[Q] help no recocery

Search This thread

cramos098

Jul 27, 2014
As title says. It happebed a few days ago. I flashed the sacs rom on my l720 and keeps crashing so i tried to install new rom but theres no recovery. It says a unauthorized rom is installsd. I tried to install stock rom using odin but it keeps failing. Im stuck with sacs rom now and can barely use my phone. Also i have tried twrp using odin and still nothin. Plz help

MortTheBeast

Jul 9, 2012
As title says. It happebed a few days ago. I flashed the sacs rom on my l720 and keeps crashing so i tried to install new rom but theres no recovery. It says a unauthorized rom is installsd. I tried to install stock rom using odin but it keeps failing. Im stuck with sacs rom now and can barely use my phone. Also i have tried twrp using odin and still nothin. Plz help

Have you tried Rom Installer from the Play Store? That's how I installed CWM 3 times now in the past week without any issues. It also has twrp. Give that a shot.

leaderbuilder

READ the OPs on the recoveries.
There should be NO issue in installing a recovery.
Odin is your best friend.

AND make sure you completely turn off your phone and NOT use a 'rebooter' app to enter download mode.

Surely if you take some time you'll get one installed.

cramos098

Jul 27, 2014
I know odin is my friend but for some reason it not working. If i go into recovery after using odin for twrp it says not a authorized rom by samsung. I tried so many way and aas working on my phone for over 5 hours yesterday and nothin

leaderbuilder

Are you running Odin (3.07 or 3.09) 'As administrator'?
You must on Vista, Win7 or Win8.
Are you placing the recovery .tar in the PDA slot? and unchecking F.Reset as suggested in many recovery install posts?

If the TWRP recovery you are attempting to somehow install is not working why not try another recovery like Philz CWM

You MUST shut off your phone completely. Go into Download mode then connect to you PC that has Odin running (as admin). Start the flash (uncheck the F.Reset), let it finish then power off your phone by holding the power button.
Somewhere somehow you are not doing something correctly. Do some more reading if necessary I have NEVER had installing recoveries fail using Odin (though sometimes I have had to do it a couple times - missing that 'don't reset' caceat in some of the discussions; should have read through all first.)