The Official "Get Something Off Your Chest" Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
that's ****ty man. start keeping your stuff more under watch (like keep keys in your room)..or maybe set up traps so you can catch him

Yeah I've been keeping my keys with me at all times after the 2nd break in. I actually just bought this 2 way Sim bug that I'm going to plant in my car. If it hears a noise it will call your phone and let you hear what's going on. Just gotta get a GSM prepaid Sim and I'm good to go. Now I just gotta bait him with a something.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

demmo86rt

Sep 26, 2010
Brentwood, CA
Guess I need to vent a little. I don't understand how drug addiction consumes people's lives. The only drug I've used is marijuana on rare occasions. And I consume alcohol maybe once or twice a month: and yes alcohol is a drug. But I digress... the point I'm trying to make is about my brother.

He suffers a chronic illness known as crohn's disease. It affects your intestines and you have to stick to a very diligent diet or else you will be in pain. Honestly, my family and I had no idea about it because he never gave any indication that he was in pain, but I guess the pain can get very bad. So he smokes weed to alleviate some of the symptoms. Also he was adopted, both his parents were in drug rehab and my dad decided to take him when he was born. I honestly think that there is a genetic predisposition to drug-dependency. I know he's tried other drugs like shrooms, acid, cocaine, prescription drugs; and I'm sure much more.

It's really hurting my whole family, especially my dad. I just don't know what to do anymore. He lives on his own and I have a sneaking suspicion is stealing from me. I live at home with my dad as I commute to school and two times my car has been broken into. The kicker is that I have keyless entry and an alarm system. There was no sign of forced entry, nothing broken. The only way someone would have been able to get in is with the keys and I usually leave them downstairs while I sleep. My brother also has a key to the house so it's possible he could have went into the house and took my keys, took stuff out of my car, then put the keys back. It kills me to think it, but it's honestly the only explination I can think of.

What was stolen was my 300 dollar radar detector, $300 gps, beats headphones, bunch of change, and a baton I kept in the door. I don't know how to confront him about it and I really don't want to because I'd feel awful if it weren't true. I have no idea what to do about it. I honestly don't trust him anymore, though, and it really bothers me that I feel this way. I don't want to sound like a selfish, materialistic ass, but it bothers me that my car got stolen the way it did.

At least if someone smashed in the windows or something I'd know how, but not knowing how the person got in is really the thing that bothers me the most. Doesn't make me feel safe.

I bet at this point you're wishing you had **** your pants and your girlfriend left you. But seriously, that sucks, and I get what you mean about not feeling safe.

My gripe? I'd like to be able to eat solid food again. Something's got my stomach all messed up, spent half the night sitting on the toilet, the other half curled up in pain. Getting better, but I would much rather eat leftover pizza than soup for dinner.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
Yeah I've been keeping my keys with me at all times after the 2nd break in. I actually just bought this 2 way Sim bug that I'm going to plant in my car. If it hears a noise it will call your phone and let you hear what's going on. Just gotta get a GSM prepaid Sim and I'm good to go. Now I just gotta bait him with a something.

This is odd but I recently purchased a wireless camera with Mic and infrared for about 100 bucks, it could be hooked up to a VCR and you can record everything
I'm not sure if it's in your budget but it's a good option

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
Drug addiction is almost impossible to understand from a rational viewpoint. It is something that can be treated though. My nieces husband has Crohns and it is horrible.
If he is genetically predisposed to addiction and has a painful chronic condition then becoming dependent on opiates is very likely and the horror of withdrawal could most certainly drive him to do such a thing. He needs help

a bad seed

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
This is odd but I recently purchased a wireless camera with Mic and infrared for about 100 bucks, it could be hooked up to a VCR and you can record everything
I'm not sure if it's in your budget but it's a good option

Hmmm... Might be a little out of my
Budget. The Sim bug only cost 18 dollars and I think should be sufficient.

