Android v3.2 for the Galaxy Tab 10.1v confirmed by Vodafone

Search This thread

SjPedro22

Apr 2, 2011
I can't play the blaming game here but if I were to play it, Vodafone wouldn't be where I would point my finger.... It would be Samsung for not providing support to their product and neglecting it when launching the other 10.1 and disregarding this tablet as if it was never produced.
Vodafone can only assure network services (3g,4g, calls, texts,etc)
Samsung is the only responsible for device servicing

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
I can't play the blaming game here but if I were to play it, Vodafone wouldn't be where I would point my finger.... It would be Samsung for not providing support to their product and neglecting it when launching the other 10.1 and disregarding this tablet as if it was never produced.
Vodafone can only assure network services (3g,4g, calls, texts,etc)
Samsung is the only responsible for device servicing

You could blame Samsung but you would be wrong. If Vodaphone had wanted ICS on the 10.1v, there would be ICS on the 10.1v. Simple as that.

Quite probably Vodaphone just doesn't care because they didn't sell enough of them.

SjPedro22

Apr 2, 2011
You could blame Samsung but you would be wrong. If Vodaphone had wanted ICS on the 10.1v, there would be ICS on the 10.1v. Simple as that.

Quite probably Vodaphone just doesn't care because they didn't sell enough of them.

I don't see how Vodafone would have anything to do with it since it's not their job to develop software.
Sure they could pressure Samsung and what good would come out of it? None because Samsung doesn't give in to "peer-pressure"
Vodafone's prime directive is to provide services and make sure the devices they sell work with their network. The moment something happens, they report back to Samsung with the issue which proceeds to the actual fix.

Vodafone makes most of it's money with the services and not with the devices...that's Samsung's turf. Just a small percentage goes to Vodafone and not a very significant one.

From the economic point-of-view, Vodafone doesn't win anything with pressuring Samsung in launching ICS to the Galaxy Tab 7100. And Samsung is launching this update so that their contract of providing updates within 2 years is met. This update is basically a big "shut up" shout to Vodafone and their clients.
And they won't launch ICS to it because this device is not being sold anymore so there is no point (on an economic point of view) to launch ICS.

In conclusion: Vodafone can't do anything and Samsung doesn't give a rat's ass ;)

madjose

Apr 7, 2012
I don't see how Vodafone would have anything to do with it since it's not their job to develop software.
Sure they could pressure Samsung and what good would come out of it? None because Samsung doesn't give in to "peer-pressure"
Vodafone's prime directive is to provide services and make sure the devices they sell work with their network. The moment something happens, they report back to Samsung with the issue which proceeds to the actual fix.

Vodafone makes most of it's money with the services and not with the devices...that's Samsung's turf. Just a small percentage goes to Vodafone and not a very significant one.

From the economic point-of-view, Vodafone doesn't win anything with pressuring Samsung in launching ICS to the Galaxy Tab 7100. And Samsung is launching this update so that their contract of providing updates within 2 years is met. This update is basically a big "shut up" shout to Vodafone and their clients.
And they won't launch ICS to it because this device is not being sold anymore so there is no point (on an economic point of view) to launch ICS.

In conclusion: Vodafone can't do anything and Samsung doesn't give a rat's ass ;)

in other words ,we are f#ck!!!:mad:

SjPedro22

Apr 2, 2011
in what official support is concerned....yes we are

but I have faith in the custom rom development. they haven't let us down yet ;)

madjose

Apr 7, 2012
"Vodafone China and Vodafone UK have now got ICS on S2. Any update on AUS S2 ICS?" from Australia vodafone forum
OK the "vision's "are starting again..:D:D:D
we are going to see another lunatic saying "i received ics on 10.1v by mistake":p:p

GaryWS

Mar 7, 2012
I am amazed at the way that vodafone has handled this. Completely unprofessional. There was no point in getting everyone's hopes up unless they were on the verge of releasing it.

I am pretty happy with the 10.1v on ics but I do wish I had the camera back. It is a reasonable camera on this thing. The one irk I have is the lack of accessories...

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu

Dude, the 10.1v is not like any other branded device. This is not like for example a Galaxy S2 on Vodaphone - in which case you would be correct. This doesn't happen often, actually aside from the 10.1v I only know of a number of Sprint devices that have been sold in this way. In this case, Samsung will provide updates only when Vodaphone pays them to. But why do I even bother, you don't listen anyway.

Last edited:

madjose

Apr 7, 2012
Dude, the 10.1v is not like any other branded device. This is not like for example a Galaxy S2 on Vodaphone - in which case you would be correct. This doesn't happen often, actually aside from the 10.1v I only know of a number of Sprint devices that have been sold in this way. In this case, Samsung will provide updates only when Vodaphone pays them to. But why do I even bother, you don't listen anyway.

I knew this was a special device,but if we depend on vodafone paying anything we are f#ck!!!!
one thing i know it was vodafone that lied to me when afirm that that the 10.1v was going to get the same suport as the
"the new one".
one thing vodafone will never gonna see again.MY MONEY!!
p.s. i turned my boss head to change 32 business nunbers ,not vodafone any more...

hebbe

Feb 21, 2008
Update 19/04/2012: Due to a testing issue in another market, this update has been further delayed. We now expect roll-out to take place at some point during the week of the 23rd of April. We will update you when more information is known.

http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1v-android-3-2-1-update/

no comment...

and they don't learn their lessons. if i promise a release date in the near future, and then i have to postpone everytime, i would promise a date further in the future which i'm able to keep.

thewill89

Mar 27, 2012
It is just me or does this excuse not make sense. If there was a problem in one country, why just not roll it out to all the others and fix that one next week?

Apr 27, 2008
Belzig
I think the point lies in the fact that there is only one firmware for all countries. So I can understand that the rollout will begin only when everything is working.

SjPedro22

Apr 2, 2011
I just have to say this. Kudos to the guy that posted the "rant" and to Vodafone who were extremely straightforward about the whole deal and maybe this will culminate in the roll out of the update

madjose

Apr 7, 2012
Well ,i have to say that this is whow to treat custumers properly !!!!
shoud set a standart to global vodafone
who wants to be a early adopter again...???

Top Liked Posts