App or Widget to display phone battery level on gear?

Search This thread

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
Yes but most eat a lot of battery in the process of cycles checking and displaying the battery status, I use pie controls that can instantly display the battery status and time, when I pull up the menus from any screen im in.

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
Do you mean pie controls installed on the gear let you see the battery level on the phone?

Sorry, No. Disregard, I read your question incorrectly, dont know of an app. that can do that, since my Gear always depletes it's battery before my phone, never looked.

Last edited:

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I can appreciate the concern of battery consumption with such an app/widget but if it could be set to poll only when the gear screen is on OR better yet, when the button/widget was pressed, that would be ideal. Wish I was smart enough to make such a thing. :eek:

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I can appreciate the concern of battery consumption with such an app/widget but if it could be set to poll only when the gear screen is on OR better yet, when the button/widget was pressed, that would be ideal. Wish I was smart enough to make such a thing. :eek:

If you are using a custom launcher there are quite a few, you can use UCCW, Zooper or you could also find a battery widget on the playstore.

Otherwise tap your screen twice with two fingers and it will display your battery percentage if enabled in gear manager.

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
If you are using a custom launcher there are quite a few, you can use UCCW, Zooper or you could also find a battery widget on the playstore.

Otherwise tap your screen twice with two fingers and it will display your battery percentage if enabled in gear manager.

Thanks for the reply but I think there is some confusion as to what I'm after. I have UR Battery on the gear which gives me a widget already to display and see the battery level remaining on the gear itself. What I am after is a way to simply look at the gear to get a battery level reading somehow of the PHONE itself, not the gear. :)

PS: If I tap the screen twice, my screen turns off. I have this set up in apex and using "Screen Off" app I believe it's called. I'm thinking again though that you are referencing showing the Gear's battery level this way and not the phone's? :p

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
I use solo battery widget which displays a circular graphic with numerical % inside it. Works well

Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk

Cory_Hatton

Dec 15, 2014
Tasker to the rescue

This can be accomplished on the gear s2 using the task s2 companion app. Setup a task to send the current battery level as a notification. Enable tasker notifications for the gear s2 in gear manager.

sameerballewar

Oct 19, 2007
I was needing the same thing, so created an app called 'phone battery widget'.
open

Give it a try folks, do let me know if you have any feature suggestions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just double tap the screen with two fingers to quickly check battery level.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app