Random Shutdowns - E980

Search This thread

dantheman68

Apr 3, 2013
Hello, I have recently re-flashed to stock on my E980, I am running the phone on the AIO network as an unlocked device (although it would run fine if it were ATT locked as well).

I am looking for ideas to why I am having a problem. So it goes like this...

The phone randomly turns off. It seems to happen in my pocket, not on the desk. When I go to turn it back on, it is unresponsive unless I pull the battery or plug it into AC. If I plug it in before pulling the battery, it says not enough power to turn on. If I pull the Battery and turn it on the homescreen loads and I have plenty of battery in the upper corner (75% or so). When the homescreen loads, its fine for awhile, then back to step 1.

I am currently unrooted (just flashed back using LG flash tools) however the problem was first noted on a rooted stock ROM. I installed CM11 thinking that maybe it was something in the ROM that was initally causing this and a new ROM was in store for me... Did it on CM 11 too. Then I reflashed to Stock and I am still having this issue.

I have tried most everything and my thought is that the battery is either toast or not being recognized properly. I do not have immediate access to a different battery, but I think i can get my hands on one... If I replace it, I'm thinking it would take me an hour or so to replicate the problem and I still wouldn't be certain that was the culprit.

Anyone have any ideas, or things I could try out before trying to source a test battery, or does this not sound like a battery issue?

Proz00

Jun 13, 2010
hey

i got the same problem
gonna have new battery soon and see if its from this
the sell man told me its could be the ROM

gonna try the modem of e980H

Last edited:

roa57

Jan 23, 2011
San Diego
I've been having a similar problem as you, and actually had the device factory reset while in my pocket. Going to try and find a battery around my area, and hoping it fixes the problem. Have you noticed any heating issues as well before the reboot?

Proz00

Jun 13, 2010
yea its getting so heated and drain the battery so fast
i think cos its trying to find single i had that problem with rezound too

i think there connection when its got heat -> drain the battey > and also kills the battery after few times