[SOLVED] Can't root! "E: signature verification failed"

Search This thread

PeruSD

Jan 22, 2011
My Vibrant used to be rooted. I just updated Tmobile Froyo KA6. I try rooting using Z4root, but it won't do anything. I manually try and getting:

"E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted"

I read this could be the problem on the forum, but I don't know how to fix it:

"Android system recovery <3e>
Samsung Recovery Utils
-for BML-"

ps.don't know if this information of the phone help:
Froyo 2.2
T959UVKA6
Kernel 2.6.32.9

Can't anyone help this rockie?
Thanks

Last edited:

gotchaman75

Oct 12, 2010
I tired both...neither works. I read something that Froyo's (legitimately.Froyo) folder structure or.something.of that nature has.changed. Not sure though...I'm a bit of a nub in the realm of.development. Can anyone confirm rooting by any.of.the normal conventional methods (z4, 1click, etc.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

MaxZach

Sep 4, 2010
Super On Click Root worked for me but I get the same message while trying to install a new ROM.

Pac-Mano

Feb 20, 2011
I got the "E:signature verification failed" message on my Motorola Defy (Android 2.1 Eclair with Motoblur) while rooting in recovery mode. It was using the SuperOneClick method connecting the phone to a Mac. Actually, that version of the software says once installed in your Mac that is for Samsung Galaxy S, but root all models. I followed the instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=739304

I have to say that I tried z4root and was useless; so now I see little alternatives...

USB debugging, SD mount and everything is in the way it should... Anyone can help me please?

Edit: I saw in the mentioned thread that many are having similar problems. Someone said that manually copying the update.zip file in the SD card and then doing the whole thing in recovery mode worked. I wasn't that lucky. Now, at the bottom of the phone screen I get the following lines in yellow:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

So I am stuck here.

Last edited:

Cito11

Jan 26, 2011
Same thing happened to me when I did the kies update for 2.2 ka6 and hated froyo stock. I tried to root and couldn't. Long story short, I Odin'ed back to 2.1 and used one click root which worked perfectly. Running Bionix V now no problems :).

Last edited:

McQueefus

Jul 27, 2010
I would try to use odin to go back to 2.1 and use super one click root from the unlockr.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

axesd

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
www.facebook.com
I am now having this issue as well. Do I really need to odin it back to 2.1?

I am trying to put Simply Galaxy/Sweet Honey 2.7.1 on my STOCK 2.2 .

Answer is appreciated .

Noob

kisfit2000

Nov 16, 2010
Guys,

I have resolved this many many times... Just follow these steps -

Pre-requisite - Enable USB debugging on your phone and connect it to your pc.

1. Root your phone using SuperOneClickv1.6.5-ShortFuse. You can get it at 'http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682'

2. Go to this thread and download the two files 'http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833423' - '3e_recovery_installer.zip' and 'update.zip (1.34 mb)'

2. Run install.bat from 3e_recovery_installer folder to rectify the the recovery signature checking.

3. Keep the just downloaded update.zip (1.34 mb) in your internal sdcard and boot under recovery. Select reinstall package option. Update.zip will get installed and phone will reboot.

Its not done yet.

4. Now get the actual clockwork mod recovery update.zip (1.72 mb). You can get this using ROM manager. Now put this update.zip (1.72 mb) in your internal sdcard and boot under recovery. Select reinstall package option. Update.zip will get installed and phone will reboot and will be back in samsung recovery mode. Select reinstall package again and bang... You should now be at cwm recovery :)

Did this help?

kisfit2000

Nov 16, 2010
I am now having this issue as well. Do I really need to odin it back to 2.1?

I am trying to put Simply Galaxy/Sweet Honey 2.7.1 on my STOCK 2.2 .

Answer is appreciated .

Noob

Before installing a custom ROM, it is not mandatory to go back to stock 2.1. Generally it is just recommended when you are going from one custom ROM to another custom ROM and by going back to stock you avoid taking ghosts (issues) of one custom ROM to another.

So if you follow my instructions to resolve your cwm recovery for Stock 2.2, you should be good to go to Simply Galaxy/Sweet Honey 2.7.1 without going back to Stock 2.1.

