Bypass Exchange Security?

Search This thread

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
the easy answer is to use enhanced email, can be found in Google Play. I am using that myself

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
Did you try new Google KitKat email app? Make sure that you install both Email and Exchange 2 email apk.
http://androidcommunity.com/nexus-5...s-android-4-4-google-apps-downloads-20131101/

I think the OP like me wants to bypass the security set by the rules, not the app itself.

the easy answer is to use enhanced email, can be found in Google Play. I am using that myself

Best most money on an app spent!.... NOT...DOESN'T WORK IN MY CASE...
And you know 15 minutes are not enough to even try it due to the options and testing and hoping. Bought it long ago. In my case it didn't work...:(

Company has its own app. And another 2 apps checking if the app is admin etc.

Only thing that could be done is either to input the pass automatically when I unlock the phone. Maybe something via xposed. And add a second screen unlock option.

Somewhat like the iPhone jailbreak has it...loved the security bypass plus android pattern unlock....

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
I think the OP like me wants to bypass the security set by the rules, not the app itself.

Best most money on an app spent!.... NOT...DOESN'T WORK IN MY CASE...
And you know 15 minutes are not enough to even try it due to the options and testing and hoping. Bought it long ago. In my case it didn't work...:(

Company has its own app. And another 2 apps checking if the app is admin etc.

Only thing that could be done is either to input the pass automatically when I unlock the phone. Maybe something via xposed. And add a second screen unlock option.

Somewhat like the iPhone jailbreak has it...loved the security bypass plus android pattern unlock....

It depends obviously then on how the exchange server is configured. In my case e-email bypasses the security demands from the exchange server completely. When I had my HTC sensation, I used a mod you can find in the HTC sensation development, search for exchange - there is also something about using it with other phones.

fireworksordie

Dec 12, 2010
see this post for files/kudos: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47063058&postcount=406

however, you don't need to push via ADB or anything:
1) uninstall your current email and exchange apks (via titanium backup or something similar)
2) either wipe dalvik cache or delete the associated email and exchange odex files in /data/dalvik-cache
3) install the 2 APKs (i usually install exchange first, then email)
4) setup your email

been working perfectly for me for the past week.

EDIT: this is the new 4.4 email/exchange, btw, with the gmail-style interface. it's fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonekb13

w0rdie

Jan 26, 2007
Austin, TX
I would really like to find a way to dodge the lockscreen and other policies that are enforced by Exchange. I don't want to use the KK email.

tlbland0426

Jul 25, 2012
Portland, IN
I use an app called Keystore Unlocker from the play store...must be rooted. You can skip the step adding a VPN and it will still work.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

w0rdie

Jan 26, 2007
Austin, TX
I use an app called Keystore Unlocker from the play store...must be rooted. You can skip the step adding a VPN and it will still work.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Can you explain the process? I've got the app and have it set up but I'm not entirely sure that I understand what it's doing...

The policies are still in place.

tlbland0426

Jul 25, 2012
Portland, IN
Can you explain the process? I've got the app and have it set up but I'm not entirely sure that I understand what it's doing...

The policies are still in place.

If you are just trying to get past the pin/password requirement this app stores it so you don't have to enter it when unlocking your phone. Not sure if it works for PIN security but it works for PASSWORD security.
Follow these steps:
1. Open app and click on Credentials store password (enter your lockscreen password)
2. Click Try to unlock
3. Check Auto Unlock
4. Click VPN w/o password for >=4.0
5. On the next screen click on # 3. Press Here (to remove phone lock)

That should do it and remove the lockscreen password that exchange forces you to use.

fireworksordie

Dec 12, 2010
I would really like to find a way to dodge the lockscreen and other policies that are enforced by Exchange. I don't want to use the KK email.

real quick- you do realize that the kitkat email that i posted is in fact modded to dodge those policies, yes? that was why i posted it. install them, set up your account - it will still tell you "your account needs some extra settings" blah, but it won't actually enforce them.

if you're talking about wanting to use the LG email app, well, i don't believe anyone has made a mod for that. i find the new kitkat email app superior anyways, so if you're willing to try it, that is a solution.

Last edited:

Soundchasr

Mar 24, 2011
real quick- you do realize that the kitkat email that i posted is in fact modded to dodge those policies, yes? that was why i posted it. install them, set up your account - it will still tell you "your account needs some extra settings" blah, but it won't actually enforce them.

if you're talking about wanting to use the LG email app, well, i don't believe anyone has made a mod for that. i find the new kitkat email app superior anyways, so if you're willing to try it, that is a solution.

Thanks! Looks like it's time for me to install a recovery then. :D

fireworksordie

Dec 12, 2010
Thanks! Looks like it's time for me to install a recovery then. :D

You technically shouldn't need to in order to set it up, but it's not a bad idea to make a nandroid. And it'll make the dalvik wipe/odex removal easier. That part may not even be necessary, but I had some issues the first time installing it where Exchange Services started force closing repeatedly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone figured out how to bypass Exchange security on the G2?

Thanks!

Would like to know this too. In the meantime search for an xposed mod. Notification mod. This one allows you to use the notification pulldown.

Helps a lot.

see this post for files/kudos: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47063058&postcount=406

however, you don't need to push via ADB or anything:
    1) uninstall your current email and exchange apks (via titanium backup or something similar)
    2) either wipe dalvik cache or delete the associated email and exchange odex files in /data/dalvik-cache
    3) install the 2 APKs (i usually install exchange first, then email)
    4) setup your email

been working perfectly for me for the past week.

EDIT: this is the new 4.4 email/exchange, btw, with the gmail-style interface. it's fantastic.