[Q] Massive delay in sync. :( with kitkat

Search This thread

Krisshp

Dec 29, 2012
So I got kitkat. And I get a massive. Delay. When I get emails.

E.g. I send a email to myself. I get a notification after 2 seconds on my andriod tablet , 3secomds on windows 8. And on my moto g. It's a minute/2/3 dealy. Whyyy

Can someone test it and see

Last edited:

Mrkblo

Aug 11, 2009
Natal RN
Exactly !!!!! WTF. is up with that. Glad I'm not the only one. !!!

Edit can someone else Please and try and give feedback Thaknks
On my moto G the problem is that it won't receive all the notifications trough Wi-fi. As soon as I enable mobile data everything comes at the same time, but wi-fi takes ages...

Dain B

Jan 4, 2013
Actually my Nexus 4 running 4.4.2 is exactly the same, even if I manually refresh inbox in Gmail app it takes sometimes up to a minute to see new mail.

llenp

Jan 19, 2011
Same problem. Gonna try disabling Wi-Fi Optimization

I noticed that too. And same goes for BBM. Sometimes I have to open up BBM again until I get my messages. I tried disabling Wi-fi optimization and seeing how that goes. It's under advanced settings when setting up your wifi connection. Hopefully this is the issue, since wi-fi optimization is intended to save battery life.

Update:
So turning off wifi optimization worked out for me and now my emails come promptly. The BBM issue was BBM itself. You might wanna do a reset afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krisshp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just tried it was instant on jellybean tablet 7 minutes on KitKat moto g
    Same problem. Gonna try disabling Wi-Fi Optimization

I noticed that too. And same goes for BBM. Sometimes I have to open up BBM again until I get my messages. I tried disabling Wi-fi optimization and seeing how that goes. It's under advanced settings when setting up your wifi connection. Hopefully this is the issue, since wi-fi optimization is intended to save battery life.

Update:
    So turning off wifi optimization worked out for me and now my emails come promptly. The BBM issue was BBM itself. You might wanna do a reset afterwards.