Nexus 7 tv out?

Search This thread

clay347

Jan 4, 2012
Hey guys just wait for a few more weeks cuz from what I have gathered ASUS has made a little gadget called the NEXUS QUBE I know that you guys remember the GOOGLE NEXUS Q right well it looks like GOOGLE and ASUS has teamed up yet again and come up with the NEXUS QUBE it's everything the NEXUS Q wishes it was and so so much more from what it says that the NEXUS QUBE can stream music, movies and videos and games from your NEXUS 7 to your big screen T.V.'s I can't wait until this thing hits the stores and it's going to be soon as they already have two apps in the PLAY STORE for its no word on price but suspect a couple hundred dollars at least it may be here in time for CHRISTMAS!!! I READ IT ALL IN APPY GEEK. GOD BLESS YOU GUYS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Hey guys just wait for a few more weeks cuz from what I have gathered ASUS has made a little gadget called the NEXUS QUBE I know that you guys remember the GOOGLE NEXUS Q right well it looks like GOOGLE and ASUS has teamed up yet again and come up with the NEXUS QUBE it's everything the NEXUS Q wishes it was and so so much more from what it says that the NEXUS QUBE can stream music, movies and videos and games from your NEXUS 7 to your big screen T.V.'s I can't wait until this thing hits the stores and it's going to be soon as they already have two apps in the PLAY STORE for its no word on price but suspect a couple hundred dollars at least it may be here in time for CHRISTMAS!!! I READ IT ALL IN APPY GEEK. GOD BLESS YOU GUYS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/30/3712848/asus-qube-with-google-tv-streamer-revealed

I thought you were trolling us lol

Reactions: Timo_SGS2

Asimoved

Apr 24, 2011
Ubuntu-Android dual-boot

But will it allow us to mirror our screens?

I am just about to surprise myself with a Nexus 7. I saw that the Ubuntu development for the N7 is moving forward nicely and thought it would be so nice to be able to mirror that on the TV/monitor. You could have an android tab and a Ubuntu machine all in one...

siyman

Aug 17, 2010
I am just about to surprise myself with a Nexus 7. I saw that the Ubuntu development for the N7 is moving forward nicely and thought it would be so nice to be able to mirror that on the TV/monitor. You could have an android tab and a Ubuntu machine all in one...

All in one, but not at the same time. But of course you could use the android kernel to start something like LXDE through tightvnc.

irishfirepics

Apr 9, 2009
hi guys

just got a nexus 7 and came accross this thread, very interesting read. im no exppert at all but could you use one of those android tv dongles and use something like the skifta app to stream video from the nexus 7 to your tv? might be a cheaper way if it could work.

siyman

Aug 17, 2010

salik001

Feb 6, 2013
mirroring solution

:)It's confirmed that MirrorOp works with Nexus 7.
I can't post the link cause I'm a noob but you can look up

forums.androidcentraldotcom
google dash nexus dash 7 dash tablet dash forum slash 233760 dash nexus dash 7 dash pust-tv-miracast-working dash 2 dot html
Hope this helps:eek:

teeth_03

Dec 8, 2011
What's the links posted on that site so I don't have to register?

EDIT -so does the receiver for Windows not work for this since you said it requires the adapter?

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
The Windows receiver works but the OP was for TV out although I guess you could receive on a PC and if it had a HDMI out you could connect that to the TV.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

HobbesIsReal

Aug 24, 2007
I travel a lot and I have used my Galaxy SIII several times via HDMI in my hotel room to watch Netflix and Hulu.... so not being able to do this with the Nexus 7 I have to say was my biggest (and really only) disappoint with the device. But then again for the price I got it during Black Friday, I guess I can't have it all!

Nexus7Coogee

Feb 15, 2013
I stream video, photos and music from N7 to a 11 year old LCD TV via a Roku box using the 1 twonky browser and 2 juice for roku apps. Twonky browser good for you tube and juice app great for streaming movies. The roku can plug into HDMI and RCA inlets. Given a whole new lease of life to the old TV. Picture and sound quality is great. So long as the N7 and Roku are on the same WiFi connection it works. I would prefer a TV out port in order to watch my own stuff in hotels from N7 but hoping the small roku will connect to hotel WiFi as a suitable solution, otherwise the iPod touch and its cable will also need to be packed.

Top Liked Posts