Google Now

Search This thread

Lttlwing16

Mar 30, 2011
Anyone using it?

For me it usually just shows the weather. I also noticed that it does not do a local search on the tablet, a possible fallout from the samsung galaxy nexus / apple injunction? . When I go into the settings it also won't let me designate my teams under the sports card. If I do a google search for say chicago cubs scores, it shows the scores in google search, but does not show a card in google now? What are other people's experiences ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jozymozy

Aug 12, 2010
Ha, fellow Cubs fan here. I've just gotten the weather as well...but I only turned it on today. I keep asking it all sorts of questions about things I want updates on- the Cubs, Mark Webber, etc. hoping it will get the hint. I guess only time will tell.

floateruk

Nov 3, 2011
In regards to my nexus phone; I only seem to get the route home traffic and map when I'm on wifi which is pretty redundant.

I've sort of given up using it. Does anyone love it for any great reason? Not even opened it on N7

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

johnmcdnl

Apr 2, 2012
I've been trying to get it to work for the past few days but no luck at all yet..... Don't even get the weather..... I'll give it another few days days anyways but finding it a bit crap so far tbh..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

tpsantu

Oct 10, 2010
Have u activated Google now or not? Even I didn't get even the weather card for the first two days... Then I saw that it needs to be turned ON in the settings... Even after I did I get only the weather card..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

frogskins

Feb 11, 2011
I get all kinds of info from mine. It tells me when I have to leave tone on time for appointments. It tells me traffic to and from work. It keeps me informed on weather. Even keeps me up to date on sports scores.

The trick is you have to turn on web search history on your Google Dashboard.

floateruk

Nov 3, 2011
I think I'm being blind. Where is web search history?

vap1d

Mar 25, 2009
Indy
I have had pretty good luck with it as well. Weather, sports scores during and after games for both my AL and NL teams - previews showing matchups before games start, even so much so that if I use maps on my phone it'll show me traffic / estimated travel time there on my tablet.

Lttlwing16

Mar 30, 2011
So I was able to get my sports teams to finally show up. To do this I first went to google dashboard and enabled web search to a more liberal setting. I then had to go into Google Now settings and disable or turn off the sports card. I then went to settings and cleared the data for google search, then relaunched Google Now. It reprompted me to allow things, and when I navigated back to settings in Google Now, I reenabled the sports card , and when I did, the Cubs where pulled up and I could edit my teams.

A process you might want to try if it is being flaky..

Reactions: deanesn

Jek3

Jan 21, 2009
Ask it how the red sox did today. It told me they won 15-7.. they actually lost. All sports scores are always 5-10 mins behind when I ask. also, automatic cards pop up to tell me the weather and how far from home or work I am, never anything useful. I have been nothing but disappointed with it and may stop trying to use it for now till it improves(it will).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

chuckenfoot

Mar 24, 2011
How do you set it to have a card for traffic to WORK? I have the one that's always there for home but no matter what I try I never have one for work. How do I set a work location?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

deanesn

Mar 24, 2010
Chicago
So I was able to get my sports teams to finally show up. To do this I first went to google dashboard and enabled web search to a more liberal setting. I then had to go into Google Now settings and disable or turn off the sports card. I then went to settings and cleared the data for google search, then relaunched Google Now. It reprompted me to allow things, and when I navigated back to settings in Google Now, I reenabled the sports card , and when I did, the Cubs where pulled up and I could edit my teams.

Yep this world for me. Thanks a lot.

nooomoto

Sep 22, 2010
Miami, FL
I just want it to learn my daily commute. I make one trip from my house to a location about 15 miles away to pick something up, and then return home. I do this towards the end of rush hour, and sometimes get caught in traffic because of x y and z. It would be nice if Now could alert me to traffic info before my commute as I've seen it can do in demos.

I've taken the nexus with me every day since I got it and its told me nothing yet. Will having now enabled the search history make a difference?

Zico 10

Feb 27, 2010
HTC Sensation
Google Nexus 5
I just want it to learn my daily commute. I make one trip from my house to a location about 15 miles away to pick something up, and then return home. I do this towards the end of rush hour, and sometimes get caught in traffic because of x y and z. It would be nice if Now could alert me to traffic info before my commute as I've seen it can do in demos.

I've taken the nexus with me every day since I got it and its told me nothing yet. Will having now enabled the search history make a difference?

Try checking in to the place using Latitude, or adding it as a stored location with Latitude/Maps.

I manually set my work place and it brings up the travel details for me. Before that it wasn't picking it up automatically, though to be fair I didn't give it more than a trip or two to work before I did it manually.

chuckenfoot

Mar 24, 2011
Sure wish I could figure out how to get the work traffic card, lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't need Google Now to tell me the Royals lost again but it would be nice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I get all kinds of info from mine. It tells me when I have to leave tone on time for appointments. It tells me traffic to and from work. It keeps me informed on weather. Even keeps me up to date on sports scores.

The trick is you have to turn on web search history on your Google Dashboard.

Same here, can't find it.

Settings > Privacy and Accounts > Manage web history

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2