[ROM]***EXCLUSIVE*****EAGLESBLOOD JELLY BEAN 4.1 AOSP****P-999**[pre-alpha](7-20-12}

Search This thread

cellsafemode

Apr 6, 2011
ebjbheader.png

**[p999 G2X ONLY) PRE-ALPHA- NO SUPPORT - KNOWN BUGS (NO CALL AUDIO)**
AS ALWAYS 'A BIG THANKS' TO THE CYANOGENMOD TEAM FOR ALL THEY DO. WITHOUT THEM NONE OF THIS WOULD BE POSSIBLE.

There will be no support provided for this release as it is still undergoing development. Do not contact support regarding bugs as we are well aware of the current state of each Service.

ebreddroidjb2.png

This is in Pre-Alpha so expect things to not work. This is a barebones Jelly Bean 4.1 AOSP build. Not everything will be functional to its usual capacity.

==PROPRIETARY CODE: NO KANGING - NO COPYING OF CONTENT - LEGAL INFO HERE==

EAGLESBLOOD™ DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS:

ebsilossm.png

[doniqcc | b0xer | cellsafemode]

handsignatures.png

..:::[ TEAM EB™]:::..

~THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED AND SUPPORTED US~

Several Known Issues / Things Not Working:
Code:
*Audio doesn't work

*Data tends to cut off at times. A "hot-reboot" usually fixes it and this is due to audio not working.

*Phone will not enter 'Sleep Mode', again due to audio malfunctioning.

*Mobile Data Network: Data IS working, but you might need to cause the phone to hot-reboot (...easiest way is by connecting to non-encrypted network, which in turn usually fails.) It's due to a SIM-card thing... 

*On cold-boot the SIM card status is not correct.
AGAIN, SOME STUFF NOT WORKING - THIS IS A SNEAK PEEK -> NO COMPLAINTS, or BUGS, or EMAILS OR ANYTHING SIMILAR THAT GIVES US THE FEELING YOU DONT LIKE IT. :) -

CHANGELOG:
====Build# Aa====
Pre-Alpha testing release.
=======================================
IMPORTANT NOTES:
This distribution is still in development phase.

SOURCE CODE:
http://github.com/***

KERNEL SOURCE REPO:
http://kernel.eaglesblood.com

========================================
EAGLESBLOOD™ ROM INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
**IMPORTANT** MUST READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW COMPLETELY.
1. Make a full backup of your current ROM. Then copy it over to PC if you wish.

2. Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM). *Note* You should always flash CWM using a USB Cable and NVflash; do not 'flash CWM from the ROM Manager app'.

3. To begin start by clicking "Wipe User Data/Factory Reset", this will wipe all data off of the phone's memory (not SD card though).

4. Now click "Wipe cache partition".

5. Then go down to "Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache".

6. Choose Install zip from "External SD Card". Wait for that to complete and confirm you see an "Installation Complete" message.

7. Now, you must flash the correct Google Apps - GAPPS JB (gapps-2012xxxx.zip) ...link below.

Once the gapps are installed you can now click "Reboot System". Failing to complete all of these instructions precisely can potentially leave you stuck in CWM Recovery until you manage to build your way back out. This is not fun, trust us.

9. Done. Enjoy your new ROM!

p999jbxx.png

sliderright.png

Like our ROM? Feel free to show your support by rockin' this free public forum signature! Just copy the code below and paste in your signature settings...

FREE FAN/USER SIGNATURE:
ebusersig500x40.png

TO GET IT, COPY THIS CODE IN THE BOX:
HTML:
[URL=http://www.eaglesblood.com][IMG]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5981/ebusersig500x40.png[/IMG][URL]
________

TEAM EB™
ebdroidwingssm.png
FAST. STABLE. CLEAN.

Last edited:

solidsnake

May 21, 2009
Thanks guys!!
much appreciated!
Hey a quick question... Does that mean that when we will have official ICS or drivers we might get a fully functional Jelly bean?

Last edited:

solidsnake

May 21, 2009
It should if a phone can operate ICS then it should. Galaxy nexus had ICS and now it has JB.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
But I think Nexus got the official update from Samsung.
In our case however, we can hardly expect ICS from LG let alone JB.
So I do hope once we have ICS (fingers crossed) the devs here would be able to make a fully functional JB out of it.
The reason I am asking it because the recently we saw the Google now app ported to ICS but they couldn't get the talk back to work, as I read somewhere it was JB kernel specific.

