Bit of confusion

Search This thread
Apr 10, 2012
So I've been reading since I did my root and flashed infusion 1.8 I'm wanting to mess around with custom roms I was seeing there is an miui it says it's 2.3.5 based my question is do I have to have ginger bread to flash this rom is that what it means when it's 2.3.5 based? I've googled and looked around the forums and couldn't really find anything on the subject so even a link would help I dont mind reading for myself thx guys

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
So I've been reading since I did my root and flashed infusion 1.8 I'm wanting to mess around with custom roms I was seeing there is an miui it says it's 2.3.5 based my question is do I have to have ginger bread to flash this rom is that what it means when it's 2.3.5 based? I've googled and looked around the forums and couldn't really find anything on the subject so even a link would help I dont mind reading for myself thx guys

Take a read thru the links on my signature block..kk

Apr 10, 2012
If you feel you are a noob, I would recommend non miui or non cm9 roms.

why would that be? and are the non miui cm9 roms as fun or as cool? i really just wanna try improving my battery life i dont even have my phone overclocked right now and it uses battery like crazy ive tried undervolting and it didnt do anything but shut my phone down even on the lowest settings.

Apr 10, 2012
and just for future reference if it says there 2.3.5. based or whatever os base they are does that mean i have to be updated to flash it?

Bubonic78

Feb 7, 2012
Garland
and just for future reference if it says there 2.3.5. based or whatever os base they are does that mean i have to be updated to flash it?

No need to update since it is an " update" if your rooted and all that good stuff and flash a Gingerbread ROM you will now have Gingerbread :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts