[ROM] PARANOIDANDROID [CM9HYBRID] Obsolete

Search This thread

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
flash the fix just to be sure. its the same thing though if you go to settings/paranoid/hybrid and says: system default dpi = default. maguro shipped with sys_def_dpi=320 which is crazy. theres a good chance you got this one too. open your camera for instance and see if its mangled (projected to 320 dpi).

Reactions: coolshock1
flash the fix just to be sure. its the same thing though if you go to settings/paranoid/hybrid and says: system default dpi = default. maguro shipped with sys_def_dpi=320 which is crazy. theres a good chance you got this one too. open your camera for instance and see if its mangled (projected to 320 dpi).

Are the GAPPs from the GSM thread Maguro specific? I have a feeling they're not but I'm just curious/don't want to flash something I'd have to go and fix later.
Sorry to ask another, probably stupid, question and clog the thread a little.

Last edited:

blckngldhwk

Jan 14, 2011
Too early to give feedback on latest build. Waiting for everything to restore. But I can tell you my phone feels crippled now in phone mode. I don't think I will ever be able to use another rom without these features. It truly has been a game changer. Thank you moles and everyone involved in development.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

blckngldhwk

Jan 14, 2011

Fyi, camera looks fine to me.

daleandla

May 6, 2008

OK. Thanks man. Looking forward to rocking this out with all the new CM9 goodies. :D

daleandla

May 6, 2008
Too early to give feedback on latest build. Waiting for everything to restore. But I can tell you my phone feels crippled now in phone mode. I don't think I will ever be able to use another rom without these features. It truly has been a game changer. Thank you moles and everyone involved in development.

+100000000000000000

brncocorey

Jul 4, 2011
Officially the best from in existence!

Will metamorph work on this new build?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

brmayhem

Jun 7, 2010
Jaybob,

Everything is working flawlessly so far. Dirty flashed from your 1.1 version, flashed newly posted hybrid gapps and no fix.

Thank you so much for bringing this gem to us, toro users.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

coolshock1

Oct 22, 2009
Jaybob,

Everything is working flawlessly so far. Dirty flashed from your 1.1 version, flashed newly posted hybrid gapps and no fix.

Thank you so much for bringing this gem to us, toro users.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

For the noob here...is dirty flashing when you don't wipe everything and just flash the required over the old?

I flashed the 3 files and then wiped both caches and booted. That's what I did and everything is running great so far. I like the additional options for the launcher.

reyes.jr

Mar 4, 2012
is the hybird gapps posted along with the 1.2 link the same as the FIXED gapps on page 1?

FIXED gapps on page 1 from that tjohansson site is timing out when trying to go to it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

paranoid.png

op-1_nexus.png

op-2_nexus.png

op-3_nexus.png

op-4_nexus.png

op-5_nexus.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, and indeed it's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank.
    Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. i'm calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate, to D4rKn3sSyShttp://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=3484876, to me http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4491046

paranoid_instructions.png

paranoid_hints.png

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
    • Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
    • Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646034

paranoid_trouble.png

• ---

paranoid_credits.png

finally PARANOIDANDROID 1.2 is ready to go. it took alot of time to setup git, create a unified based shared by a growing number of devices. jesus wrote new cool apps like backup and OTA. jon made repos and overlays. i rewrote pad/pad-hybrid from scratch and wrote some nice trebuchet additions. 1.2 will introduce alot of new features and it'll be such a burden from my shoulders when this thing is out and hopyfully has few troubles.

things that do work
    LOCKSCREEN scaling and overall SYSTEM scaling (dialogs, toasts, etc.)
    error where app shows up in the wrong UI will be fixed
    complete rewrite of pad/pal - should be faster and better
    trebuchet changes (4x4 grid folder, background settings, tablet effects)
    tool to backup pad.prop
    new panel options

what doesnt:
    i still couldnt find out why facebook crops images.

and this will be an official build - we have a unified git base now. this is what took so long, it was HELLISH to set that up. jon can compile from that 100% clean cdma builds.
    ok guys, uploads in the making. 0.9 is coming.
    ok guys. sorry i was so scarce recently, i had alot of work to do. 1.1 is out for maguro and it brings tons of new features - but your rom will be compiled and maintained by jaybob413. this means someone who's got himself a cdma device will look over it, many of the troubles you've had will probably disappear (sms. carrier-label, etc.). because of this you need to endure a slight delay.

i advise you to wait, simply coz the surprise is bigger. but for those of you with technical inclinations i made you a small cooking receipe:

make a nandroid
    download cm9 nightly from 29-05
    download 0.9-TORO and 1.1-MAGURO
    open 0.9 with winrar or 7zip
    copy /system/build.prop from 0.9 into nightly
    copy /system/pad.prop from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/bootanimation.zip from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/app from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/framework from 1.1 into nightly
    reboot and cross fingers it'll reboot ---- with luck it will, if not, soon you'll have a real rom.

:)
    guys, next update will be the most revolutionary rom that EVER existed.

ALL tablet related issues are solved, the frontiers are gone. you can set launchers to mobile mode in tabmode and they will run like stock, no hack. you can run youtube in 3d in normal phonemode if you want. you are free to do whatever you want. next rom will give you the option to switch between phone and tablet mode.

im so happy about this, all this work, and we're finally there. there is officially no tablet mode anymore, it does not exist anymore. all whats left is hybrid mode and if that wont become the defacto standard in android i'll get an iphone and hope people over there will have more oversight. :D