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
I'm really pissed off at all the developers who spend loads of their personal time crafting beautiful roms for the community and asking for a simple "thanks" in return. Seriously, I have to thank you for all the countless hours you've spent slaving over code? What a load of bull****!!

In case you couldn't tell this is extreme sarcasm ;)

LOL, how about posters who buy HTC phones & then spend every waking minute *****ing about how much they hate Sense.........

I guess I could be considered on of them, although I don't ***** about it constantly. I bought the Rezound for the hardware it has inside of it, not because of the the Sense UI. You can always change the launcher of your phone, but you can't change the hardware of your phone. I actually love the look of Sense, it's the dock (rosie?) I abhor. I've always had a dock with a clear background and at least four apps that I use multiple times a day. Previous to ICS the dock was completely useless since you only had the phone in there and one more app of your choosing. ICS was a little better by giving you space for four apps and a frosted background compared to the ugly black half-moon dock. I just want an AOSP rom so I don't have to deal with all of the wasted space that comes with not using Sense. (Almost) every phone out there has a custom interface/launcher, so if you want a vanilla Android launcher are you stuck with buying just a Nexus device, even though it has ****ty hardware? Your line of thinking is comparable to not buying a house because you don't like the wallpaper in it.

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
Really? HTML is easy.
Hey! There will be no cutting down of a person in this thread... This is meant for venting.

Drug addiction is almost impossible to understand from a rational viewpoint. It is something that can be treated though. My nieces husband has Crohns and it is horrible.
If he is genetically predisposed to addiction and has a painful chronic condition then becoming dependent on opiates is very likely and the horror of withdrawal could most certainly drive him to do such a thing. He needs help

a bad seed

He's had countless opportunities of help. That's the worst part. He's been to drug rehabilitation programs two different times before he turned 18. My father, mother(who are now separated), sister and I have all helped him numerous times in our own ways. I just don't think he wants to change. I honestly just don't think he cares about himself and how he lives. It's just a shame. Can't help someone that doesn't want to help themselves.

Last edited:

putney1477

Feb 21, 2011
Concord, NH
Once they go to the restroom on their own, your golden..

I agree! My 3 year old has been potty trained for a year, and its awesome! Well, except when we are on the road and says mommy, I have to go potty.....heehee

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I've got one last random frustration before this thread gets closed.
I've been a car audio installer for 7 years now and it seems like every day I here the same thing.
Customer: how much to install x?
Me: it costs Y and takes Z amount of time.
Customer: why so much, why so long, its easy all you have to is...
If its so darn easy why are you standing in front of me asking me how to do it. And second do you tell your plumber or roofer how easy their job is and what you think it should cost?

I hear you on this one, my husband is a painter. When I met him, I was like, oh so you paint, like slap paint on the walls, no biggie.

Then I worked for him for a week......its not just painting, its all the prep work, moving furniture, patching, sanding, vacuuming, caulking, prime and paint 2 coats, oh and then you have to put the furniture back!

I have learned alot from him. LOL

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

And wtf is up with all the little useless pillows women feel the need to have on the bed? I wouldn't even make my bed if my wife didn't make me

a bad seed

haha, we have some of those useless pillows, I am the wife, and let me tell you, they are useless! HAHA, and yes in our house the bed would not get made, if I didn't make it. sigh......

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

And what's with doing the dishes. Its never ending. My girls been out of town got a week, so naturally I haven't done the dishes for a week. Shes's gonna be PISSED when she gets home tomorrow.

You could throw them out...LOL, thats what my husbands always saying to do.....ah screw the dishes, throw them out LOL

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Just having fun. Forget there are women on here :eek:

a bad seed

heehee, I think its great :) As long as you guys don't take it to heart when we do our thing ;)

Its good to have a sence of humor.

Reactions: fernando sor

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
Hey! There will be no cutting down of a person in this thread... This is meant for venting.

He's had countless opportunities of help. That's the worst part. He's been to drug rehabilitation programs two different times before he turned 18. My father, mother(who are now separated), sister and I have all helped him numerous times in our own ways. I just don't think he wants to change. I honestly just don't think he cares about himself and how he lives. It's just a shame. Can't help someone that doesn't want to help themselves.

That sucks. I was the addict in the family and my family had to let go finally and let me do my thing. Sober now and its awesome.
And i don't enable guys I help believe me. You have to want it

a bad seed

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
That sucks. I was the addict in the family and my family had to let go finally and let me do my thing. Sober now and its awesome.
And i don't enable guys I help believe me. You have to want it

a bad seed

Yeah that's the problem. I wish my father would see that. He literally just lost his job and pretty much told my dad he was moving himself back in. He knows my dad well always help him so he thinks his actions don't have consequences. My dad has gotten him out of a lot of situations with with the law attributed to his drug use. My dad is also very religious so that is another reason why he can't let him go.

Khayos

Jul 8, 2011
GA
I'm tired of having to read all the whining, *****ing & moaning in the Rezound forums lately (Ironic I know).

Stop jumping on people because they may have accidently posted in the wrong place. Don't jump on someone just because you think their idea is crap, someone else may find it interesting.

It's really starting to get like the old irc servers around here. And it's not just users doing it, some Devs are just as guilty.

If you don't like something someone has posted move on.

Users & Devs /modders etc, we need each other.

I could go on but I wont.

/rant

Life is way too short for all the bs, trust me.

:)

ijustwantmydock

Aug 10, 2011
Salt Lake City
I'm pissed that my phones been overheating and I kind of burnt out the screen so I have to use stock for the next week

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

nolimitzr2

Nov 8, 2010
CT
Hey we need a confession thread too :)

Ok ill admit I was a bad boy tonight at bar.....not my fault she followed me into the bathroom.

:cool:

Reactions: an-dru

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
I have something that's been bothering me for awhile
I met my girlfriend at my job, (I work at sonic as a manager) oddly enough right before I became a manager and signed all the paperwork stating that I won't date employees
Anyway there's this guy I work with, he was the one who trained me and he knows about "us". He got sent off to another location where he was going to be trained as a gm. He got sent off from that store to open a new sonic, he left there soon after He finally came back to this location but since then I've moved up a position and I'm the 1st assistant and he's just a shift manager now
So now he has major problems with the fact that I'm 19 and I'm his boss, I can't do anything about it because I'm afraid he will turn me in. So he expects me to do all his work for him, he just sits on his ass while I run the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note to Mods: If this is completely against the rules feel free to close. I apologize for wasting space and completely understand.

With that being said, I have noticed a lot of hate and off topics posts going a lot in this community: especially in the development thread. Why guys? It's getting to the point where we are pushing away really great developers. Here's a couple rules that I'd like to share.

2.3 Flaming:
    XDA was founded as a group of people sharing information about certain mobile phones. Sharing does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) it does involve working together to solve problems in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. Losing your temper and flaming another member, or group of members, is not acceptable behavior.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and/or religious discussions:
    XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive, therefore none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

We should be trying to help eachother.... Oh yeah that's another rule...

10. Help others if you can.
    If you see posts from others where you can help out, please do. This place exists because people are helping each other, and even if you are relatively new to the matter, there's probably already quite a few people newer than you that would benefit from what you've learned. Don't be shy.

I understand people all have their personal issues and this can impact their posts. I'm not going to say I'm above it because I've gotten into some heated discussions, too. If you have to let some steam off--let it off in here. I think it will make everyone feel a little better and relieve some hate off other threads.

For example: I was at school the other day and I accidentally sh*t my pants... it was sooo embarassing!!!!!!

or maybe:

My girlfriend cheated on me when she went on summer vacation to cancun!

Those were just examples though... they definitely never happened to me personally or anything.

