Official gb is not out yet

Search This thread

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
EDIT: After doing a thourgh examination of the pkg it may contain a serious bug that could potentially cause a super-brick. Until I can confirm that it's safe to use DO NOT install it.

As with all updates not on the official server they're not released because they're not fully tested. This is NOT the first time a pkg was released that had serious bugs, do not install.

Last edited:
Reactions: marvin02

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
Do you know what frequencies are used in that model? I know that Dell sells an unlocked models for AT&T and T-Mobile. Does the Olleh model match one of those or are the frequencies different? Does it matter?

I should get my Venue (AT&T version) on Monday. It will be interesting to see what ROM is on it.

streak4m3

Nov 14, 2010
Awesome! Thanks The Manii!

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Do you know what frequencies are used in that model? I know that Dell sells an unlocked models for AT&T and T-Mobile. Does the Olleh model match one of those or are the frequencies different? Does it matter?

I should get my Venue (AT&T version) on Monday. It will be interesting to see what ROM is on it.

If you bought unlocked AT&T version then probably 325, if locked AT&T then 321.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Can I use it on my device?
My build no was 13040.
If this is not build version then how to find my build version.
Indian version, network independent I mean i can use any sim.

Sent from my Dell Venue using XDA App

After you flash the right recovery it will work with your SIM - but you will have to switch from Korean to English, and most likely there are no other languages besides those two (I installed Olleh GB ROM on my Dell Streak yesterday and can attest to that). But certain things may not work like USSD codes (if you need to check your data, minute balance with your provider via SMS type service) and so on. I would suggest waiting to see if Dell would have an unlocked retail version out that will support all languages and will not be carrier specific.

Reactions: Dell Venue

Crazy Axe

Nov 4, 2011
Hi guys, need your help. I have a Dell Venue Olleh 2.2.2 Android. I turn wi-fi status bar freezes, hangs up the phone, too. restarts itself. Lost network. Turn off the wi-wi, reboot the phone and everything is normal. Reset all did. It did not help. I apologize for my bad English, I write a transleyt.
When the wi-fi It is on, sometimes (if you pull down the status bar often) Flies system error and he reloaded. If the status bar does not touch, you can enter the market to upload something. Still slower than usual by 50%

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: After doing a thourgh examination of the pkg it may contain a serious bug that could potentially cause a super-brick. Until I can confirm that it's safe to use DO NOT install it.

As with all updates not on the official server they're not released because they're not fully tested. This is NOT the first time a pkg was released that had serious bugs, do not install.
    It shouldnt matter, nor do I know what submodel is sold in korea anyway
    Awesome! Thanks The Manii!

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

If you bought unlocked AT&T version then probably 325, if locked AT&T then 321.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Can I use it on my device?
    My build no was 13040.
    If this is not build version then how to find my build version.
    Indian version, network independent I mean i can use any sim.

Sent from my Dell Venue using XDA App

After you flash the right recovery it will work with your SIM - but you will have to switch from Korean to English, and most likely there are no other languages besides those two (I installed Olleh GB ROM on my Dell Streak yesterday and can attest to that). But certain things may not work like USSD codes (if you need to check your data, minute balance with your provider via SMS type service) and so on. I would suggest waiting to see if Dell would have an unlocked retail version out that will support all languages and will not be carrier specific.
    Getting anxious in anticipation of the GB ROM. Hope Dell can release it soon.