Installing the V21Y 2.3.4 Update

Search This thread

enyahs

Mar 29, 2010
Warrensburg
First things first.

ALL CREDIT GOES TO Core Memory and his original thread as well as adixtra and Overground for the kdz file:

Core Memory's Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601918

Hoping this will make it a little easier to find and for some of the people who couldnt get the other instructions to work. This is how i SUCCESSFULLY got the update on my g2x.

I did this running Windows XP on a virtual machine so idk what other system works.

1. Download the KDZ file here http://www.mediafire.com/?obr7717n1ebj2qa Thanks to user "overground".

2. Download this file http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=887870&d=1328537753

3. Extract all that to a spot you can remember (For me.. desktop)

4. Open the "B2CAppSetup.exe" file without the phone connected. And click the install Driver button and scroll down to P99DWP (thats what my model was, i guess yours could be different.)

5. Close the "B2CAppSetup.exe"

6. Go to the folder you extracted on the desktop and find "msxml.msi" right click it and Install.

7. After that has successfully installed, In the same directory, Open the "Automatic Offline Procedure.vbs" and follow the prompts and the on screen instructions from there. it will tell you when to plug in the phone and when to enable the "Window Enabler" and everything. MAKE SURE YOU DO WHAT IT SAYS IN THE PROMPTS! Eventually it will say follow the On screen instructions. It will open up a word document for you and you start from #5.

8. Wait for the installer to download and complete the update. When it says it was completed you can click exit and everything. I left mine plugged into the computer until it had rebooted all the way. It does take a couple minutes longer than i expected so dont get impatient.

That should be everything. This is how I successfully got mine working. Here is a ss of the "About Phone" Section afterward

http://i.imgur.com/wtN8N.png

Once again ALL CREDITS go to where they originally deserve to be. I'm just posting this so hopefully more people will be able to update and its a little easier to find than deep into the other thread.

Thanks Core Memory and overground, your the reason I got updated xD

Good luck with the updating and If i left something out or missed something, post it below.

And let me hear about some success or failures. But lets hope for success.

Last edited:

enyahs

Mar 29, 2010
Warrensburg
I'm assuming your running on windows seven? I ran on XP. Try running it in XP mode maybe. XP worked flawlessly for me.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

lowrider262

Jan 26, 2011
Racine, WI
I'm assuming your running on windows seven? I ran on XP. Try running it in XP mode maybe. XP worked flawlessly for me.

Its win7 home, I can't use XP mode. I've tried everything, I think tomorrow I'm just gonna dig my old XP disc up and make a partition on my computer.

Sent from my A100 using XDA

tantan20171

Feb 15, 2009
Worked Perfectly!!! except for one minor thing with the script... it stated that it inserted the local host but unfortunately it didn't post the correct host.... i had to do it manually. by going to c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc and open hosts with notepad and at the bottom delete where it says localhost part on
:1 localhost127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
and simply leave it like this:
127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
at the bottom of it and save then exit then follow the procedures. :)

emacomputer

Apr 23, 2010
Cataño
mine stop responding and close any help?

img20070101045453.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/img20070101045453.jpg/

Last edited:

enyahs

Mar 29, 2010
Warrensburg
Another thing I would try is rafases method. I know he has had success and also successfully helped others.
I can add his method for running the script as an alternate for windows 7 users to try.

lowrider262

Jan 26, 2011
Racine, WI
tried it from an XP computer today, still didn't work. for some reason running the script fails on me everytime, I've tried it on 3 different computers (2 win7 and an XP). I'm actually trying to downgrade from 21y back to 21e.

enyahs

Mar 29, 2010
Warrensburg
Are all the files extracted to a folder? If you try to run while they are all composed I think it will give you an error as well

gpmartinson

Feb 28, 2010
Do I need to downgrade

TO I need to install stock first or can I just do this from my current rom and then install the rooted stock rom?

Core Memory

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
tried it from an XP computer today, still didn't work. for some reason running the script fails on me everytime, I've tried it on 3 different computers (2 win7 and an XP). I'm actually trying to downgrade from 21y back to 21e.

