Galaxy Note ATT on Tmobile 3g?

Search This thread

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
Hi, I have been reading some posts in the Radio thread reporting that they are using the T-mobile Modem. It was unclear whether they had it working on the T-mobile network or just using the modem on the ATT network.

Is there anyone here using the Galaxy Note on T-mobiles 1700Mhz AWS 3G band and getting internet and sms and everything no problem?

I just want to make sure before I go out and purchase one for a lot of money and not have it working.

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
I will test it once my Note comes in on Wednesday.

My plan is to unlock it here [ http://www.cellunlocker.net/ ], then Odin a t989 modem and test away.

If anyone already has a Note is willing to try this then go for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cactoes Gel

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
The Att Note does NOT use the 1700mhz band for AWS. I am on my phone but if you want a link Engadget wrote a whole article on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: Mortem Tuam

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
Hi, I have been reading some posts in the Radio thread reporting that they are using the T-mobile Modem. It was unclear whether they had it working on the T-mobile network or just using the modem on the ATT network.

Is there anyone here using the Galaxy Note on T-mobiles 1700Mhz AWS 3G band and getting internet and sms and everything no problem?

I just want to make sure before I go out and purchase one for a lot of money and not have it working.

won't work

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/16/psa-atandts-galaxy-note-does-not-support-aws-for-hspa/

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
The Att Note does NOT use the 1700mhz band for AWS. I am on my phone but if you want a link Engadget wrote a whole article on it.

Isn't that what they also use to say about the skyrocket? Lol.. that works on T-Mobile 1700 band. :)
_____

Yes, because out of the box it doesn't work. The skyrocket required a t989 modem, so its safe to say this does also.

Now it very well could still not work even after a modem flash... but its worth a try

Last edited:

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
Isn't that what they also use to say about the skyrocket? Lol.. that works on T-Mobile 1700 band. :)
_____

Yes, because out of the box it doesn't work. The skyrocket required a t989 modem, so its safe to say this does also.

Now it very well could still not work even after a modem flash... but its worth a try

easy to say it's worth a try when it's not your money :p

my advice to the OP.....save your cash, wait for some other guy with money to burn to try it. Maybe itsjusttim would be kind enough to bust out the greenies to give it a whirl :cool::p

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal

my advice to the OP.....save your cash, wait for some other guy with money to burn to try it. Maybe itsjusttim would be kind enough to bust out the greenies to give it a whirl :cool::p

Isn't that what I said I would do in my original post? Wednesday is when I receive my Note and will attempt this myself. :)

Reactions: dnguyen1988

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
Can people please stop referring to the Engadget post. All they are saying is that it will NOT work by just unlocking it out of the box. Please see I have posted some questions for Myriam on Engadget that posted that article and she said this article was only meant out of the box in her replies since most people will not root and stuff she was simply talking about out of the box.

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal

Thank you!
_____
Can people please stop referring to the Engadget post. All they are saying is that it will NOT work by just unlocking it out of the box. Please see I have posted some questions for Myriam on Engadget that posted that article and she said this article was only meant out of the box in her replies since most people will not root and stuff she was simply talking about out of the box.

Yes! And x2.

claud_face

Apr 27, 2010
If this does work will it support 21 or 42 mbps theoretically?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

zorbagreek

Feb 20, 2012
Wifi Calling

Any thoughts on how to enable Wifi calling for T-Mobile (on the new AT&T galaxy note that is)?

Last edited:

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

zorbagreek

Feb 20, 2012

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Could this http://www.xda-developers.com/android/wifi-calling-app-for-jpk-2-2-1/ wifi calling app not work with ANY android?

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1400816

I don't believe that one would work.. our best bet for that is to have a developer who is partial to T-Mobile and takes the version from the t989 and adds it to a rom.

I'm sure it could be done, but we would have to convince a dev to help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will test it once my Note comes in on Wednesday.

My plan is to unlock it here [ http://www.cellunlocker.net/ ], then Odin a t989 modem and test away.

If anyone already has a Note is willing to try this then go for it.

Isn't that what I said I would do in my original post? Wednesday is when I receive my Note and will attempt this myself. :)
    I believe he said he'd be getting his note tomorrow I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
    I believe he said he'd be getting his note tomorrow I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

redundant man is redundant.