[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Search This thread

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
What's the best way to move Dalvik without using DTA2SD? I'm not running Smelkus' build on PB22.

And I promise not to report you if your reply is brash, short, to-the-point, lacking compassion for my inability to search, or if you don't include a Smiley or two. :)

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

Yes, you can use s2e (only supported on cm roms but not on cm9) or you can use link2sd.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth

Reactions: buzzwyzr

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
I'm not able to mount the SD card to the computer, I read about that it is only possible on Recovery for now but not even on Recovery I'm able to do it...maybe I'm doing something wrong since I'm a noobie on this...If someone has the time to write the steps to mount the SD on recovery mode I would really appreciate it thanks. Also I tried to buy this dual mount SD app from the market but when I try to buy it it gives an error message and I can't buy it. All your help will be appreciate it, thanks.

Reboot to recovery, select USB-MS toggle, select USB-MS Toggle SDCard hit power button or enter again.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth

Last edited:

BlazinThat

Jul 17, 2011
Rocky Mountain High
Yes, you can use s2e (only supported on cm roms but not on cm9) or you can use link2sd.

ropodope

So does that mean I should use s2e instead of dark tremors on pb 22? ICS is a whole new world to me.

Edit: shoot, I just noticed I don't have terminal emulator.

Last edited:

merkk

Oct 5, 2009
Lansing, mi
Is there more info on this ROM somewhere?

Hi - considering trying out ICS on my evo. Just wondering if there's a page with more info on this rom? Like what's working/not working? Any special requirements to get this running or special steps to install it? I checked the first post but it only mentions the camera's been fixed.

If there's a link to a FAQ etc for this rom, can someone give me the link please?

thanks

IAmAN00bie

Dec 2, 2010
Hi - considering trying out ICS on my evo. Just wondering if there's a page with more info on this rom? Like what's working/not working? Any special requirements to get this running or special steps to install it? I checked the first post but it only mentions the camera's been fixed.

If there's a link to a FAQ etc for this rom, can someone give me the link please?

thanks

How to install: like any other ROM (ie. wipe all partitions then flash).

What doesn't work: front facing camera, 4G, HDMI

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Thank you, its good to be back.Yes, the rumor is true. Car and I just need to get some time to brainstorm, tweak, test and get it done. He already has some early ideas in mind so we will get cracking asap. That doesn't mean tomorrow lol.

ropodope

From what I've seen, the CoD tweaks only deal with the I/O Scheduler and the OOM value groupings. Will the new update tweak other things as well?

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
So does that mean I should use s2e instead of dark tremors on pb 22? ICS is a whole new world to me.

Edit: shoot, I just noticed I don't have terminal emulator.

No, it means you can use link2sd but if your ext partition is already filled with apps, link2sd will not take advantage of them, only what you install from the point of installing link2sd forward. It does not take an all in one approach so you will need to select per app as well. I would read up on it first to see if you want to give it a shot. It's free in the market or should I now say "the google play store."

ropodope

BlazinThat

Jul 17, 2011
Rocky Mountain High
No, it means you can use link2sd but if your ext partition is already filled with apps, link2sd will not take advantage of them, only what you install from the point of installing link2sd forward. It does not take an all in one approach so you will need to select per app as well. I would read up on it first to see if you want to give it a shot. It's free in the market or should I now say "the google play store."

ropodope

Thanks brother, yeah I will give a quick read through and do it after a fresh install. I can't keep asking for your help, you already got much going on.

One Love

midnightzak

Jul 30, 2010
Normal, IL
A gig should be more that enough unless you like to run 150 apps

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

HTC Evo 4G running Deck-ICS-p22 build and Mason kernel

Partitioned SD card and upgraded the EXT partition to EXT4.

Tried the latest Darktremor beta and non-beta builds and my phone hangs on the boot screen. I've given it 20 minutes, and it goes nowhere. Do I need to reflash the ROM/kernel after running Darktremor? Ideas on what I am missing?

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
HTC Evo 4G running Deck-ICS-p22 build and Mason kernel

Partitioned SD card and upgraded the EXT partition to EXT4.

Tried the latest Darktremor beta and non-beta builds and my phone hangs on the boot screen. I've given it 20 minutes, and it goes nowhere. Do I need to reflash the ROM/kernel after running Darktremor? Ideas on what I am missing?

Yes, deck removed support for it for now but will add it later. get the smelkus version of decks pb22. A2sd is already baked in and you need to use that version which is very good. Once the rom is flashed, boot in, go to the terminal emulator and type su, then hit enter. Then type in a2sd install followed by enter. When it asks if you want data transferred to sdcard say no, when it asks if you want the cache transferred to the sdcard say yes.

http://dev-host.org/users/smelkus

Enjoy.

ropodope

midnightzak

Jul 30, 2010
Normal, IL
thanks for fast reply, i'll probably do that tonight. is there anyway to uninstall Darktremor for the time being to go back to my previous working installation or do i just need to start over?

EDIT: Guessing I just need to restore via nandroid, so that's what I'm trying...

Last edited:

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

From what I've seen, the CoD tweaks only deal with the I/O Scheduler and the OOM value groupings. Will the new update tweak other things as well?

Who knows? We've got a few ideas in mind. Our tweaks are designed for maximum benefit with the most simplicity of use so that everyone can do them without borking their phones. This is why they have been so popular. Not everything is worth tweaking for the average user and most will never experience true gain with many tweaks that are out there. Just because it can be tweaked doesn't mean that it always should be. Those are the people we focus on.

ropodope

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me

They also deal with the sysctl values.

ropodope

odean14

Dec 16, 2010
New York
hey i keep getting this (unfortunately, the processcom.android.phone has stopped) every time i use the phone app to make a call or receive one. is there a fix for this?

midnightzak

Jul 30, 2010
Normal, IL
Yes, deck removed support for it for now but will add it later. get the smelkus version of decks pb22. A2sd is already baked in and you need to use that version which is very good. Once the rom is flashed, boot in, go to the terminal emulator and type su, then hit enter. Then type in a2sd install followed by enter. When it asks if you want data transferred to sdcard say no, when it asks if you want the cache transferred to the sdcard say yes.

http://dev-host.org/users/smelkus

Enjoy.

ropodope

Re-wiped, re-partitioned, upgraded to EXT4, flashed rom, opened Terminal and ran the commands you suggested. Now getting:
Code:
/sd-ext not mounted properly, it might have errors
ext partition unknown!
Aborting

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Got impatient :(

Wiped cache and dalvik and then flashed dta2sd beta4, and now stuck on white "htc evo 4g" boot screen.

sigh :'(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/609/ics-evo
    pb7 - fixed camera preview.

enjoy,
    -deck
    Sounds good! Hardware acceleration?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yessir!

-deck
    holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
    *sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.
    Thread cleaned.

Cut the crap......
    One warning, that is all.....
    This is my first post since i became a memeber here back in 2008. Everyone needs to grow some balls and man up lol no more immature sh*t :D