Disclaimer: Please DO NOT use this thread to start a flame war with other members on xda! This is just meant to get something off your chest and hopefully make you feel a little better. I know it works for me. If you have any issues with a member DON'T POST IT IN HERE!

Forgive me if I wasn't clear before, but this thread is meant to VENT YOUR FRUSTRATIONS! It can be in regards to anything, no matter how immature or stupid it sounds. If another member has an issue with that post, unless it's a personal attack (which I've already stated should not be posted in this thread), please just bite your tongue and let the poster let some stress out. This isn't meant to be a highly intensive, thought provoking thread. This was just meant for personal issues; seems like if it has anything remotely to do with phones people will relate it to xda and take offense.

And again... if Mods feel like this isn't a good idea then I will understand.
    Well said man! While we are on a roll; it really irks me when people get short with the devs for not delivering a release or fix in a timely fashion. These guys have jobs school and family's and still manage to turn out amazing works that they may or may not receive monetary compensation for. Be gracious and grateful to these guys or learn to do it yourself!
    Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
    I had posted this in Android general a few days ago when I was raging. But this seems like the perfect sport for it also. Maybe it'll make people think twice before they pick the easy option of pirating an app.

I'm a fairly active developer for the android platform. I've created a number of kernel patches and applications that I have released at no charge to the community for about 10 or so devices.

All this I do in my "spare time", which I have very little of because I am a full time professional student who takes on 32 credit hour semesters.

Recently, since my 1994 geo prizm is literally falling apart and I was hoping to scrounge together a little bit of money to get a new car so I don't end up stranded on my way to class, I decided to release a paid application. Fastcharge / Force AC toggle which allows you to toggle on and off the force AC feature. A feature which I have personally implemented and released source patches for on a number of devices.

Not only in every thread where I released the patch on a device did I write up how to toggle the feature through the command line, but I also stated that I also implemented a toggle into my completely free application that you can also download from the market, IncrediControl.

In good faith and knowing how annoying licensing is, I elected to not include licensing in my application. This is a huge regret.

Within a couple days of releasing the application to the market I googled it to see if anyone was talking about it. One of the first links was to a piracy site where a user was requesting the widget, to which another user obliged and posted the apk to a filesharing site. Doing something I never though I would have to do, I filed a DMCA takedown request, which was answered quickly and the app was taken down. Monitoring the thread, every single time a link gets taken down, another user requests the app and the original user reuploads it, most recently to 11 different sites.

So now, after filing dozens of takedown requests. This user has decided to unzip my apk, change out the artwork, and now is going around releasing it as his own work.

Really, all this to avoid paying $1.50 (only ~$1 of it actually going to me) to an individual whose yearly income is low enough that he doesn't have to file taxes?

This disgusts me.

This is even worse than the 50% "order cancellation rate" that the widget has. I'm not stupid, I know exactly what users are doing, but yet initially I was willing to ignore it. But this has gone too far.

What is even the point of pissing off a developer so much that he is considering saying screw the platform all together? It doesn't even make sense. We, the developers improve your devices, generally at little or no cost, and this is how we're repaid. With ~50% of current users of the application having pirated it. To avoid paying just over $1.

Now before someone even counters with the "my area doesn't support paid applications" argument I've actually gladly GIVEN the widget away to a number of users who casually mentioned in the release threads that they couldn't download it for this reason. Not to mention, everyone knows there are apps that unlock the market in these areas to be able to purchase apps.

How much more generous can a developer be than to provide source code patches for a feature, provide information on how to toggle the feature, provide a COMPLETELY FREE way to toggle the feature, and then charge a measly $1.50 for a secondary, slightly more convenient way to toggle.

Yet he's repaid like this :rolleyes:.
    Thread closed temporarily while I clean out the crap...be back open in 5 minutes.

Thread cleaned - one troll banned for a while. Let's keep the thread clean now eh ;)
    Thread closed temporarily while I clean out the crap...be back open in 5 minutes.