G-Sensor wrapper, driver replacement?

Search This thread

DOMin8or

Oct 1, 2003
Cologne
on many internet site i red, the x1 will have motion sensor.
i could find a menu. and diamond apps are not running. (error, missing dll)
so i hope that will really inbuild the motion sensor, and i hope for a diamond compatibel driver/wrapper.
has any body informations about the g-sensor?
tools like gsen?
thx.

DOMin8or

Oct 1, 2003
Cologne
take google search, and you will find a lot of sites, they are telling the x1 has got a accelerometer.
nobody knows exactly, what x1 can do. but i saw a video on youtube, with all time opened keyboard, and if the presentor rotating screen, the x1`s desktop will rotate immediatly. fake?

Last edited:

artesea

Oct 2, 2008
Lincoln
take google search, and you will find a lot of sites, they are telling the x1 has got a accelerometer.
nobody knows exactly, what x1 can do. but i saw a video on youtube, with all time opened keyboard, and if the presentor rotating screen, the x1`s desktop will rotate immediatly. fake?
You can hotkey one of the buttons to rotate the screen, most likely this is what they were doing.

mlinz

Oct 8, 2008

Seriously? The phone has been out for a month now and has been reviewed in its final hardware spec for almost 2 months. Everyone should know what the X1 can do. If you don't then you aren't even looking.

DOMin8or

Oct 1, 2003
Cologne
i want the g-sensor spezially for easy looking picture gallerys,
scrolling on big websites in opera by g-sensor.
gaming. for ex. labyrinth, flying tube style games, racing games,
shaking phone answer, and so on.

links with sites, the promote acceleromter.
dialaphone.co.uk/phone/Sony_Ericsson_XPERIA_X1/

"Inside the device, the Xperia X1 features an accelerometer which switches screen modes depending on its physical orentation. "
obsessable.com/cell-phone/sony-ericsson-xperia-x1/

and many many more. i have not time to search them all.

Last edited:

Insaneboy

Mar 14, 2008
i want the g-sensor spezially for easy looking picture gallerys,
scrolling on big websites in opera by g-sensor.
gaming. for ex. labyrinth, flying tube style games, racing games,
shaking phone answer, and so on.

links with sites, the promote acceleromter.
dialaphone.co.uk/phone/Sony_Ericsson_XPERIA_X1/

"Inside the device, the Xperia X1 features an accelerometer which switches screen modes depending on its physical orentation. "
obsessable.com/cell-phone/sony-ericsson-xperia-x1/

and many many more. i have not time to search them all.

And yet... it DOESNT have it.
You have the device... go on to the settings and look up the settings for it... wait, you can't. Cos it's NOT there.

fuzzmo

Aug 6, 2008
Yup they stated it doesn't. However one little minor thing to note - when the N95 came out Nokia never admitted that it had an accelerometer. I don't know if they said it never had one (they may have done) but then some cunning developers found that it did and eventually (several firmware updates later) Nokia enabled it.

Given this and that the hardware is almost identical to the Diamond/Touch HD I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it may be on there but not enabled.....

fards

Inactive Recognized Developer
Yup they stated it doesn't. However one little minor thing to note - when the N95 came out Nokia never admitted that it had an accelerometer. I don't know if they said it never had one (they may have done) but then some cunning developers found that it did and eventually (several firmware updates later) Nokia enabled it.

Given this and that the hardware is almost identical to the Diamond/Touch HD I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it may be on there but not enabled.....

I was thinking the same thing, the Ameo had the gsensor onboard but nothing using it until we had some roms that included the gsensor dlls.

bloob

Oct 4, 2008
There are detailed dissection (disassembly and assembly) videos of the Xperia X1. Could someone who is familiar with g-sensor/accelerometer components view the videos and see if there are any telltale signs of one inside?