[HELP] Building NG2 modem tarball?

Search This thread

mxmr

Jan 25, 2012
Wisconsin
I attempted to make an odin flashable tarball by dd'ing modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin, and followed rwilco12's tutorial to package the images into the tar.md5. Unfortunately, when I flashed with odin, it failed due to security check failure of apnhlos (also failed using heimdall - error during protocol initiation).

It seems @Unknownforce, experienced this issue before, but unfortunately I couldn't find the solution he came up with anywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am very much a beginner and have no experience or expertise in this area, I just wanted to take the initiative to make a flashable NG2 tar and give back to the community a little.

Last edited:

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I attempted to make an odin flashable tarball by dd'ing modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin, and followed rwilco12's tutorial to package the images into the tar.md5. Unfortunately, when I flashed with odin, it failed due to security check failure of apnhlos (also failed using heimdall - error during protocol initiation).

It seems @Unknownforce, experienced this issue before, but unfortunately I couldn't find the solution he came up with anywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am very much a beginner and have no experience or expertise in this area, I just wanted to take the initiative to make a flashable NG2 tar and give back to the community a little.

When you make a dd copy of a partition, theres padding at the end in the form of trailing zeroes. In order for you to successfully make a Odin flashable partition without getting the secure check fail message, you must strip the trailing zeroes using a hex editor. You can see an example of this in my thread here where I talk about doing this to aboot.

mxmr

Jan 25, 2012
Wisconsin
When you make a dd copy of a partition, theres padding at the end in the form of trailing zeroes. In order for you to successfully make a Odin flashable partition without getting the secure check fail message, you must strip the trailing zeroes using a hex editor. You can see an example of this in my thread here where I talk about doing this to aboot.

Awesome thank you for the reply. I will look into this further I appreciate it.

Edit: Thanks again surge, I was able to get it working :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.