CM 7.2 RC1 officially

Search This thread

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
For some reason the portable hot spot just isn't stable. I get disconnected constantly and it wont keep an active connection to my ps3 or my computer. The wireless tether app is supposed to create a tether that is similar to USB tethering except it is wireless so it is much more stable and faster.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

elicik

Sep 25, 2011
For some reason the portable hot spot just isn't stable. I get disconnected constantly and it wont keep an active connection to my ps3 or my computer. The wireless tether app is supposed to create a tether that is similar to USB tethering except it is wireless so it is much more stable and faster.

What app? Just use the built-in wifi tethering. It works for me

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Seriously.... You must not be reading what I'm posting. Google wireless tether v2.0.7. Its a better tethering app. The hot spot doesnt work well for ME. It disconnects constantly when I use it.

Reactions: RegnierD

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Does it work with cm7.2 ? I couldn't get WiFi tethering app made by opengarden to work either. It gives a WiFi module failed to activate error just like wireless tether v2.0.7.
Update: I pulled the two files that are needed for this app to work on cm7.2 from a sense rom and now it works great. I'm going to make a post in general on what I did to fix it.

Last edited:

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Is there somehow I can get the .apk for the blade style unlock rings? Would really like trying to get it on my X2.

Sent from My Rooted DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7

jdkane527

Apr 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Just flashed CM7 with Tiamat 1.1.5

The RC1 runs great on my phone with Tiamat 1.1.5 kernel. The Tiamat improved battery life, and Portable Hotspot Wifi works.

Thanks for the great rom!

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I don't know what the kernel has to do with the signal but it flashes in recovery like most other kernels. I had no difference in signal with tiamats kernel though.

jdkane527

Apr 14, 2012
Los Angeles
How about signal? And can this kernel be flashed through recovery installing the zip? Wipe cache and davilk cache?

I did not notice a difference in signal. I pushed the zip folder while the phone was in recovery and installed it there after wiping caches.

This morning I noticed that the speaker nor microphone was working properly. I had to use my backup and am on the CM7.2 RC1 loaded kernel now. Hopefully it works better for you guys.

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Shes not hearing ringing while making calls and cant hear her talking when I answer...looks like I'm flashing back too lol.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Did either of you flash the rom with a full wipe (data and caches)? I have flashed every kernel that works with this rom and I have not had one instance of the mic or the speaker not working.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
It doesn't hurt to try. If you have been running a different version it probably will fix it.

jdkane527

Apr 14, 2012
Los Angeles
I can't move or remove icons from the homepage. The procedure to move them is to longpress on them correct?

I longpress and the phone buzzes but it doesn't move or allow me to remove icons.
I've already tried wiping the cache.

Edit: Fixed it with reboot

Last edited:

General_Tso

Nov 2, 2011

You know, I didn't notice an issue until after I posted and I started noticing what you describe as well. However, I was on the *.622 radio. I upgraded to the *.1111 radio, and I'm experimenting to see if it is better. Sure enough, I'll post and jinx myself again. :D

If I keep having issues, I'll have to give the wireless tether app a shot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seriously.... You must not be reading what I'm posting. Google wireless tether v2.0.7. Its a better tethering app. The hot spot doesnt work well for ME. It disconnects constantly when I use it.

I am gonna try the RC3, will report back.

I am bracing for low incall. It really is the only problem.

Try aeroevans kernal. Should fix the call volume.

I just flashed the latest nightly over an April 3rd nand of RC1 and flashed aero's 10.5 ics kernal...works great. However, I am getting a constant force close with play store. Anyone else getting this problem? I didn't find much with a search but swore I saw some discussion on it somewhere.

Sent from my Incredible 2

Edit: I just cleared the data and I am currently installing app updates.
    Edit2: Still works...man this is snappy.
    Dalvic (sp?) And cache