Converted to GPE

Search This thread

jackhiggins

Dec 19, 2012
I have recently changed my MID and CID of my HTC One to enable me to flash a GPE RUU. Everything is currently going fine, however I am unable to unlock the stock Google bootloader, meaning I am unable to root and flash a custom recovery. I have tried fastboot oem unlock, and have also tried flashing an unlock token from HTCDev, all with unsuccessful results. Could anyone suggest what to do next as I would like to flash some mods to add to the HTC to make it better.

Thank you.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jackhiggins

Dec 19, 2012
I have no root privileges at all. I have tried downloading SuperSU and Superuser from the Play Store and neither have been able to install binaries. I have s-off, so what other methods could I use?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
I have no root privileges at all. I have tried downloading SuperSU and Superuser from the Play Store and neither have been able to install binaries. I have s-off, so what other methods could I use?

Ah, then we'll play a little trick. Since you're s-off you can flash unsigned firmware, so here's a firmware.zip that contains only TWRP recovery.

firmware_twrp.zip

Download the file (hit Ctrl-S to download the zip after clicking the link) and flash it via fastboot:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware_twrp.zip
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

After reboot select Bootloader, then select Recovery and you'll boot into TWRP. From there you can flash SuperSU.zip to gain root or mods, etc.

:)

Reactions: jackhiggins

jackhiggins

Dec 19, 2012
Ah, then we'll play a little trick. Since you're s-off you can flash unsigned firmware, so here's a firmware.zip that contains only TWRP recovery.

firmware_twrp.zip

Download the file (hit Ctrl-S to download the zip after clicking the link) and flash it via fastboot:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot erase cache

After reboot select Bootloader, then select Recovery and you'll boot into TWRP. From there you can flash SuperSU.zip to gain root or mods, etc.

This worked perfectly thank you very much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Known issue, basically you're stuck.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719281

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2547365

Are you s-off? Then you can unlock by other means.

firmware_twrp.zip

Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot erase cache