vilord's old tattoo sense 320x240

Search This thread

mfpreach

Nov 17, 2007
Also it will not connect to my computer which is running Windows XP.

You don't really need to connect it to your computer. Just flash by renaming the nbh file to 'VOGUIMG.NBH' and flash the kernel by holding camera and power at the same time and rebooting. That is the easiest method ever.

Make sure u are using a non SDHC card though to do it.

kiwilime

Nov 3, 2009
Is it just me, or does this build only have the tattoo lock screen? The rest of the UI is normal android for me.

nabicat

Mar 6, 2008
Did you pick SenseUI on the first boot? Its probably defaulting to the standard home. You can change this in the Settings>>Applications menu, by clearing the defaults on the Home application and click on the "force stop" button. It then asks you to choose the UI again, when you go back to the home screen.

Last edited:

kiwilime

Nov 3, 2009
Could the calibration issue be related to panel type? Mine is type 1 and does not work.

It doesnt actually matter where you touch on the calibration screen, because the "calibration" doesn't actually calibrate. I believe the screen is already calibrated for you, so even if your touches are way off when you "calibrate", your actual screen calibration will still be okay.

codf4ther

Sep 12, 2009
It doesnt actually matter where you touch on the calibration screen, because the "calibration" doesn't actually calibrate. I believe the screen is already calibrated for you, so even if your touches are way off when you "calibrate", your actual screen calibration will still be okay.

Guys, the calibration screen is frozen. You can click where you want as many times as you want and it won;t move past it. Its obviously working for some people and not others, so I'm just trying to brainstorm as to why that might be. I know on most tattoo builds the calibration screen does nothing, you click twice and move on, but on this build it won't progress past the calibration screen for several of us.

intimidatorx31

Jun 8, 2007
Glendale
Just tap the screen lik 6-8 times and itll get past the calibration screen.

You just want to get past this screen to run the initial setup.

By the way is it just me or is anyone having problems with Nand in general?
Ive flashed with Jamezelle's Hero + Tattoo Roms

I just flashed to this tattoo rom and it runs fine for lik 3 minutes. Then it locks up

Everytime i flash with nand my phone ends up locking up

Update
After 4 lockups (i had to restart it manually 4 times)
Its been running fine all day so far. I still cant download things from the market even tho i did the fix permissions thing and update.

Last edited:

kiwilime

Nov 3, 2009
That actually happened to me too. My fix was that instead of just tapping the circles, I held my finger down on it for a few seconds. That did the trick.

flaviusio

Apr 11, 2008
Just tap the screen lik 6-8 times and itll get past the calibration screen.

You just want to get past this screen to run the initial setup.

By the way is it just me or is anyone having problems with Nand in general?
Ive flashed with Jamezelle's Hero + Tattoo Roms

I just flashed to this tattoo rom and it runs fine for lik 3 minutes. Then it locks up

Everytime i flash with nand my phone ends up locking up

Update
After 4 lockups (i had to restart it manually 4 times)
Its been running fine all day so far. I still cant download things from the market even tho i did the fix permissions thing and update.

I had to tap and hold for 1-2 seconds on the dot(cros)

flaviusio

Apr 11, 2008
Hi

On my polaris I cannot import contacts from SIM with tatoo and hero builds.This happens on other devices too?
Thanks!

Huefu

Dec 10, 2007
Your build on my kaiser

Hi,

this is a very nice build,thanks you very much !

i've install your build on 2 ext2 partitions and i've find two problems.

first, i can't start wifi

second, i try to rotate screen when i open the keyboard, everything freeze and i need to do a softreset.

that's all for the moment

thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated with kallt_kaffe's full update! (btips/bluetooth still disabled)

Okay here's an androidinstall.tar and androidupdate.tar for nand and also works for non-nand

androidinstall.tar uses advanced launcher and doesn't have rosie or any of that.
    if you use the update option in the menus with androidupdate.tar, it'll install rosie and all the widgets etc.

instructions:
    use the 240x320 nbh file from martin's site
    add the included androidinstall.tar and optionally androidupdate.tar to your /sdcard/andboot folder
    boot up holding down the dpad center (or press and hold the middle of the touchscreen) to get the menu
    pick where you want stuff
    install
    (optionally)update to install the sense widgets from androidupdate.tar
    if you use the update option, please use fix permissions.

the zip file is here

And if you feel so inclined... beer donations will still be accepted, though not encouraged.