Wildfire Froyo 2.2 Android RUU - Full

Search This thread

heady2k

Feb 16, 2009
Hi all,

for all folks who need or want a clean new install of Froyo for the Wildfire / Buzz HTC Phone

-> take this Link

This Version works great on my Wildfire, debranded one...
I upgraded it with a Goldcard (just to be sure)
don't forget to deactivate your Anti-Virus Progs & Firewall!

Connect via USB & Flash it! :cool:

HAVE FUN!

-> Care that all Data (except SD Card) will be erased!!

bassmonkey

Jun 10, 2010
That's what ruu's are :)
I'm still holding off tho. To the poster... Do u know where this came from? Have u tried it?

even the most talented devs were noobs once... so there's hope for the rest of us! :)

bassmonkey

Jun 10, 2010
Just installed this RUU and it works very well :)

Seriously, no offence, and I really do mean that, but u joined less than an hour after I commented and I'm paranoid (android) :) anyone else or the poster confirm?
I'm on 1.37... in uk on debranded wildfire and have tried flashing the 1.37 ruu and checking for updates but no ota for me :(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

nicky041192

May 31, 2010
Seriously, no offence, and I really do mean that, but u joined less than an hour after I commented and I'm paranoid (android) :) anyone else or the poster confirm?
I'm on 1.37... in uk on debranded wildfire and have tried flashing the 1.37 ruu and checking for updates but no ota for me :(

i tried and i had no problem. MY wildfire is smoother and faster and has new features :D

all you do is download the RUU, plug your wildfire in your PC making sure that debugging mode is enabled. Run the RUU and let it do it's thing.

sam_8085

May 29, 2010
Thanks for this mod, I'm a real noob in this. I have few questions

1. Before flashing with this new Version, How do I backup complete OS (Just in case some thing went wrong)
2. Before installing, You said "Connect via USB & Flash it!". What type of connection we have to select (as it prompts to select)
3. Is this version is official from Android or by any other Developers group ?

Thanks in advance !

sam_8085

May 29, 2010
1 if you not rooted you can't backup, if rooted use rommanager
2 charging is fine
3 ruu and ota are official

Thanks for quick reply, I would like to be little bit clear at this

Just 2 days before I have bought Wildfire with Android 2.1, as menctioned to root it before backup. what is the best method to root as we have lot of methods in development section. which one will be a sugested ? Is there any clear tutorial availibel for n00bs ?

Last edited:

sam_8085

May 29, 2010
can i know what 'data' are erased? what about phone contacts, pictures, apps, notes?

Mostly which do not belong to SD card will be erased.

Get the following tool "Sprite Backup" use it and backup all your data (Contacts,Call logs, MMS, SMS.. etc.....)

Use the same tool to restore after the update. if you need this tool I can provide u ....

I tried to install this on my Wildfire, it took few mns and gave me this msg.

ERROR [131]: CUSTOMER ID ERROR

12-21-201012-58-43PM.png

ERROR Description.
One of these error messages will appear when you use the wrong RUU to do the update. The RUU will check if the Model ID and Language ID are compatible with the Android phone. Make sure you use the correct RUU to update

What Should I do now ?

Last edited:
Reactions: :Mania:

heady2k

Feb 16, 2009
I installed it...stop being paranoid!
Its the official one...
131 may you have a branded phone and no goldcard?
Google it how to create one.
Have fun!

heady2k

Feb 16, 2009
And all data means all data!
Except the sd card!
You have to read!

Max19

Dec 21, 2010
I am super n00b in this, I am bought the Wildfire today, the guys in the store suggested to update the phone to froyo but its a bit expensive(65 bucks).
Can I update my device using this RUU? the phone is fresh new I haven't installed anything on it yet.

Skye Menjou

Jul 16, 2009
IF you are in the Europe region just connect to Wifi, Go to settings > about > System updates > Check now.
This only works if your phone isn't branded to a network like Vodafone.

bassmonkey

Jun 10, 2010
i tried and i had no problem. MY wildfire is smoother and faster and has new features :D

all you do is download the RUU, plug your wildfire in your PC making sure that debugging mode is enabled. Run the RUU and let it do it's thing.

Thanks

even the most talented devs were noobs once... so there's hope for the rest of us! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can i know what 'data' are erased? what about phone contacts, pictures, apps, notes?

Mostly which do not belong to SD card will be erased.

Get the following tool "Sprite Backup" use it and backup all your data (Contacts,Call logs, MMS, SMS.. etc.....)

Use the same tool to restore after the update. if you need this tool I can provide u ....

I tried to install this on my Wildfire, it took few mns and gave me this msg.

ERROR [131]: CUSTOMER ID ERROR

12-21-201012-58-43PM.png

ERROR Description.
    One of these error messages will appear when you use the wrong RUU to do the update. The RUU will check if the Model ID and Language ID are compatible with the Android phone. Make sure you use the correct RUU to update

What Should I do now ?