[Q] brick ??!

Search This thread

ValouSydney

Jul 19, 2012
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi everyone,

I have currently some big issue with my GT-N8010.
My custom rom wasn't running very well so I decided to reset my tablet and go back to a new fresh installation.

I downloaded the latest firmware of the tablet on sammobile and started to update it with Odin PC, but in the middle of the transfert I got an error and now my tablet is stuck on the "Firmware upgrade encoutered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.".

I have no idea how to fix it! And I can't go back to download mode anymore. On top of that, my tablet seems not to be recognize by my computer (I tried to install Kies and the samsung usb driver several times but it keeps saying that's the driver is not ok)...

Can someone help me please ?

Thank you in advance!

KoRoZIV

Aug 27, 2010
Ploiesti
First uninstall kies and all usb drivers. Restart your computer.
If you can get in download mode (power+volume down then volume up when asked) :
Install some drivers from the sticky topics here on xda. Download the firmware again from another location if possible. Use a different usb port.
If you can't get in download mode, you have to try with kies. I never had success whit it, and i really need it. But it says that n8010 does not support initializing or something like that. Maybe someone else can help with kies.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

ValouSydney

Jul 19, 2012
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I don't know where it comes from...

I tried everything, uninstall/reinstall Kies/Usb driver, put a VM with Win7 (As I am under Windows 8.1), put Win7 in dual boot to maybe fix the compatibility issue but nothing seems to work! And of course I don't have any other computer to use...

That's maybe the reason the tablet get broken as I used to use Odin on another PC and I didn't check if the usb driver was installed on this one??
I just know that Odin recognized my tablet so I was able to launch the installation of the new firmware.

I feel really bad...Hope the tablet is not definitly dead!

Last edited:

ValouSydney

Jul 19, 2012
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Ok so I went to a Samsung store and they told me that I have to send my tablet to the repair center in the country where I bought the device.
It's a big issue for me as I am now living in Australia and my tablet has been bought in France.

On top of that the guy from Samsung explained me that now it's normal if my tablet is not any longer recognize by my computer...

I heard about JTAG, I don't have any idea about the subject but may it fix my problem?
Does someone know how samsung is able to fix the tablet, so I may fix it myself instead of sending to them...?