[Windows/Linux][Source]Optimus G All in One Root/Unlock

Search This thread

TheShadow1

Dec 26, 2010
Hello everyone.

I have created an AIO tool for the Sprint LG Optimus G. (G AIO, or GAIO).

I am trying to spur up more people to get interested in rooting and unlocking their devices to get more action around here. I have coded this AIO tool quickly to help those who can not find root/unlock information, are too lazy to do it, or don't know how to use it.

The AIO tool supports both Linux and Windows (Not sure about Mac OS X, please don't test on Mac because I won't know the outcome).

The tool supports both unlocking the bootloader and rooting the device via Linux AND Windows. The AIO tool is programmed in Java to allow that to happen.

Before I continue, I would like to point out I did not make the unlock/root methods.

Credits for the Root method:
Bin4y
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Credits for the Unlock method:
thecubed
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2002984

Here is a screenshot of the program under Windows:

iXGVK.png

I have released the source to Github for all to see and use:

https://github.com/The-Shadow/lg_optimus_g_aio/

Current Version: 1.50

Download:
gaio.dark-hosting.net

Changelog:
Code:
1.50:

Fixed root detection bug
Automate root scripts. You no longer have to press '1' to activate the scripts
Add confirmation dialog for rooting, unlocking, installing recovery etc.
Fixed bug where adb server was not killed on application close
Fixed deleting temporary files on exit
Added software version check to check if device is supported. ZV9 added to unsupported list at the time
Updated Bin4y root scripts to v18
Modified those root scripts to work automatically
Added JSON library. Example of use, http://gaio.dark-hosting.net/gaio/recovery.json Allows for dynamic elements in program
Added recovery installer! Needs internet connection. Currently supports TWRP and clockwork
Added element to check if device bootloader is unlocked
Add boot restore function! Restore your boot.img if you flashed a bad kernel. Requires internetc connection
Added automatic LG Driver installer. Requires internet connection
LG Installer will check if Windows driver is installed, if not, gracefully ask the user to install it.
Added an update function. This only checks for an update if you are connected to the internet
The update is checked on start, once, in the background and only annoys you if you are out of date
Update Swing GUI threading the correct way, since Swing is not thread safe
Fixed many graphical errors
Fixed some exceptions
Fixed many other random bugs and cleaned up some code

1.00:

Initial Release

Future Additions:
Remove Root
Remove Unlock
Implement Reboot menu (recovery, bootloader etc.)

I hope this is useful for some people, my intention was to centralize and ease the rooting and unlocking process. I am sorry if the program doesn't work for your specific computer. I am also sorry if my code is a little unorganized, as this was made rather quickly.

Last edited:

neno2323

Dec 28, 2010
Thanks bro i haven't rooted yet still waiting on this update ( jellybean ) too come ... fingers crossed

But when i do i will def use this. THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND TIME BRO.

megamaster2

Nov 17, 2012
I'm rooting after finals but if this works with windows 8 and only takes one click, I may just root this week!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

TheShadow1

Dec 26, 2010
Should work with Windows 8. No reason it shouldn't. Let me know how it goes and thanks for your interest.

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
This is awesome! It'll definitely generate more interest here.
I've been rooted and unlocked as soon as available. And loving it. This phone will come into its own soon. Thank you. :D

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

r4dik4l

Dec 12, 2009
This is great. Hope you can add a rom into it when roms start coming :). I am still not at my upgrade time, but soon

bizzshow26

Mar 4, 2010
Going to give this a try in a few minutes I have been to lazy and with school and a family I do think have a lot of free time. With any other device I'm usually rooted within the first day of owning it just didn't have a huge need this phone is dang good stock

TheShadow1

Dec 26, 2010
It is not a zip file. It is a .jar file. You need Java installed to run it. If you are on windows you should be able to open it by double clicking.

Reactions: Kchitown1977

bizzshow26

Mar 4, 2010
I downloaded the zip then spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out why it wouldn't run last night. Went back to the download page and saw I had the wrong thing. I after downloading it 20 minutes later I had a rooted and unlocked LG Optimus g.

latindor17

Dec 21, 2010
Good job. I am already rooted and unlocked but this will make things so much easier for those who aren't.

BigRitz

Apr 30, 2011
Carson Cty , NV
Already rooted but thanks for this and the attempt at motivation, I love this phone and know others do and will too once they play w it and understand that there's no way it's an LG lol

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone.

I have created an AIO tool for the Sprint LG Optimus G. (G AIO, or GAIO).

I am trying to spur up more people to get interested in rooting and unlocking their devices to get more action around here. I have coded this AIO tool quickly to help those who can not find root/unlock information, are too lazy to do it, or don't know how to use it.

The AIO tool supports both Linux and Windows (Not sure about Mac OS X, please don't test on Mac because I won't know the outcome).

The tool supports both unlocking the bootloader and rooting the device via Linux AND Windows. The AIO tool is programmed in Java to allow that to happen.

Before I continue, I would like to point out I did not make the unlock/root methods.

Credits for the Root method:
    Bin4y
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Credits for the Unlock method:
    thecubed
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2002984

Here is a screenshot of the program under Windows:

iXGVK.png

I have released the source to Github for all to see and use:

https://github.com/The-Shadow/lg_optimus_g_aio/

Current Version: 1.50

Download:
    gaio.dark-hosting.net

Changelog:
    Code:
    1.50:

Fixed root detection bug
    Added software version check to check if device is supported. ZV9 added to unsupported list at the time
    Added JSON library. Example of use, http://gaio.dark-hosting.net/gaio/recovery.json Allows for dynamic elements in program
    Added recovery installer! Needs internet connection. Currently supports TWRP and clockwork
    Add boot restore function! Restore your boot.img if you flashed a bad kernel. Requires internetc connection
    LG Installer will check if Windows driver is installed, if not, gracefully ask the user to install it.
    Added an update function. This only checks for an update if you are connected to the internet
    The update is checked on start, once, in the background and only annoys you if you are out of date
    Fixed some exceptions

1.00:

Initial Release

Future Additions:
    Remove Root
    Remove Unlock
    Implement Reboot menu (recovery, bootloader etc.)

I hope this is useful for some people, my intention was to centralize and ease the rooting and unlocking process. I am sorry if the program doesn't work for your specific computer. I am also sorry if my code is a little unorganized, as this was made rather quickly.
    Happy new year everyone!

I know it took a while, but I finally finished the new version, with pretty much all the bugs fixed (I hope).
    The links were down for a little because I was redoing my servers. Sorry about that.
    Enjoy, and have a happy new year!

The program is now at version 1.50

You can always download it at http://gaio.dark-hosting.net
    As always, the newest source is published here, https://github.com/The-Shadow/lg_optimus_g_aio

Here is a changelog of whats new:
    Code:
    1.50:

Fixed root detection bug
    Fixed some exceptions

Upcoming features:
    Remove root
    Lock bootloader from unlocked state
    Yes. I am having surgery on my arm today, so I will be out programming for a short while. Sorry for the delay, but ill be back sometime next week.

is it just me or is the link to the download borked and the website no longer available?

HERE
    I'm pushing out a new version Friday to fix any issues. I was going to do this regardless so just wait until then you're bug will probably be fixed. If not I will help you out