[ROM/MODS/THEME] Nook Tablet ONE-STOP-SHOP for CM7 | UPDATE! Aug/10

Search This thread

Williamh85

Aug 12, 2009
So far the best Rom iv used. BUT 1 thing thats weird and may have been answered somewhere else, Amazon app wants to install onto SD card where Google Play works fine. Is this cuz of the Rom? Iv used another one and it worked fine.

nunspa

Jan 11, 2012
Veronica,

First off.. thank you, damn good work....

I was wondering about the white on white menu issue... I had hoped that your version of CM7 would have fixed it, but to no avail.

The biggest issue I had had is with ezPDF, the bookmarks (Called Outlines) is a white text on white backgound menu :(

have you uncovered any way around it?

Also, before CM7 I was able to install AutoCAD WS, but now it wont even show up in the app store.

again thanks for the work.. B-Team kicked up a nice foundation, you kicked it up a notch. :eek:)

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Veronica,

First off.. thank you, damn good work....

I was wondering about the white on white menu issue... I had hoped that your version of CM7 would have fixed it, but to no avail.

The biggest issue I had had is with ezPDF, the bookmarks (Called Outlines) is a white text on white backgound menu :(

have you uncovered any way around it?

Also, before CM7 I was able to install AutoCAD WS, but now it wont even show up in the app store.

again thanks for the work.. B-Team kicked up a nice foundation, you kicked it up a notch. :eek:)

Hmm i didn't noticed the white on white issue that problem was in stock, i didn't play around much with apps in CM7 so confused but will check out.

About an app not appearing sounds again like stock :D. Pff i have to test many things but will check on it. If anything it could be the smallest changes i made in the build.prop. Apart from that its same ROM.

Edit: You've got a PM

~ Veronica

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Ahahaha the 100% transparency bug in the Ribbon ICS theme has been fixed, i'll add blue Menu titles instead of white and maybe other things if it works for the pop up menus.

Don't ask for ETAS I'm working on it.
After the next UPDATE which will be final i be done with this project as i have mentioned before. I'm going to work more on MIUI and stick with it for now, rezising LS for the Nook Tablet/Nook Color we'll see how it goes im still learning.

~ Veronica

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011

nop im just finishing to add the modified ribbon notification icons to the new gapps so i will be updating soon.

It will contain the theme fully modified it's beautiful the result, you guys will love it :) (but it has 2 small bugs that will work on:1 in the keyboard and screenshots[you can use an alt app for this]). I will completely renew the thread and other mod is added to mount internal over external sd so now your device can read your music from internal using stock music or any other music app. It also mounts /media to PC and everything works fine, the hack doesn't affect the backups to internal from CWM either so all is good.

Stay tunned!...

~ Veronica

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Update march/12 !!!

UPDATED OP and PM'ed moderator to request the moving of this thread!

... Need testers! I tested all but one by one and not the whole thing flashed from a flashable zip so please give feedback :D

If you want specific things from the ALL-IN-ONE mod in a new flashable zip PM me or request it here.

~ Veronica

Last edited:

SilentStormer

Jan 28, 2012
The land of no-iPhones
I wish your DL links worked directly on the NT otherwise I'd flash it tonight. If at ll possible, could you pm a new dl link from a different host? Say Dropbox? I'd love to test this out. I've been switching back and forth between cm7 and cm9 daily and this mod might make me stay a lil while.

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I wish your DL links worked directly on the NT otherwise I'd flash it tonight. If at ll possible, could you pm a new dl link from a different host? Say Dropbox? I'd love to test this out. I've been switching back and forth between cm7 and cm9 daily and this mod might make me stay a lil while.

Ok, is mediafire ok? 'cause dropbox is a bit slow

Edit: Uploading to mediafire

~ Veronica

Last edited:

C64assembly

Feb 6, 2012
nook home button

Could you map out the Nook home button to close out app long press and open task manager with short press. I would love to see this functionality in CM7. Your Cm7 ribbons did this perfectly. The cm7 alpha final does nothing when nook button pressed and i cant wake screen.

SilentStormer

Jan 28, 2012
The land of no-iPhones
Kk cool, just wondering cuz my interwebz is uuhhhhh not the best :p
EDIT: just wondering if I have to install the mod on top of a fresh cm7 or if i can just flash on top of my current alpha final version.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Could you map out the Nook home button to close out app long press and open task manager with short press. I would love to see this functionality in CM7. Your Cm7 ribbons did this perfectly. The cm7 alpha final does nothing when nook button pressed and i cant wake screen.

Go to Settings> Application Settings> Development> check Stop app via long-press

Long press of home button for open task manager is the ideal.

~ Veronica

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Kk cool, just wondering cuz my interwebz is uuhhhhh not the best :p
EDIT: just wondering if I have to install the mod on top of a fresh cm7 or if i can just flash on top of my current alpha final version.

I posted INSTALLATION section take a look you will need to reflash the ROM and then add this mod.

Not necessary to wipe data though but i need you to test if all runs well without wipe data.

~ Veronica

SilentStormer

Jan 28, 2012
The land of no-iPhones
So i will, backup, reflash cm7, clear dalvik, then flash mod, then clear dalvik, then reboot? I'm unsure if you want me to do it with or without the data wipe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ~ Mods/Tweaks/Hacks/Themes | NT ONE-STOP-SHOP FOR CM7 ~

NT-CM7.png

[CM7][GB] Soft-mod RibbonICS ROM

Download Link: NT_CM7beta_Ribbon_ICS_v1.zip | md5: dcea819b670c3ce1e94fe718434d3c4b
    Instructions & Changelog: Full wipe before install - Updated to TEAM B+ Beta build

NOTE: The ROM includes Gapps and other goodies.

