[Q] OTA Jelly Bean 4.1.2 WiFi Network disabled. Poor connection

Search This thread

alehardware

Jun 4, 2006
I bought unbranded Galaxy S3. It came with ICS, the I got OTA update to Jelly Bean v.4.1.2 I9300UBELL1 Kernel 3.0.31-783635 se.infra@SEP-92 ·1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jan 4 19:59:29 KST 2013.
After that it was imposible to connect to any WiFi router (tried different ones that were working OK with other devices). I did a factory reset and still no WIFI connection possible. I always got "Network disabled. Poor connection" even with full signal and right by the router. So, I flashed the original ICS stock ROM and every was OK again, WiFi worked perfectly. I tried one more time the JB OTA update and again and ended up with NO WiFi.

I have also tried every trick I´ve found on Internet (like disabling wifi power saving, etc, etc) nothing worked.

Anyone knows how to solve it? I will go back to ICS but that´s not the idea when buying a top smartphone, is it?

Thanks

[Solved]
Rooted, and flashed with stock ROM I9300UBELL1 = Kernel 3.0.31-767276 se.infra@SEI-75#1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 31 13:32:27 KST 2012 ... it seems it is an older ROM but Sammobile.com listed it as a more recently released named as I9300UBELL6_I9300ANCELL1_ANC while the previous one was named I9300UBELL1 ... the last digit is the revision number, isn´t it?
Its not the RIL/modem becuase before that I tried flashing a different RIL firmware and WiFi didn´t work either.

Hope it helps for those left without WIFI.

Last edited:

bigmo7

Nov 3, 2010
London
Is it an N enabled router? Some people reported problems with routers which just use N enabled routers...

alehardware

Jun 4, 2006
Is it an N enabled router? Some people reported problems with routers which just use N enabled routers...

Thanks for your prompt answer!!!
Actually, I tried with many routers ... I think they might been all N enabled routers ... but why there is a problem with JB and not with ICS??? Besides I´m currently abroad and I need to use whatever router I find in hotels, restaurants, etc, and cannot ask them to change the configuration of their routers for me :( ...

When I paid what I paid for this phone the least I would had expected was that Samsung would realease an OTA update that would mess up my WiFi connection!!!

I have already sent them and email, but for what I have found on the net, it is something that many people had experienced ... maybe more those who bought and unbranded SIII, like I did.

Thanks again, lets hope someone gets a solution.

m15chief

Jan 27, 2005
Newcastle
www.pogden.com
Anyone found a way to fix this without Rooting yet? n I need stock for Sky Go.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

OK, think I might have a fix for anyone who doesn't want to root.. I installed the EE WiFi app, which has its own drivers and it connected immediately.

m15chief

Jan 27, 2005
Newcastle
www.pogden.com
Ok, back to square one. Installing the EE wifi app worked at first but then crapped out.

Still looking for a non-root sokution to this wifi bug

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Reddly

Jan 19, 2013
also looking for non rooted solution. posted in a similar thread but its basically lost on me why this is happening.
my and my GFs S3 connect to open networks and private networks (including our home network) without any trouble.
we go to her cafe and neither of our phones can connect. other people with laptops, phones, tablets etc can connect.
a week ago we could connect and it was no problem. nothing has changed and now neither of us can connect. we can see the network, its strong signal (we're 5 ft from the router sitting behind the counter) and everytime we try to connect it says the same thing, network disabled. poor connection.

why will it work for other devices and not the S3? why would it work previously and not now? Why do our S3s work on other networks and not this one?

I was really happy with this phone and so was my gf but this has put a bit of a downer on them.

m15chief

Jan 27, 2005
Newcastle
www.pogden.com
I just called the EE store. I only upgraded to the i9305 on saturday and already on to my second replacement (accelerometer went in the first one)

Seriously considering a different model replacement like an iphone 5. Thats how p*ssed off I am with this phone.

Never had a single issue with my i9300 :mad:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Bensmom

Oct 26, 2012
I had this exact problem today. Came to post on the forum and found your question.

This problem came out of nowhere for me, my phone found and connected to my wifi as usual, but suddenly the connection I had been using said 'Disabled'.

I found this video and it worked for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVT73SBDlzQ
Steps are:

Wifi Settings --> Advanced --> "Keep wi-fi on during sleep" --> Select "Never" (Third option)

BUT later on it seemed to 'disable' again, so I went back in to the settings again, and selected "Always", and now my phone is connected again.

Hope that helps :/

hitecator

Mar 1, 2009
Fix for poor Internet connection

I just figured this, go to Advanced option and UNCHECK Check for Internet Service. Once you done this, OS will not check for the Connection quality. I tested this on my S4 and it works. Hope you all get through these

Reactions: zackwire

amansehdev

Sep 8, 2013
There's actually a very simple way to solve this issue. It doesn't identify the reason why it occurs, however it does solve the problem. If you manually add the wifi connection, the one you are having the problem with. It will solve the problem, make sure everything is case sensitive and the security is set to wpapsk. I hope it helps.

Reactions: mobiusmorte

techn

May 19, 2011
Houston Tx
www.undergroundmod.com
slow connection with wifi S4 Note 3 android 4.3 fix

I have had this same problem with my note 3 and my S4 the easiest fix I have found is just to turn off network switching and that fixed it. Both my devices are running 4.3 android.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-02-21-56-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-02-21-56-51.png
    241.3 KB · Views: 305
  • Screenshot_2014-01-02-21-56-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-02-21-56-09.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 260

mlutzow

Feb 21, 2007
Thanks For Info

techn, your suggestion is a winner, I started having this issue yesterday and I was searching everthing in my phone, finally searched xda and turning off auto switch did the trick.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

In regards to this issue, after I took the OTA update to 4.3 I remember setting an option to let the phone 'check the quality of the internet connection'. The only thing is I don't remember when I set that switch and sure haven't found the location to turn that check off.

Since I'm rooted, if this is some type of systems change, that won't be a problem, I just need to know where the heck that switch is to unset it. Any help would be great.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix for poor Internet connection

I just figured this, go to Advanced option and UNCHECK Check for Internet Service. Once you done this, OS will not check for the Connection quality. I tested this on my S4 and it works. Hope you all get through these
    There's actually a very simple way to solve this issue. It doesn't identify the reason why it occurs, however it does solve the problem. If you manually add the wifi connection, the one you are having the problem with. It will solve the problem, make sure everything is case sensitive and the security is set to wpapsk. I hope it helps.