Q How to change wifi mac address

Search This thread

eksen

Mar 24, 2010
Ankara
I'm using windows phone 8.1 lumia 1320 models. Wifi How do I need to change the mac address

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
To the best of my knowledge, you don't. That's not a thing you're even *supposed* to be able to do; there's basically no legit use for it except for certain types of security testing, and if that was your goal you bought entirely the wrong phone for the purpose. It might be possible - I've never tried - on an interop-unlocked phone, but unless Nokia is including very odd features in their OEM applications you're out of luck.

You could try running your requests through a PC (use a proxy server or set up the PC as a WiFi hotspot) and use the various driver tricks to change the MAC address on the PC, I guess?

Reactions: eksen

lukas_ita

Sep 8, 2009
You can't...it is saved into the rom of your wireless card of your phone. It is impossible with every device in the world

eksen

Mar 24, 2010
Ankara
No, I could not tell you exactly. I want to change the mac address so fake. Previously I was using android and "wifi mac address changer" There was an application named. I currently do not have such an application in Windows phones.

Well, it works for me. What I needed was a Interop-Unlocked device (Lumia 520 for me), and an app named CustomPFD. Then, I went to this key path (0004 in my case), added a key (bc its not there), and added a String value.

Key Path:
Code:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0004

Key Name:
NetworkAddress

Key Value:
AABBCCDDEEFF
(Output in about phone after reboot:
AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF)

Easy as pie, well not really.
You have to find the correct registry subkey containing your Lumia phone's Qualcomm Wireless Adapter (anything related to it, I guess).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To the best of my knowledge, you don't. That's not a thing you're even *supposed* to be able to do; there's basically no legit use for it except for certain types of security testing, and if that was your goal you bought entirely the wrong phone for the purpose. It might be possible - I've never tried - on an interop-unlocked phone, but unless Nokia is including very odd features in their OEM applications you're out of luck.

You could try running your requests through a PC (use a proxy server or set up the PC as a WiFi hotspot) and use the various driver tricks to change the MAC address on the PC, I guess?