Yahoo! Mail setup

Search This thread
May 7, 2010
I have searched and searched, tried and tried, but cannot get my yahoo email on my phone. What can I do? I have not had any luck at all. Where can I find step by step instructions? Thanks in advance.

dtboos

Dec 22, 2009
incoming email server:
winmo.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:1

outgoing server
winmo.smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465:1

When you setup the yahoo account, click the manual server setup button or whatever its called and put these in there.

Which country are you in?

FlowerPotmen

Jan 23, 2011
Aberdeen
Also if your on the paid version of Yahoo mail, use the plus.

Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com
Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo Plus Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
Yahoo Plus Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

May 7, 2010
I am located in the USA. I have AT&T service. I upgraded from windows mobile 6.5 in which I had the same problem. I just learned to deal with it with the 6.5 but now as I am paying all this money each month I want what I pay for and I can't get my Yahoo email then I don't feel that I should have to pay.

I put these in exactly as they are here, but I still get an error.

incoming email server:

outgoing server

What else can I do?

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006

Why do you want to use POP mail when WP7 already supports IMAP for Yahoo mail? BTW, Yahoo already fixed their IMAP server so data usage should not be a problem anymore.

dtboos

Dec 22, 2009
I am located in the USA. I have AT&T service. I upgraded from windows mobile 6.5 in which I had the same problem. I just learned to deal with it with the 6.5 but now as I am paying all this money each month I want what I pay for and I can't get my Yahoo email then I don't feel that I should have to pay.

I put these in exactly as they are here, but I still get an error.

incoming email server:

outgoing server

What else can I do?

Hmm....I'm not sure. I haven't had any issues with my Yahoo setup the 3 times I've done it. Try removing the account, restarting your phone, and going through the setup again. If that doesn't work, when you go to add an account, go to "add other" and try it that way. Other than that, I'm not sure why it isn't working.

May 7, 2010
I found the problem! After calling AT&T, Yahoo, & LG,:mad: I found the problem! I had a space in my password. I changed my password online and put the new password on the phone and it worked! So take note of this:

NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN PASSWORD WHEN SETTING UP YAHOO ACCOUND ON WP7:rolleyes:

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio

what is the advantage of a paid yahoo acct? Didn't know they even still did paid email accts.

I found the problem! After calling AT&T, Yahoo, & LG,:mad: I found the problem! I had a space in my password. I changed my password online and put the new password on the phone and it worked! So take note of this:

NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN PASSWORD WHEN SETTING UP YAHOO ACCOUND ON WP7:rolleyes:

Interesting. Very suprised yahoo would let you use a space in your password, most won't.
Glad you got it figured out.

Reactions: christianboy_83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

what is the advantage of a paid yahoo acct? Didn't know they even still did paid email accts.

Interesting. Very suprised yahoo would let you use a space in your password, most won't.
    Glad you got it figured out.