z1 gesendet. Mit Hirn.

Last edited:
Reactions: nwg

nwg

Nov 30, 2012
dev.nwg.pl
Waaaah! Thank you so much! It's really nice! And for free?! You're crazy in a positive way (-:
Yeah, it was fun. And I'd have to go crazy to make a paid app containing registered trademarks. They have an army of lawyers in the Paramount. :D

You could make it more usable if by providing space for some widgets. Maybe an optional 4x5 resolution without date-area... Just an idea by my side ;)

I was thinking about it. The simplest way would be just to squeeze everything vertically. I'll take a look what it looks like. Otherwise I'd have to redraw all the 60 frames. :/

Reactions: steliosk

Trespassing

Jun 5, 2012
Taunusstein
Maybe it could be possible to squeeze to 4x4 without too much work? I think LCARS won't look nasty if not fitting in the width. ;)

You're right... Paramount would act like Ferengi :D

nwg

Nov 30, 2012
dev.nwg.pl
great watch but is there any way you could incorporate the phone and watch battery into the face and if possible notification count into the face too for the ones who are not rooted and cant use the app hack due to having a sony xperia phone:D

Unfortunately in Sony SDK 3.0 there's no API to access the watch battery level, as well as other useful stuff like alarm settings or unread notifications. Of course you can read battery level via android BatteryManager class, but the phone battery only. I saw at stackoverflow that @nefa asked the Sony team to add these APIs. The only we can do is to wait for them.

I've just added 5x4 widget to the application. Should be available on Google Play soon.

lcars12.png

Last edited:

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
nwg awesome watchface. Many thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

zulto

Dec 14, 2014
Nwg i had to join this forum just to post my thanks for this, the watch face is brillant, im spreading the word to all my SW2 friends.

Any chance you would give some time to making the metal gear solid twin snakes codec ptt into a watchface? Sony fans would be over the moon, especially with the playstation 20th anniversary going on at present.

nwg

Nov 30, 2012
dev.nwg.pl
Nwg i had to join this forum just to post my thanks for this, the watch face is brillant, im spreading the word to all my SW2 friends.

Any chance you would give some time to making the metal gear solid twin snakes codec ptt into a watchface? Sony fans would be over the moon, especially with the playstation 20th anniversary going on at present.
Haha, such a simple watch face made so many people happy. My pleasure. :)
Concerning your question: why not, but I'm no gamer. You'd have to give me sample graphics, as @Trespassing did at the beginning of this thread.

zulto

Dec 14, 2014
Haha, such a simple watch face made so many people happy. My pleasure. :)
Concerning your question: why not, but I'm no gamer. You'd have to give me sample graphics, as @Trespassing did at the beginning of this thread.

Your LCARS watchface is very well thought out and the different colours (and the grid) as the seconds progress make this a step above hence why it makes so many people so happy.

Re: Metal Gear PTT codec watchface;

I attached a screenshot but the link below will be more useful:

(I can't post links but if you put this at the end of youtube com/) watch?v=a01GJ74X_R4
"YouTube video title: 'Metal Gear - Solid The Twin Snakes - All Cutscenes/ Full Movie (HD Remastered)' "

^
This link is a complete play through of the game in HD, if you go to time 37:35 there is a long codec conversation that will show how the bars move (this can be the ticker for the watch face seconds)

Attachments

• ppt-mgsts-1.jpg
    ppt-mgsts-1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 211

nwg

Nov 30, 2012
dev.nwg.pl
I attached a screenshot but the link below will be more useful:

This link is a complete play through of the game in HD, if you go to time 37:35 there is a long codec conversation that will show how the bars move (this can be the ticker for the watch face seconds)

It would be quite simple. I'm not sure if it's gonna look very well due to lack of colours.

bohrokkaita

Aug 17, 2012
Unfortunately Sony also broke this awesome watchface with their latest SW2 update. Date digits disappeared. Is there anything you can do about that?

nwg

Nov 30, 2012
dev.nwg.pl
Unfortunately Sony also broke this awesome watchface with their latest SW2 update. Date digits disappeared. Is there anything you can do about that?

True. I was replying to users' feeback all the yesterday evening. We are trying to get in touch with Sony, and @julz asked a question on stackoverflow. Nobody knows how long it's going to take them to reply. Knowing Sony I don't expect them to help us soon. I'll be trying to find a workaround, just in case, but hell knows if it's possible at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK guys, take a look at this:

lcars_preview.png

and check if it works well.

Download from Google Play
    great watch but is there any way you could incorporate the phone and watch battery into the face and if possible notification count into the face too for the ones who are not rooted and cant use the app hack due to having a sony xperia phone:D

Unfortunately in Sony SDK 3.0 there's no API to access the watch battery level, as well as other useful stuff like alarm settings or unread notifications. Of course you can read battery level via android BatteryManager class, but the phone battery only. I saw at stackoverflow that @nefa asked the Sony team to add these APIs. The only we can do is to wait for them.

I've just added 5x4 widget to the application. Should be available on Google Play soon.

lcars12.png
    Not that I want to tease you, but the LCARS watch face you requested is almost ready. Stay tuned. :)
    OK guys, take a look at this:

lcars_preview.png

and check if it works well.

Download from Google Play
    You did a wonderfull job!
    I love the way this works and the revolving colours.
    Great attention to details too - there is no empty spot or placeholder in low power mode in the place were seconds appear.

Really love this - many thanks for your hardwork!