Try just running UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe in XP mode or Windows XP after you install the drivers in Windows 7 or Windows XP and the other stuff in XP Mode or Windows XP, plug in your phone (with the battery in and the phone on), attach the phone's USB port through the USB menu in XP Mode (You won't have to with Windows XP) and run the script. Even if the script fails, it may allow the update. You have to change the product type to 3GQCT and the PhoneMode to Emergency and select the .kdz file you want to use. Then start the upgrade. If it decrypts the .kdz file successfully, it will check your phone then start upgrade. With XP Mode, you may hear an alert sound which means that the phone's USB port has detached. Reattach it through the XP Mode USB menu each time it detaches. It will pause as it updates and the dialog box will show a list of errors until it finishes and reboots the phone. After the phone reboots, wait a few minutes then detach the phone and reboot. Hopefully that will work.

Last edited:

tian100

Dec 18, 2007
For what its worth, I managed to update successfully using Windows Sever 2008 R2. I followed the instruction after changing the host file manually. Everything went without any problem and the whole process took about 10 minutes.

substanceneil

Jan 26, 2011
After many, many attempts, I successfully flashed the 21y kdz this morning. Thanks to Core Memory, Overground, enyahs and many others. I am not sure what finally "did it" after many tries, but I will share some notes.

1. Keep at it. I was ready to give up many times, but somehow hung in there.

2. I used XP. I did not try some of the methods folks have suggested for using virtual machines or win7.

3. I flashed stock recovery first.

4. I was coming from Tsugi, but after numerous failures, I reflashed CWM in and restored a stock gb nandroid. I don't think this was important to my eventual success, since it still took many tries, but at least I eliminated one variable.

5. At first I used the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN program from speedsk8x, following his instructions. Specifically, I used the CDMA and DIAG settings. This failed repeatedly. The program seemed to get stuck at "CDMA: wParam = xxx, lParam = yyy" I cannot remember the xxx or yyy, but the numbers would not cycle as speedsk8x's instructions said they would. I waited up to 10 minutes multiple times. Later, I tried again using the "3GQCT" and "EMERGENCY" setting with no success.

6. I then tried the method from this post. That did not work either. Multiple attempts. The VB script seemed to work fine, but the UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe program would consistently crash just as the flash process was nearly completion. I tried mutiple USB ports. I did not try a different USB cable.

7. Finally, I started to experiment. I finally tried the "Start Upgrade" button instead of the "Normal web upgrade test" button. The area beneath the button logged very similar steps as the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN method, but wParam and iParam did cycle from 1 up to 100. Finally after 100 my phone rebooted. About phone showed 21y with the new baseband and 2.3.4.

8. Interestingly, UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe never "completed." But since the phone seemed rebooted and working fine, I unplugged the USB and closed the program. Phone is working fine. Better than fine, so far. I flashed kwes's rooted 2.3.4 ROM, deleted some bloat, and the phone is functioning great. Everything seems to work and is snappy. GPS locked immediately (used to take 1-5-forever minutes).

enyahs

Mar 29, 2010
Warrensburg
Grats. glad you finally got it working.

im loving it. My battery is way better.
Light use today and has been off charger for about 8 hours and still have about 60 perccent battery. (which is waYYYY better than what i had before)

mgkaotic

Aug 18, 2010
I still can't get it to install. After step 6 in the instructional word document, it asks me to check the internet line and execute problem again. It says to ignore it on step 8 but nothing happens. Is there something im doing wrong?

sambodie

Apr 24, 2011
Modifications to Update Procedure...

After many, many attempts, I successfully flashed the 21y kdz this morning. Thanks to Core Memory, Overground, enyahs and many others. I am not sure what finally "did it" after many tries, but I will share some notes.

2. I used XP. I did not try some of the methods folks have suggested for using virtual machines or win7.

4. I was coming from Tsugi, but after numerous failures, I reflashed CWM in and restored a stock gb nandroid. I don't think this was important to my eventual success, since it still took many tries, but at least I eliminated one variable.

5. At first I used the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN program from speedsk8x, following his instructions. Specifically, I used the CDMA and DIAG settings. This failed repeatedly. The program seemed to get stuck at "CDMA: wParam = xxx, lParam = yyy" I cannot remember the xxx or yyy, but the numbers would not cycle as speedsk8x's instructions said they would. I waited up to 10 minutes multiple times. Later, I tried again using the "3GQCT" and "EMERGENCY" setting with no success.

6. I then tried the method from this post. That did not work either. Multiple attempts. The VB script seemed to work fine, but the UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe program would consistently crash just as the flash process was nearly completion. I tried mutiple USB ports. I did not try a different USB cable.

