My thought so far...Performance lacking.

Search This thread

muzicman82

Dec 27, 2007
Wilmington, DE
Hi all,

I am on a Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly Sprint Galaxy S4. I REALLY wanted to like Themer. It looks AMAZING.

However after using it for a couple days and trying different themes, it came down to one thing - performance.

It just seemed sluggish. When I press the Home button, it took up to 3-5 seconds before switching for the active program back to the Home screen. Then I was frequently seeing a "loading" message.

Secondly, the time it took from tapping an app icon and actually seeing the app was pretty delayed.

My benchmark is that my current launcher is Go Launcher Ex. It's really quick and responsive. Match the performance of that, and I'll be switching.

alldroid

Nov 18, 2012
Rochdale
www.thekinetik.net
hmmm what version are you running ? running latest here on galaxy s4 and have no noticeable lag when launching an app or going back using home button.Actually running really smooth here.Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling,maybe it is rom related and not themer related.
Remember we are still in beta and there are still some problems,I have had many problems here with previous releases but still found it more adaptable thab go in my opinion.

VirusTech

Feb 15, 2014
Athens
Hmm

Was really thinking to use it or not on my xperia arc s but since an S4 lacking performace mine will be blown away I guess :p

stickee

Sep 18, 2010
ok

Hi all,

I am on a Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly Sprint Galaxy S4. I REALLY wanted to like Themer. It looks AMAZING.

However after using it for a couple days and trying different themes, it came down to one thing - performance.

It just seemed sluggish. When I press the Home button, it took up to 3-5 seconds before switching for the active program back to the Home screen. Then I was frequently seeing a "loading" message.

Secondly, the time it took from tapping an app icon and actually seeing the app was pretty delayed.

My benchmark is that my current launcher is Go Launcher Ex. It's really quick and responsive. Match the performance of that, and I'll be switching.

it does look amazing

HerrDeacon

Jan 10, 2014
Hi all,

This sums up my experience as well. I really like Themer, amazing idea and product, but sadly had to disable it yesterday just because the lag and delays were getting worse. Going back to stock experience made everything responsive one again. I'm on a Sony Xperia SP.

ThemerSupport

Aug 9, 2013
This sums up my experience as well. I really like Themer, amazing idea and product, but sadly had to disable it yesterday just because the lag and delays were getting worse. Going back to stock experience made everything responsive one again. I'm on a Sony Xperia SP.

Hi,

Here is something that might help:
1. Uninstall Themer.
2. Delete the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/ folder (removing the Exported folder within it in case you saved any themes)
3. Reinstall Themer.

Ryo Misaki

Dec 5, 2011
Wichita Falls, Texas
blog.deslink.com
I've seen the "loading" issue.
I run the Note 3, and Themer runs great on it.

However, I notice that if my memory is pretty full, Themer will be 'loading' whenever I return to the home screen.

I imagine (not certain) that to not eat up too much of your phone's active memory, Themer unloads the widgets when it isn't up and using them and your free memory is low.
So when you return to the home screen, it must reload the widgets.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

However I do find that keeping a good amount of open memory eliminates the loading issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

ThemerSupport

Aug 9, 2013

However, I notice that if my memory is pretty full, Themer will be 'loading' whenever I return to the home screen.

I imagine (not certain) that to not eat up too much of your phone's active memory, Themer unloads the widgets when it isn't up and using them and your free memory is low.

However I do find that keeping a good amount of open memory eliminates the loading issue.

Hi,

The developers will have a closer look at this, thanks very much for the details!

Reactions: Ryo Misaki

tbong777

Hi all,

Same here. Nice idea but implementation is sluggish unpredictable and smoothness is dependant on theme used as well. Back to Nova.

ThemerSupport

Aug 9, 2013
Same here. Nice idea but implementation is sluggish unpredictable and smoothness is dependant on theme used as well. Back to Nova.

Hi, have you tried this method, as it should help fix the issue:

1. Uninstall Themer.
2. Delete the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/ folder (removing the Exported folder within it if you saved any themes).
3. Reinstall Themer.

Hope this helps, if not, please contact support@themerapp.com for more assistance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

The developers will have a closer look at this, thanks very much for the details!