Hope this helps...

doin-it

Feb 5, 2011
Its a normal occurrence after upgrading through Kies to 2.2. The 3e recovery always used to work for me regarding the signature verification error. Accept the last time I tried it about a week ago it coukdnt get it to work for whatever reason.

So what I did was use odin & revert back to 2.1. Then root using one click root. Then just flash a 2.2 rom in clock work, Bionix for example. Then you will on 2.2. You will have no problem with the signature verification this way. Gluk

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: Shiva_Shaan_5

Jo3f1sh

Aug 16, 2010
Dallas, TX
Guys,

1. Root your phone using SuperOneClickv1.6.5-ShortFuse. You can get it at 'http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682'

2. Go to this thread and download the two files 'http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833423' - '3e_recovery_installer.zip' and 'update.zip (1.34 mb)'

2. Run install.bat from 3e_recovery_installer folder to rectify the the recovery signature checking.

3. Keep the just downloaded update.zip (1.34 mb) in your internal sdcard and boot under recovery. Select reinstall package option. Update.zip will get installed and phone will reboot.

Its not done yet.

4. Now get the actual clockwork mod recovery update.zip (1.72 mb). You can get this using ROM manager. Now put this update.zip (1.72 mb) in your internal sdcard and boot under recovery. Select reinstall package option. Update.zip will get installed and phone will reboot and will be back in samsung recovery mode. Select reinstall package again and bang... You should now be at cwm recovery :)

Did this help?

This is exactly what I did to get my Clockwork Recovery to work. :cool:

Reactions: Shiva_Shaan_5

d3adz0mbiefl3sh

Nov 16, 2010
dissable signature verification

DISABLE E: SIGNATURE VERIFICATION ON SAMSUNG VIBRANT

Here goes steps to install this modified 3e Recovery:
PREREQUISITE

Working USB connection between your Vibrant and computer. You may setup ADB or install Kies on your computer.
INSTRUCTIONS

Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. We are not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.

1. Download Modified Recovery 3e for Vibrant on to your computer and extract it’s content.

2. Put your Samsung Vibrant into “USB Debugging Mode”. To do it, go to “Applications”—> “Settings” –> “Applications” –> “Development” –> and check the box “USB debugging”.

3. Connect the Vibrant to computer via USB cable.

4. Run the “install.bat” file located in the extracted content.

5. Wait till the process completes.

That’s it. Your Vibrant should now have modified 3e Recovery that disables signature verification. You may now root the Samsung Vibrant or install ClockworkMod Recovery on it.

now try rooting with one click or manual

Attachments

• 3e_recovery_installer.zip
    493.8 KB · Views: 2,118
Reactions: hungsonbmt

fear676

Mar 15, 2011
Arlington, TX
What I did is, I odin back to 2.1
Then I used an app called Z4root to root the phone. Once there download CWM from tom manager and enjoy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,

Its not done yet.

Did this help?
    Super one click worked for me
    Its a normal occurrence after upgrading through Kies to 2.2. The 3e recovery always used to work for me regarding the signature verification error. Accept the last time I tried it about a week ago it coukdnt get it to work for whatever reason.

So what I did was use odin & revert back to 2.1. Then root using one click root. Then just flash a 2.2 rom in clock work, Bionix for example. Then you will on 2.2. You will have no problem with the signature verification this way. Gluk

Guys,

Its not done yet.

Did this help?

This is exactly what I did to get my Clockwork Recovery to work. :cool:
    dissable signature verification

DISABLE E: SIGNATURE VERIFICATION ON SAMSUNG VIBRANT

Here goes steps to install this modified 3e Recovery:
    PREREQUISITE

Working USB connection between your Vibrant and computer. You may setup ADB or install Kies on your computer.
    INSTRUCTIONS

Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. We are not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.

1. Download Modified Recovery 3e for Vibrant on to your computer and extract it’s content.

2. Put your Samsung Vibrant into “USB Debugging Mode”. To do it, go to “Applications”—> “Settings” –> “Applications” –> “Development” –> and check the box “USB debugging”.

3. Connect the Vibrant to computer via USB cable.

4. Run the “install.bat” file located in the extracted content.

5. Wait till the process completes.

That’s it. Your Vibrant should now have modified 3e Recovery that disables signature verification. You may now root the Samsung Vibrant or install ClockworkMod Recovery on it.

now try rooting with one click or manual