Charging Cable That Doesn't Suck?

Search This thread

thefoss

Mar 25, 2006
orlando
Or rather, one that actually STICKS? I've used the HTC cable, Amazon's brand, Monoprice, ect. Can anybody recommend a brand that will actually stay in place consistently? Even with a bumper case on? Sick of he damn power cable falling out as soon as I pick up my device.

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Yeah I have zero issues with any of the cables especially the HTC one. One problem I do have is with the headphone jack. All my headphones seem to come out easily but maybe that's just because the port is on the bottom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

jmcamz2899

Sep 17, 2011
Baton Rouge
Check out dollar tree. Picked up one for $1 for the hell of it , was kinda shocked that it worked.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

2k4mach

Nov 1, 2006
Helotes, TX
im using a bestbuy rocketfish lighted usb cable in my car and it stays plugged in great, during a couple stops and turns the phone has gone flying and it stays plugged in lol.

Teo032

Apr 6, 2011
California
Don't use the Samsung ones, they seem to fall off easier than all you mentioned. One that really sticks for me is the wire i got from my sony xperia. If you have the chance maybe stop by a Sony store and try them out. Although I'm not sure if you can buy them separately

yuppicide

Mar 11, 2013
I have no problems at all with the HTC adapter except for when I try to use it at it's maximum length. Where the wall adapter is and my bed it jusssst reaches. So if I am charging and want to play a quick game or surf the web at 1AM, the cord is at it's maximum length with my arm extended out a bit.. so any slight movement yanks it out of the wall or the phone, but that's entirely my fault.

Jun 16, 2014
I would recommend taking your device to the store and getting your charging port looked at. Also try taking your case off and try just handling the phone while charging, as mentioned above maybe its the case that's getting in the way of the cable.

ripper4209

Mar 9, 2012
California
It's rather tight in and out of my port. Almost to tight. I have to use a good amount of force to insert and remove.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Jul 28, 2010
Original HTC cable is working very well for me ... port is very tight, solid connections with or without case ...

I think others are right: take it to AT&T and ask them to check out the port.

Good luck!

-doc

Reactions: ordg7341

ordg7341

Jul 31, 2013
Toms River
Amazon cable is great for me with original adapter. It has length options and its pretty cheap in price, not in quality.

Last edited:

ou2mame

Oct 17, 2008
Lenovo Legion Y700
I have no problems at all with the HTC adapter except for when I try to use it at it's maximum length. Where the wall adapter is and my bed it jusssst reaches. So if I am charging and want to play a quick game or surf the web at 1AM, the cord is at it's maximum length with my arm extended out a bit.. so any slight movement yanks it out of the wall or the phone, but that's entirely my fault.
I think it's time for a power strip. That'll give you 2 extra feet lol

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

bleedscarlet

Jul 29, 2010
I love mediabridge cables. By far the fastest charging, best "teeth," and perfect length.

I own two, one for my car and one for my bedside. I use the cable the phone came with for my computer for data transfer and stuff, but their charging only cables are fantastic.

amazon link

DeathmonkeyGTX

Oct 15, 2007
Little Rock, AR
Plus one for media bridge cables. I have a dozen of them of various lengths and ages spanning from a few months to several years old. All work perfectly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original HTC cable is working very well for me ... port is very tight, solid connections with or without case ...

I think others are right: take it to AT&T and ask them to check out the port.

Good luck!

-doc