Karbonn Mobile A5 & A7 (Android 2.3.6)

A5 or A7

• Total voters
Search This thread

MK Karbonn A5

Jul 26, 2012
Karbonn A5

Can Karbonn A5 be rooted with the update zip file? My A5 just freezes at the red recovery screen. Or is it just applicable for the A7, and we need to use the flash method for the A5? Really impressed with your work, though.

prasad12ka4

Can Karbonn A5 be rooted with the update zip file? My A5 just freezes at the red recovery screen. Or is it just applicable for the A7, and we need to use the flash method for the A5? Really impressed with your work, though.

well there is a bit different method for A5, which i havn't posted as i havn't got its adb driver files
if you have the same plz post here, i can post how to update custom recovery , and a few custom roms for A5

Sent from my Dell Venue using xda premium

deveo

Jun 21, 2012
Thank you

I was able to root my A7 using CWM English. As I lost my recovery in a previous attempt to root my mobile. But should I use the updated ROM in 2nd page to once again update my phone? And the procedure will remain same? put into SDcard and use recovery mode on the phone to update ROM?
Most imp question when can I expect ICS or Jelly Bean?
Thanks once again.

Last edited:

prasad12ka4

I was able to root my A7 using CWM English. As I lost my recovery in a previous attempt to root my mobile. But should I use the modified ROM in 3rd page to once again update my phone? And the procedure will remain same? put into SDcard and use recovery mode on the phone to update ROM?
Most imp question when can I expect ICS or Jelly Bean?
Thanks once again.
See the ROM in the 3rd page isnt tested by me.
If you want you can try updating it.
Procedure is the same.
For safer side just backup your current ROM, or you must be having it so no worries.

ICS will be available shortly but dont expect it very soon. But JB is a NO NO.

Reactions: ahmed.zunaid

deveo

Jun 21, 2012
See the ROM in the 3rd page isnt tested by me.
If you want you can try updating it.
Procedure is the same.
For safer side just backup your current ROM, or you must be having it so no worries.

ICS will be available shortly but dont expect it very soon. But JB is a NO NO.

I tried to update this ROM but was given an error and the installation was aborted.

prasad12ka4

A5 Recovery Installation and ROM Update

1. Install Driver
Drivers

Plug the USB cable connected to the computer, the computer will notice a new hardware device called TianyuHSUSB, click Next and select "Install from a list or specitific location", then click Next.
image.jpg

Unzip the downloaded file Driver.zip above, click on "Browse", find the extracted driver
image.jpg

Repeat the above steps until the popup window does not appear anymore.

We continue to install drivers for your ADB, adb_driver select the folder, click "OK" button, click "Next" to start installing the drivers of ADB.
If the driver does not show up the settings window ADB, we can install manually in Device Manager.

2.Install Recovery
ClockworkMod Recovery Download English version here:
CWM English

Start the mobile, press and hold Volume Up key and power button until the screen appears green, then take your hands off, plug the USB cable into the computer.

Unzip the file W619-CWM-English.zip into a certain directory.

After you unzip it, open recovery.bat, a command line window will appear, in each window, press any key to reboot,it is installed ClockworkMod Recovery v.5.0. 2.8

Press any key:

If you press any key, but the window just hangs forever waiting for device i.e. you have not installed the correct driver for the ADB, disconnect the USB cable and reinstall.

After this step will reboot the machine we have it for your Recovery.

To get into Recovery
Start the mobile again, press and hold Volume Up key and power button until the screen appears green, held next to the red screen, then quickly put out.
DSC00119.JPG

Last edited:

prasad12ka4

Followers

Thanks a thousand times for providing the drivers for Karbonn A7.

gadkari said:
hi,prasad,i purchased karbonn A7 on 4 th july & was waiting for root & recovery.by searching a lot i got this thread,first i flashed cwm- english,then i flashed mobistar rooted rom.now my mobile works just superb!
i made sd partition,downloaded Link2sd app.& created link to sdcard.Now i get 130 mb phone memory free after installing 32 applications.Also i downloaded super manager( gpc) & optimized ram to 260/320 mb free.Wiped battery status,now i get approx.10hrs. battery life.Yet no bugs found.i really appriciate u for providing rooting method. No need to buy a costly handset. Please guide me if u have more stuff.i am also using search button as power/ lock- unlock my handset using button re- mapper,therefor no load on power button.At the cost of just 7000/- i am a happy person.THANKS A LOT.:victory:

I need to know if there are more followers for these handhelds, so I can work on finding a custom ROM for this handset.
So I request all to POST IN THREAD , rather than PM me.

prasad12ka4

Backup Orignal ROM of A7

Step 1:
Turn off the phone (keep the battery capacity more than 50%) press and hold up the volume + key sources. Screen appears hold green until the red color appears then let go.

1343457102522156_574_574.jpg

Step 2:
You use the volume keys move up and down, and use the power key to select Backup and Restore -> Choose to Backup.

1343458874998622_574_574.jpg

Backup folder will be saved in the default path: SDcard \ clockworkmod \ backup
If you do need to restore the original rom just unzip your file to the root of SDcard

Top Liked Posts