IF YOU INSTALLED THE ROM ABOVE THERE IS NOT NEED TO INSTALL THE MODS BELOW BECAUSE THE ROM ALREADY HAVE THEM​

MODS

1. BootSound_4_CM7_AFinal

Download: http://minus.com/mNTHETSet/9f | 355.9 KB | md5: 8862de8a08224cc20c1bde68a7bece99
    Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?s28ohsszrbzzz36

What includes?

* bootsoundtoggle, enablebootsound, newbootanim, newbootsound >> Scripts with different functions
    * android_audio.mp3 >> Ubuntu login sound as boot audio

Tips for this MOD:

* BusyBox required

enablebootsound - enables boot sound if enable from recovery was unsuccesful
    bootsoundtoggle - turns bootsound on or off
    newbootsound - copies /sdcard/android_audio.mp3 OR /sdcard/android_audio.ogg as new boot sound
    newbootanim - copies /sdcard/bootanimation.zip as new bootanimation

* Run the scripts from terminal emulator app:
    Code:
    $ su
    # sh /system/bin/name-of-the-script

* To set custom sound or animation place them on root of sdcard named appropriately i.e. 'bootanimation.zip' and 'android_audio.mp3'/'android_audio.ogg'

INSTALLATION:

1. Download the file of the mod you pick
    2. Copy the zip file in the root (/) of Internal OR External SDcard (Pick one)
    3. Verify md5 of the file >> ES File Explorer>Properties let you check md5
    4. Boot into CWM
    4.1 Go to Backup & restore>> Backup your current ROM if you haven't already
    4.2 Format system, Wipe cache, advanced>> Wipe dalvik cache
    4.3 Re-flash CM7 ROM
    4.4 Flash the mod
    5. Reboot your device. ENJOY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEMES

Theme Chooser Themes:

screenshot-1347482937038.png

* RibbonICS Sept/12

Download: Mirror 1 - Mirror 2 | 5.20 MB | md5: a2c365568879e4da2a1aa140c0ae5eb4

INSTALLATION:

- You must reboot your device after applying theme in theme chooser for all effects to take place.

* RibbonICS Transparent (Discontinued)

Download: Mirror 1 - Mirror 2 | 3 MB | md5: 77ef4759620705d87f60832e43213f41

* @joenathane for ICS theme tweaked for tablets
    * @collins521 for Ribbon icons
    * @Habarug for help me with the transparency of the theme
    * @ZduneX25 for his great guides, and for be awesome! :D
    * All other themers work/icons that i based RibbonICS theme from

Screenshoots:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22859023&postcount=2

~ Veronica
    Screenshots

RibbonICS:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bvwimtmu04pwhmc/kBdOaHEWH7

RibbonICS Transparent:

shot_000008.png
    shot_000010.png
    shot_000013.png

screenshot-1329960642308.png
    screenshot-1334280679360.png
    screenshot-1334280709088.png

screenshot-1329893841479.png
    screenshot-1334280211817.png
    screenshot-1334279796365.png

screenshot-1334279888734.png
    screenshot-1334280354366.png
    screenshot-1334281757558.png

screenshot-1334280548025.png
    shot_000007.png
    screenshot-1334280065835.png

~ Veronica
    Soft-mod RibbonICS CM7 ROM based on Team B+ Alpha build

Alright v2.1 is UP!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?obr4h4f0bpirj8k | md5: 665029cc26d879d7d622a5fc227b4ed2

The video shows you how the theme looks, i explain the functioning of some apps and also shows you how i have setup my Nook Tablet so is not that when you flash this ROM it will look just like in the video.
    It's up to you how you want to setup your NT​

* It is a flashable zip not a backup folder
    * It's not necessary to wipe data, JUST wipe cache/dalvik cache before flash the ROM
    * Create the InternalSD folder withing /sdcard: /sdcard/InternalSD before flash the ROM preferably
    * Go to /system/app using your favorite file explorer and install Hulu+, Netflix and Youtube from there >> replace application: OK, otherwise those apps won't work properly.
    * In a near future i will change to @succulent's kernel (boot.img) for now it has Team B+ kernel.

Changelog:

* It includes all the mods posted in this thread minus transparent status bar mod.
    * Updated most of the apps and re-added ribbon notification icons
    * Added others apps: Go Launcher, Youtube, Google Voice Search
    * Included Multi Mount SDcard Lite to mount /media and /sdcard without issue (Add Widget to home screen)
    * Removed un-useful ringtones folder
    * Tweaked build.prop a bit more
    * Added B&N stock lock/unlock ui sounds
    * Added tun.ko, cifs.ko,etc modules provided by @succulent
    * Fixed wifi issue
    * Modified framework-res.apk to override default wallpaper and lock icons

Please give constructive feedback.

~ Veronica
    This type of problem, among others, is exactly why Celtic asked not to release custom builds before a stable CM7 was achieved. Veronica, look at the problems people are experiencing with this release, and consider taking it down in compliance with Celtic's request. I advise people to simply download Celtic's build and customize it yourselves until a stable build is released.

Thanks

I'm sure Celtic is capable of talking to Veronica on his own. You don't need to create multiple posts on his behalf.

MOD NOTICE

As XDA rule 12 states, If a dispute occurs about who developed / created a piece of work, first try to settle the matter by private message and NOT in open forum

I do not want to see any more open discussion about this​
    Read the OP, this is a softmod version (Google it) . It is a modified version of CM7 Alpha12 that I released as an upgrade to the Stock version with Ribbon ICS style. NOW DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD. Use the thanks button, no need to post it.

- Veronica

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :p