[Guide] Root Official ICS ROM HBoot 1.27.000 Easely without S-Off

Search This thread

TheSnakeX

Apr 22, 2009
Al-Ahsa
Good day my dear friends,

Boring Intro------
Yesterday I was trying to root my wife's HTC Sensation which I upgraded to Official Middle East ICS 4.0.3 hboot 1.27.000 and I found this way by pure luck-----

I installed CMW and did the rooting while the device is S-ON

I'm not sure if this is a new method or was done before but I thought I'd share it to return some of your favors in this great forum.

I need to thank Mr.hasoon2000 because we will use his tol from the HTC One X forum.

Requirements:
1. Download the HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 from this link, Thanks Mr.hasoon2000 I hope you don't mind me using your tool here.
2. Download the latest CMW recovery , choose the latest for Pyramid (The Sensation) in *.img. Here is the CMW 5.8.0.9 link.
3. Download SuperSU 0.88.zip, thanks Mr.Chainfire or from this link [23.04.2012] SuperSU v0.88.

Step By Step Method:
1. Copy the SupperSU.zip file to your SD root.
2. Extract the HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 to the Disktop.
3. Connect your Mobile and make sure you're in the charging mood and your check USB development or debugging option.
4. Run the One X.exe application.
5. Install the HTC drivers.
****If you unlocked your Sensation's bootloader from HTCdev.com then skip step 6 ****
6. Register in HTCdev.com website, choose Unlock Bootloader, choose your device and follow the instructions. ~This May Void your Warranty~
7. Rename the CWM recovery to CWM5827, then copy it to HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit folder/Data folder/recoveries and replace the one inside.
8. Flush the CWM recovery using the toolkit, horray you installed CWM.
9. From Commands choose Boot into recovery and from CWM flush the SuperSU.zip.
10. Congratulations, You're Now ROOTED ;).

Note: Sorry for My Bad English.

Last edited:

Vadwiser

Jan 31, 2009
Bucharest
I would like to confirm the information above. Just rooted an unlocked EU version of Sensation XE running the 4.0.3 and hboot 1.27.000. Everything worked as supposed.
Kudos TheSnakeX!

Reactions: nmugurel2003

maydayind

Dec 10, 2011
This is how u do it on every Hboot. OLD news
And u dont have to use that ONE X tool.

Just HTCDEV unlock your phone (this whill void your waranty)
Download CWR in PG58IMG.zip
Extract the recovery.img from PG58IMG.zip

open command propt and do a "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Reboot your phone in recovery and flash SU
Done your root

Last edited:

TheSnakeX

Apr 22, 2009
Al-Ahsa
I would thank all of you for your thanks and replays

I want to remind you that I said that I'm not sure if this was old news or new, but I can see that people are benefiting from this method.

One X toolkit is to maake everything easier. Every command is one click away.:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: Vadwiser

Vadwiser

Jan 31, 2009
Bucharest
Not entirely. The HTC's disclaimer is interpretable. At least this is my take on that: if unlocking the bootloader you mess up your phone by overclocking it, they will make you pay for any repair. But if - let say- some buttons begin to malfunction they will repair under warranty because that would be manufacturing flaw. This will change of course ASAP someone will come with some straightforward noobproof method to undo the unlocking ;o)

Reactions: limct

djcu

Jul 29, 2008
My device just verified that my sensation has been rooted. Thank you, it's working on hboot 1.27.000

Htc Sensation Vodafone Turkey

tuanchuoi01

Feb 29, 2012
Now ICS with S-On it only way for S-OFF and Root must be first is unlocked boot loader by office HTC_Dev so you may lost your warranty. Is it correct ?

TheSnakeX

Apr 22, 2009
Al-Ahsa
Unlocking the bootloader might void your warranty.
Yet, I bricked my sensation long time ago, it was rooted and S-off. And when I took it to HTC care they replaced the motherboard on the warranty, which means that if they discover that it was unlocked (soft brick) they will not repair it otherwise they will.
If for example there was some other problem in your phone, and you still can log into your bootloader, then I think using the same method from HTCdev, you can relock your bootloader and reflush the RUU package.

For now we can root RUU ICS roms while S-ON using this method. To make it S-Off you need to see this thread [S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF by Mr.globatron

BateRay

Mar 13, 2012
Hi i have problem
writing 'unlocktoken'... FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)
Any idea? :)

nghinguyen

Nov 1, 2007
Hi all,
my sensation( not t mobile version) is using ICS 4.0.3 with hboot 1.27.
can i use this way to root it.
Thanks

TheSnakeX

Apr 22, 2009
Al-Ahsa
On step 8 it's stuck on <waiting for deivce>
You need to activate the USB Debugging Mode from Sittings/Developer Options

Hi i have problem
writing 'unlocktoken'... FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)
Any idea? :)
In step 9 (in htcdev.com)
See the part that is highlighted, don't include the INFO.

Hi all,
my sensation( not t mobile version) is using ICS 4.0.3 with hboot 1.27.
can i use this way to root it.
Thanks
Yes, it should work with you.

Thanks all for your replays and for putting this thread in the portal (main page)

Reactions: pnlrogue1

jewelkobayashi

Oct 23, 2007
Hanoi, Vietnam
HTCdev Unlock bootloader

HI,
I wonder if someone can give me confirmation for peace of mind..

I was reading through the small prints in the htc unlocker, and it says that all personal data and installed softwares will be erased to protect personal data by carring out the unlock procedure.

The very reason I wanted to root the phone was so that I could install clockworks and the likes that allow me to do full backup of the phone (and remove bloatware), and those software's requirement are that I am rooted.

IN order to root, I will lose everything installed on my phone? What about apps i have purchased through the market?

Does my google account somehow remember that I have purchased it before, and allow me to download the same apps again without charge?

Or is it that the unlocking procedure does not mess with my installed apps and all personal data?

I hope it is the latter, otherwise it means that people are going ahead with unlocks at the cost of hassle incurred from setting up your phone again....

Someone have simple answer?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good day my dear friends,

Boring Intro------
    Yesterday I was trying to root my wife's HTC Sensation which I upgraded to Official Middle East ICS 4.0.3 hboot 1.27.000 and I found this way by pure luck-----

I installed CMW and did the rooting while the device is S-ON

I'm not sure if this is a new method or was done before but I thought I'd share it to return some of your favors in this great forum.

I need to thank Mr.hasoon2000 because we will use his tol from the HTC One X forum.

Requirements:
    1. Download the HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 from this link, Thanks Mr.hasoon2000 I hope you don't mind me using your tool here.
    2. Download the latest CMW recovery , choose the latest for Pyramid (The Sensation) in *.img. Here is the CMW 5.8.0.9 link.
    3. Download SuperSU 0.88.zip, thanks Mr.Chainfire or from this link [23.04.2012] SuperSU v0.88.

Step By Step Method:
    1. Copy the SupperSU.zip file to your SD root.
    2. Extract the HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 to the Disktop.
    3. Connect your Mobile and make sure you're in the charging mood and your check USB development or debugging option.
    4. Run the One X.exe application.
    5. Install the HTC drivers.
    ****If you unlocked your Sensation's bootloader from HTCdev.com then skip step 6 ****
    6. Register in HTCdev.com website, choose Unlock Bootloader, choose your device and follow the instructions. ~This May Void your Warranty~
    7. Rename the CWM recovery to CWM5827, then copy it to HTC One X All-In-One Toolkit folder/Data folder/recoveries and replace the one inside.
    8. Flush the CWM recovery using the toolkit, horray you installed CWM.
    9. From Commands choose Boot into recovery and from CWM flush the SuperSU.zip.
    10. Congratulations, You're Now ROOTED ;).

Note: Sorry for My Bad English.
    This is how u do it on every Hboot. OLD news
    And u dont have to use that ONE X tool.

Just HTCDEV unlock your phone (this whill void your waranty)
    Download CWR in PG58IMG.zip
    Extract the recovery.img from PG58IMG.zip

open command propt and do a "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Reboot your phone in recovery and flash SU
    Done your root
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

After trying all the other methods, This has done it!! Unlocked, says S-on but I can flash ROMS and have ext4 installed. WOO!! HOO!!!

I was on T-mobile US OTA ICS update. Hboot 1.27.0000

Now running elegancia v2.0!! So YES i can confirm installing and running custom roms!

Big thanks to TheSnakeX!!!!!!!
    Can 3.33 firmware be installed on a Hboot 1.27 with s-on, but unlocked by htc-dev? 4ext has been installed. I have read several different posts on the issue but got some conflicting answers.

not possible without SOFF ..as those partitions are locked (HTC-DEV unlock only unlocks system, data, recovery and boot partitions ..keeping the rest of them still locked)

i don't know what is my sotck rom and how to flash it i am s-on(don't know if anything has to do with that but just to mention it) i'm from europe and running stock ics 4.0.3 hboot 1.27.0000 and something 3.32 i think ?

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

wait 4.0.3 software number 3.33.401.6 hboot 1.27.0000 kernel 3.016 and where to download it from?

get the stock one from here (first post ->odexed version ) ..flash it via cwm without any wipe ..you will lose root this way ..but root is again one step away (flashing su zip)
    :D (remember mods wont work on stock roms ..flashing them might mess up stuff ..which you have already experienced ;))
    I tried but I'm always stucked on "waiting for device", by the way my im using windows 7 64bit.
    And im sure i set my phone properly, or do i need to install HTC Sync...thanks :)

keep the phone in htcsync mode and see ...
    otherwise install the drivers (for drivers check my soff guide --link in my signature )

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

I am struggling to flash a recovery using the One X Kit. I put the disc image in the data/recovery folder, but it does not do a thing. It boots up into an endless loop saying HTC. Not a single sign of clockworkmod. I need help please?

go to bootloader manually ..and then connect the phone to pc

go to your adb/fastboot folder
    copy the recovery.img (if its zip ..it will be inside) to the folder

then open a terminal there from the adb folder (if windows hold shift + right click -> open command window here)

then type this command

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

then you are done