7. Finally, I started to experiment. I finally tried the "Start Upgrade" button instead of the "Normal web upgrade test" button. The area beneath the button logged very similar steps as the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN method, but wParam and iParam did cycle from 1 up to 100. Finally after 100 my phone rebooted. About phone showed 21y with the new baseband and 2.3.4.

8. Interestingly, UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe never "completed." But since the phone seemed rebooted and working fine, I unplugged the USB and closed the program. Phone is working fine. Better than fine, so far. I flashed kwes's rooted 2.3.4 ROM, deleted some bloat, and the phone is functioning great. Everything seems to work and is snappy. GPS locked immediately (used to take 1-5-forever minutes).

First, I had hosed my USB drivers somehow, sometime. So uninstalled and reinstalled the LG drivers.

The Automatic Offline Procedures vb file would not work for me, missing a file in line 25. So I just started UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe and tried per the Word file. Things did not go like the instructions, so I did as you suggested and selected the "Start Upgrade" button. Went through the 100 items on the left hand window as you desribed, phone rebooted after it hit 100.

Looks OK, touch selections are very snappy. Will root and add CWM, drive this week and see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First things first.

ALL CREDIT GOES TO Core Memory and his original thread as well as adixtra and Overground for the kdz file:

Core Memory's Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601918

Hoping this will make it a little easier to find and for some of the people who couldnt get the other instructions to work. This is how i SUCCESSFULLY got the update on my g2x.

I did this running Windows XP on a virtual machine so idk what other system works.

1. Download the KDZ file here http://www.mediafire.com/?obr7717n1ebj2qa Thanks to user "overground".

2. Download this file http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=887870&d=1328537753

3. Extract all that to a spot you can remember (For me.. desktop)

4. Open the "B2CAppSetup.exe" file without the phone connected. And click the install Driver button and scroll down to P99DWP (thats what my model was, i guess yours could be different.)

5. Close the "B2CAppSetup.exe"

6. Go to the folder you extracted on the desktop and find "msxml.msi" right click it and Install.

7. After that has successfully installed, In the same directory, Open the "Automatic Offline Procedure.vbs" and follow the prompts and the on screen instructions from there. it will tell you when to plug in the phone and when to enable the "Window Enabler" and everything. MAKE SURE YOU DO WHAT IT SAYS IN THE PROMPTS! Eventually it will say follow the On screen instructions. It will open up a word document for you and you start from #5.

8. Wait for the installer to download and complete the update. When it says it was completed you can click exit and everything. I left mine plugged into the computer until it had rebooted all the way. It does take a couple minutes longer than i expected so dont get impatient.

That should be everything. This is how I successfully got mine working. Here is a ss of the "About Phone" Section afterward

http://i.imgur.com/wtN8N.png

Once again ALL CREDITS go to where they originally deserve to be. I'm just posting this so hopefully more people will be able to update and its a little easier to find than deep into the other thread.

Thanks Core Memory and overground, your the reason I got updated xD

Good luck with the updating and If i left something out or missed something, post it below.

And let me hear about some success or failures. But lets hope for success.

You can do this while you're on any ROM right? Currently I'm on CM7.

Also, to my understanding this puts your recovery back to stock? But once I do this I can put CWM back on via NVFlash right?

Your phone doesn't have to have a stock ROM, I installed it over a Weapon ROM.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Can I do the OTA if I am back to the stock ROM? I don't have a PC (just a Mac) and my work computer is off limits for this.

To get the OTA, you have to be running the stock ROM.
    and now i got Unknown baseband !! :confused:
    help!!!!

There is a posting about that somewere, can't seem to find it but I do have a pdf file that will tell you how to bring it back. This is not my file and I'm not taking any credit for it, just trying to help. Hope this helps, good luck
    I couldn't get the OTA update to work...turns out my used "stock" phone had CWM installed (which I did not know, never used it) so the update process would stall.

I decided to familiarize myself with rooting, etc on this phone and after some work got it returned to completely stock, even stock recovery was intact.
    At that point I decided to try the OTA again and it had vanished, no update available, so I waited for the the 14th and used the LG update software and got it done that way.

So far the update shows some minor speed and stability improvements, battery seems to be the biggest.

However, knowing now that LG and T-Mobile have really dropped the ball, and that Nvidia refuses to release a driver for devs, this will be the very LAST Nvidia phone/tablet product I ever buy, likely the same for LG unless they really show some better care for their customers. (there is no excuse besides incompetence why this phone does not have an official ICS update)

Still not sure what to think about T-Mobile...good prices and decent service but last to the dance in every technology.