[MOD] Transition TW Effects for Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

Search This thread

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
I was bored a little bit and ported some nice transition effects to our galaxy note 10.1 2014.

Its tested on my sm-p605, but should work on sm-p600/601 too.

Download

How to flash the MOD

• Download the zips you want
  • Push the zips on your device
  • Better to make a Nandroid Backup before you flash
  • But not necessary, cause the stock tw animations are there too (flash it if something went wrong)
  • Boot into recovery
  • Look for the files where you placed it
  • Flash it with TWRP
  • Reboot, ready and enjoy
    thumbsup.gif

Here are some YT Videos

credits

czar22
me
and the others i forgot

Hit thanks if ou like it

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Thanks for this, I've been looking for transitions for this tab. I tried number 6 and it works fine on my p600 model (wifi only) :thumbup:

Sent from my Note 2014 using Tapatalk

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
Installed #6 on my P600 WiFi only with cleanrom and lost wifi.

Sweet transition but no wifi is a problem. Thanks anyways.

Sent from behind your couch while chillin with the Boogieman!

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
I dont think this came from the Mod. User 22sl22 installed the same like yours, has the same Note and no problems.

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
My mistake. I installed #5, not #6. Whatever the case, lost WiFi. No 2 butts about it, the on of switch was grey and it just said turning on. Cycling airplane mode or rebooting changed nothing. Restored a nandroid from twrp and all was good again.

What works for some may not work for others, anyone versed in android and flashing custom mods knows this. To say it probably wasn't the mod when that was all that was changed is idiotic.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
I tested all Mods on my device, never had a problem with it. But my device is a p605. Maybe one of the p600 owners could test #5 if it will work. But make a nandroid before.;)

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo
I tested all Mods on my device, never had a problem with it. But my device is a p605. Maybe one of the p600 owners could test #5 if it will work. But make a nandroid before.;)

Have tested 5 on my P601 before & was just fine, P600 & P601 are similar in all aspects except phone capability & 3G within P601.

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL

Just to be clear. Using cleanrom v2. Did a full wipe with format data. Fresh install of rom, then transition mod. Wifi turns on @ initial setup, but takes about 30 seconds. Once I enter password, I get a fail to connect error and wifi cycles off and back on. Without a doubt, #5 has an issue on the p600 wifi only model.

If I have to make a video and toss it on YouTube to get the point across, I will.

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
Hi @siralsmooth

Is it possible you try my test file? Its attached. Did you tried one of the other files or only #5?

If the test file works good, i reupload all files again.

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
Tested.

And unfortunately it still breaks wifi.

This is the result. Tablet has been on for about 5 min now.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391827409107.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391827409107.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 271

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
Try flashing Dutch danny's custom kernel. Fixed issues i had with dh inverted apps. Stock kernel wifi doesn't turn back on, they fixed it in cudt I m kernel

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
Not sure just what is in the zip as far as scripts for the mods, but I took the existing framework-res.apk, and extracted the xml files from the zip, and copied them back into the existing file. And voila, all works again. Something in the the zip breaks the wifi. Idunno what causes it, but not the transition mods themselves.

Perhaps it would be wise to download the cleanrom and extract the framework-res.apk and compare to your base. All is working now, just not through flashing the zip file.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Try flashing Dutch danny's custom kernel. Fixed issues i had with dh inverted apps. Stock kernel wifi doesn't turn back on, they fixed it in cudt I m kernel

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

I was holding off on the custom kernel until a few more bugs were worked out. It's my understanding that Dutch Danny now has a Note10.1 in his possession to work out the bugs firsthand. I previously had used his kernel, but was troubleshooting issues caused my mods I had installed via Xposed installer for samsung phones. Main issue I've had, both with stock kernel and Danny's, is the occasional freeze, followed by a reboot (kernel lockup), when I wake the tablet from streaming music.

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Just wanted to say that these do work on kitkat.

Tested number 6 on my P600, WiFi only. Running xkat rom 3.0 :good:

Sent from my Note 2014 using Tapatalk

Reactions: aburns7487

Top Liked Posts