What ICS-Rom is good for daily use

Search This thread

coroner21

Sep 20, 2011
I second the slim recommendations. Tried ICSSGS first and then Slim. Just felt a lot snappier and lighter. Also tried latest CM9 nighties but I liked Slim better. It definitely is ready for daily use too

BladeZero

Apr 10, 2012
Joberg
Dark knight 5. It is the best just been realised it pure Ics with the best features of gb like toggles

If you like my posts please hit thanks
Rom: Dark Knight 4
Kernel: Devil Kernel
KEEP IT ANDROID!!!!!!!

degids

Mar 8, 2011
Nieuwegein
At first i ran ICSSGS pure Google (AOSP) Rom for a long time and it was quite good. But then i wanted some cool stuff, like lockscreen extras.

Then i tried INFINITUM-v2.2--lSmallerlSimplerlStable (AOKP) Rom with the INFINITUM Blue Theme and i was amazed on how much better this rom was! Loads of settings and customizations and my SGS has never run this smooth!

SGSdabbler

Apr 22, 2012
Durban
I used ICSSGS (ICS 4.0.3) for a while with barely any problems at all, but now run nightly build CM9 and also very happy.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

anil76

Feb 18, 2012
Delhi
I have tried, "Elite 10.1" and "Android Open Kang Project - galaxysmtd - Build 32". They are arguably the best AOSP and AOKP roms available.
Elite 10.1 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575683
Android Open Kang Project - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1524108

Did you face any issue with the availability of apps in playStore with these roms ? I tried CM9 & slim ics but appstore did not show me iMobile (icici bank india mobile app). When I re installed from my backup, it did not work. I also faced low memory error with CM9 and slim ics.

dontstalkme

Apr 22, 2012
Codename Android is not bad (that's the rom that i am currently using), cuz i prefer the original ICS launcher over the other ones. Other roms arent bad, but it kinda lacks the original taste of ICS which i liked the most.

BladeZero

Apr 10, 2012
Joberg
Stupid question...

What's an ICS ROM?? :confused:

ICS is a short word for Ice Cream Sandwich which is Google's latest android version 4.0 rom is like a reconstruction of android os. It has added customized features and is built for a specific phone.

If you like my posts hit thanks
Rom: Dark knight 4
Kernel: Devil Kernel
Keep it ANDROID!!!!!!!!

Lars_1808

Feb 1, 2012
I'm running Elite V10.1.... Very good, fast, smooth and for daily use the best one I've tried.
Dark Knight is also ok, but not the latest versions, Dark Knight V3 is the best of all Dark Knights.

But I recommend Elite!

Stoux2

Jan 3, 2011
Using Tiramisu+,

Great rom with awesome customizations! AROMA Installer is so sexy :D!

EMnEL

Apr 12, 2012
Mumbai
Did you face any issue with the availability of apps in playStore with these roms ? I tried CM9 & slim ics but appstore did not show me iMobile (icici bank india mobile app). When I re installed from my backup, it did not work. I also faced low memory error with CM9 and slim ics.
I haven't tried the iMobile on my phone, but the other applications from playstore work absolutely fine. Have not faced low memory error either.

sammyservices

Mar 17, 2012
Hi ! Using INFINITUM ROM. I am very picky and so far have tried almost all the roms but so far this rom has been spectacular !

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cm9 nightly

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5