[Q] Flashing Omega 7.1 on the Note 3

Search This thread

Mandirigma

Jan 29, 2014
Cagayan de Oro
Hello everyone, I've been an android fan for a long time but have only recently gotten my first smartphone- a Note 3.

Anyway, I flashed the Poland 4.4.2 a few days ago and I've afraid to flash Omega well basically I'm new to all of this.

Questions:
1. Do I need an sdcard to flash Omega 7.1? I currently don't have one and will be unable to get one for maybe at least a month.
2. I honestly love TW except for a few features it has that I don't use. So just to be clear, when I flash Omega 7.1 will I have the ability to select which TW apps(s-note,s-pen,etc) to install and not install(s-health,etc)?
3. I have TB installed and I am rooted. I have periodically made backups of all my application data. Will performing a full wipe remove the backups?(Knowing that I currently don't have an sdcard). Do I need to save TB backups on my desktop then?
4. What course of action do you guys recommend I should take to have the best possible and most error free experience with Omega 7.1 I should take?No wipe or full wipe? Will no wipe retain all my data?Application, phonebook,messages?I assume full wipe means all data will be lost.

Thank you for those who will be able to help and answer my queries especially those experienced with the Omega rom.

I tried searching the forums regarding the questions I have but I couldn't find them so resorting to posting a separate thread.

More power to the XDA Community! :good:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hello everyone, I've been an android fan for a long time but have only recently gotten my first smartphone- a Note 3.

Anyway, I flashed the Poland 4.4.2 a few days ago and I've afraid to flash Omega well basically I'm new to all of this.

Questions:
1. Do I need an sdcard to flash Omega 7.1? I currently don't have one and will be unable to get one for maybe at least a month.
2. I honestly love TW except for a few features it has that I don't use. So just to be clear, when I flash Omega 7.1 will I have the ability to select which TW apps(s-note,s-pen,etc) to install and not install(s-health,etc)?
3. I have TB installed and I am rooted. I have periodically made backups of all my application data. Will performing a full wipe remove the backups?(Knowing that I currently don't have an sdcard). Do I need to save TB backups on my desktop then?
4. What course of action do you guys recommend I should take to have the best possible and most error free experience with Omega 7.1 I should take?No wipe or full wipe? Will no wipe retain all my data?Application, phonebook,messages?I assume full wipe means all data will be lost.

Thank you for those who will be able to help and answer my queries especially those experienced with the Omega rom.

I tried searching the forums regarding the questions I have but I couldn't find them so resorting to posting a separate thread.

• Nope no need for an extSD card.(advisable to get one incase of mishaps) - Just don't wipe internal memory if you plan to flash directly from your internal SD!
  • All TW functions are intact unless ROM Dev says otherwise - Aroma set up wizard will guide you through.. and those you don't want you can freeze with TiB
  • You can use TB fixer to restore your backups without issue
  • Full wipe all the way, fixes 99% of any potential issues

Reactions: Mandirigma

Mandirigma

Jan 29, 2014
Cagayan de Oro
  • Nope no need for an extSD card.(advisable to get one incase of mishaps) - Just don't wipe internal memory if you plan to flash directly from your internal SD!
  • All TW functions are intact unless ROM Dev says otherwise - Aroma set up wizard will guide you through.. and those you don't want you can freeze with TiB

Wow that was fast.

Clarification:
is TB fixer an app?or a TB functionality? I haven't really played with TB yet. Will it be much easier if I made backups and then just store the backups on my pc and then do a full wipe and then restore the backups after flashing Omega? I find that the most straightforward approach but then again, things might be different in the Android community :)

y2kkingboy

Feb 16, 2012
Milwaukee
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Wow that was fast.

Clarification:
is TB fixer an app?or a TB functionality? I haven't really played with TB yet. Will it be much easier if I made backups and then just store the backups on my PC and then do a full wipe and then restore the backups after flashing Omega? I find that the most straightforward approach but then again, things might be different in the Android community :)

A full wipe will not delete internal or external memory cards' data. It will just remove personal system data. Nevertheless, it is not a bad idea to have a copy elsewhere.
I always make a copy in my external memory card and do what ever I want with the device with the external memory out just in case. and then put it back in when done.

The TB fixer is included (I believe) with Omega 7.1. I strongly recommend a full wipe.

good luck.

Reactions: Mandirigma

Mandirigma

Jan 29, 2014
Cagayan de Oro
A full wipe will not delete internal or external memory cards' data. It will just remove personal system data. Nevertheless, it is not a bad idea to have a copy elsewhere.
I always make a copy in my external memory card and do what ever I want with the device with the external memory out just in case. and then put it back in when done.

The TB fixer is included (I believe) with Omega 7.1. I strongly recommend a full wipe.

good luck.

Ahh,thank you for that. The terminologies scare me as of now and what they actually implied since it'll be a pain in the ass recovering the data I have. I will perform a full backup with TB and will make a copy to my desktop just in case since I don't have an external memory yet mimicking what you do with making a copy to your extSD and taking it out.

I am now downloading the necessary stuff. I will post an update later.

thank you for the responses guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Questions:

Wow that was fast.

Clarification:
    is TB fixer an app?or a TB functionality? I haven't really played with TB yet. Will it be much easier if I made backups and then just store the backups on my PC and then do a full wipe and then restore the backups after flashing Omega? I find that the most straightforward approach but then again, things might be different in the Android community :)

good luck.