Low on Internal Storage disk space? A quick solution!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5768396
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5768396

You've probably encountered this problem more than once, and just wanted for that damn warning never to appear again! Here's how!

1. Navigate to /data/ using Root Browser, or a similar browser
2. Delete the folder called "log"
3. Enjoy your larger storage space!

If you want more space, or this just didn't help you, you can go to see what applications take the most of your *data* space by going to the Settings menu. When you have found the applications which data take the most of your storage space, just go to /data/data/ and search for the application. Then, delete the "log" folder or just some files that are useless in your opinion. If this helped you, remember to click the "Thanks" button!

Sent from my GT-S5690v2 using xda app-developers app

Last edited by a moderator:

Left4DeadMW

Oct 31, 2011
Skopje
Useless.
Why would I do cleaning manually when there are dozens of apps on GPlay for this and half of them have 'scheduled" cleaning?

Sent from my ZTE Blade III Pro using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 5768396

Useless?

Well, because none of them actually clear the logs OR the data, they only clear the cache, which is mostly the smallest portion of an app.

Reactions: Left4DeadMW

Left4DeadMW

Oct 31, 2011
Skopje
Agreed. Perhaps I overreacted.
Mhmm...wonder why none other haven't though of adding that to those "cleaning" apps :p
Are the .log files always named the same per app? Perhaps a script can automate this.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5768396

For apps to clean the folder that i specified to clean logs, they would need root access. If you're smart enough to root your phone, you're probably smart enough to clean your logs yourself :D
Theres no specific name for the logs, they just exist in a folder named "log" that can be safely deleted. The name is usually the date that they were created, for example 5-25-2014 12:34

Sent from my GT-S5690v2

Left4DeadMW

Oct 31, 2011
Skopje
I'm using SD Maid for clean my phone
=)
Why must manually navigate to data/log ?
If SD Maid can do it for you
XD

Well the question is: does your "maid" cleans that xD

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

For apps to clean the folder that i specified to clean logs, they would need root access. If you're smart enough to root your phone, you're probably smart enough to clean your logs yourself :D
Theres no specific name for the logs, they just exist in a folder named "log" that can be safely deleted. The name is usually the date that they were created, for example 5-25-2014 12:34

Sent from my GT-S5690v2
So ScriptManager(automating) and a script and you got yourself a maid :p am lazy to do it manually every time.
I'll check in the morning what those market apps really clean.

D

Deleted member 5768396

Actually, there is a script that can automate it.
su
cd /data/log/
rm ./
rmdir /data/log/

Sent from my xcover

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5768396
    You've probably encountered this problem more than once, and just wanted for that damn warning never to appear again! Here's how!

1. Navigate to /data/ using Root Browser, or a similar browser
    2. Delete the folder called "log"
    3. Enjoy your larger storage space!

If you want more space, or this just didn't help you, you can go to see what applications take the most of your *data* space by going to the Settings menu. When you have found the applications which data take the most of your storage space, just go to /data/data/ and search for the application. Then, delete the "log" folder or just some files that are useless in your opinion. If this helped you, remember to click the "Thanks" button!

Sent from my GT-S5690v2 using xda app-developers app
    D
    Deleted member 5768396
    Useless?

Well, because none of them actually clear the logs OR the data, they only clear the cache, which is mostly the smallest portion of an app.