[BOOT & DOWN ANIMATIONS][SPLASH IMAGES] For View (Taking requests!)

Search This thread

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Dude....that's so awesome. I love it! I wanted that on my vibrant forever but couldn't find anyone to do it for me. I even tried to do it myself by reading how-tos on creating boot animations but couldn't get it figured out. You got skills man....great work.

Question....I am rooted but waiting to put a custom ROM on. Just got my View 2 days ago so I'm still tryin to decide if I like sense etc. Can I just place the animation .zip in the correct folder manually and replace the boot animation that comes stock? Rather than flash a custom ROM and use your tool? I love the tool and I'm sure I will use it but for now can I do it manually by replacing the stock .zip boot animation file with the animation you made?

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA

lol my friend i made it so simple all it takes is a click. All u need is a kernel that has superuser on at all times or a custom rom

or

you can extract the file, copy the sprint_bootanimation to /system/customize/resource/

and

copy the default.xml to /system/customize/CID/

GoodVibrant-ions

Jan 26, 2011
Columbus, Oh
Lol.....I know. I have to be difficult. No....great work man and I'll be using the one click method very soon. I just don't have a custom kernel flashed yet. I'm sure it won't be long before I do but until then I just wanted to make sure I could do it the hard way.

And recommendations for a good rom to start with? I'm on stock gingerbread. Trying to figure out where to go first.

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Lol.....I know. I have to be difficult. No....great work man and I'll be using the one click method very soon. I just don't have a custom kernel flashed yet. I'm sure it won't be long before I do but until then I just wanted to make sure I could do it the hard way.

And recommendations for a good rom to start with? I'm on stock gingerbread. Trying to figure out where to go first.

I would have recommended Viperrom...but I am sad to say he has lost my affection on the view... to many problems and no fixes/attention...

I would recommend u upgrade to HC...god i never thought i would say that...

the hardware lights work now and u can get rid of the bar at the bottom;-)

in the case of HC i would recommend Cypherrom

Reactions: GoodVibrant-ions

GoodVibrant-ions

Jan 26, 2011
Columbus, Oh
Thanks for the tip man...that's good info. So I need to flash to the ota HC before going to cypherom.....is that correct? I can't just go stock GB to cypherom? I appreciate the help man.

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Thanks for the tip man...that's good info. So I need to flash to the ota HC before going to cypherom.....is that correct? I can't just go stock GB to cypherom? I appreciate the help man. <br />
<br />

Once you are on GB s-off then do option 4 on my tool to update to hc. You HAVE to do that FIRST BEFORE flashing any roms. It updates ur hboot.

Using my awesome EVO 3D! While working! shh..

Reactions: GoodVibrant-ions

GoodVibrant-ions

Jan 26, 2011
Columbus, Oh
Awesome. That's what I thought. Thanks man. It's people like you that make XDA great. Everyone has their own expertise and I'm glad you own a View.....makes the transition from one Android machine to another much easier.

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
If you want, rename the animation you have to sprint_bootanimation.zip navigate to the /system/customize/resources and just replace the one in there. I believe that works. Otherwise you can always just take the zip file of the rom you're using and add it there with winrar and then flash the rom. That's how I do it with my rom.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
If you want, rename the animation you have to sprint_bootanimation.zip navigate to the /system/customize/resources and just replace the one in there. I believe that works. Otherwise you can always just take the zip file of the rom you're using and add it there with winrar and then flash the rom. That's how I do it with my rom.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

well u r correct but missing some info. U need to change the desc file to the views height and width and compress it again in "store" mode....or u can just send it to me and i can re-size everything and fix the desc file to work ;-)

elrayray

Dec 30, 2011
Request

How about the anti-bootscreen? Something that gives you a scrolling log of the modules, drivers, etc. loading would be cool, I think. Is this even possible?

schadenfroh

Apr 24, 2012
i made an edited version of the bootscreen on the CleverNameHere rom if anyone wants it

filedropper.com/sprintbootanimation

Top Liked Posts