D

Deleted member 4128896

Possible audio fix

Hey EaglesBlood team,
This is great, and you guys are awesome. You might find this helpful for fixing audio
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1783993

According to the OP this is a universal fix, not device specific.
Thanks again, keep up the great work and good luck :good:

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
I'm taking that you can use twrp as well to flash this

edit: Great work, very snappy, i dont really like the aroma installer. hard to press items. i noticed:
kineto.apk fcs [wifi calling],
camera doesn't work [i know its pre-alpha, just pointing it out],
Does not read external sd card
Two google music apps [music and google music]
Google Now/ Voice Search Fcs

Flashed back to paranoidandroid rom, will keep a eye out for this
Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

doniqcc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
chicago
Thanks guys!!
much appreciated!
Hey a quick question... Does that mean that when we will have official ICS or drivers we might get a fully functional Jelly bean?

if we get the drivers most likely

Hey EaglesBlood team,
This is great, and you guys are awesome. You might find this helpful for fixing audio
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1783993

According to the OP this is a universal fix, not device specific.
Thanks again, keep up the great work and good luck :good:

It helped us to know that we weren't putting out media_codex_xml but audio still no go after pushing it to etc directory.

Or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29021522 for audio fix?

Edit: Oh wait that's based off CM10... :rolleyes:

You guys are more then welcome to try em out and let us know.

I'm taking that you can use twrp as well to flash this

edit: Great work, very snappy, i dont really like the aroma installer. hard to press items. i noticed:
kineto.apk fcs [wifi calling],
camera doesn't work [i know its pre-alpha, just pointing it out],
Does not read external sd card
Two google music apps [music and google music]
Google Now/ Voice Search Fcs

Flashed back to paranoidandroid rom, will keep a eye out for this

Should be able to use Twrp
Kineto.apk not a priority at this point
Camera doesn't work cause of the SD card
There's 2 music apk cause 1 gets flashed with gapps
Google now/voice search audio related
We might consider removing aroma in the feature.

Thanks for the feedbacks

Just want to thank u.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

This is an exciting start! Thank you devs! Cant wait for it to be out of pre-alpha

You all welcome

xperia_player

Nov 25, 2011
plus.google.com
I was getting scared about 4.1 Jelly Bean! With no word from Ricardo but ah you're doing well it looks great!

Do the camera's work? No mention of camera's and the HAL has had alot of work since 4.0.x just interested be good to know, since I'm not flashing until the other major bugs are gone.

Also I don't see why Wi-Fi calling isn't an extra flashable zip I always have to uninstall it as its no use to me.

BTW when you get to your releases that are for me at least very heavily skinned will there be a way to de-skin it cause that's what puts me off about eagles blood and Hellfire roms .....

Finally will I be able to use my internal storage as an SD card at some point since my SD card reader is physically broken so otherwise my phones crippled without that ability

Cheers sorry for the moaning just questions :)

Last edited:

Stopfakn

Nov 21, 2011
Baltimore
Thank you EB. No camera no WiFi no audio no Google search and no SD card detection. Lightning fast

Last edited:

iDreamless531

Oct 30, 2011
Cleveland
The OG optimus Has gotten a working JB port, interesting right?? But seriously, I got sound working to an a certain point using Cm10 sources and merging them in EB, I can hear ppl but they can't hear me only on speaker phone tho, weird, I got ringtones going for me also, but I doubt this well be interesting to EB as they build from source, So I don't think I can share

Sent from my Nexus 7 cus I'm sleeping with a Bear :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nickster1

mustangtim49

May 20, 2011
Sea of Tranquility, Moon
Awesome work guys, I claimed an article on this thread, let's see if I can finally get you guys on the portal. Everyone else, it's been pretty clean and refreshing around here and lot of the trouble makers have died, or moved on. We don't need or want any replacement smart asses. Also, I talked to Ricardo earlier at length and he now says lg is having problems with Nvidia, what I mean by this is that lg is experiencing the same thing we are. They are ready and wanting to release ics and drivers, but Nvidia is being Nvidia. We might not get drivers after all. Thanks for the thread space guys, back on topic, I noticed reboots when trying to connect wifi.

mustangtim49@Xda-developers.com

iDreamless531

Oct 30, 2011
Cleveland
Aw man, we're not gonna need me to step in are we? Jk. Awesome work guys, I claimed an article on this thread, let's see if I can finally get you guys on the portal. Everyone else, it's been pretty clean and refreshing around here and lot of the trouble makers have died, or moved on. We don't need or want any replacement smart asses. Also, I talked to Ricardo earlier at length and he now says lg is having problems with Nvidia, what I mean by this is that lg is experiencing the same thing we are. They are ready and wanting to release ics and drivers, but Nvidia is being Nvidia. We might not get drivers after all. Thanks for the thread space guys, back on topic, I noticed reboots when trying to connect wifi.

mustangtim49@Xda-developers.com

Wow sorry to hear that, looks like I'll be selling my G2x after all, there is no hope 4 the old lady now

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2 cause I'm out kidnapping Devs :p

mackpbj

May 18, 2011
Wow its been a while since i flashed anything on the old g2x(got the GS3) but I am glad to see Don still being Don, this should be fun. Keep up the great work Team EB, Talent is def. in your blood. lolz

Reactions: doniqcc

j0hnh0lmes

Jan 4, 2011
OnePlus 9
Have you tried some of the ics fixes? On builds I've done from source I have audio working but have issues with launcher (stock) constantly fc. Also camera (pics only) fc.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

veyka

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2007
Norfolk
www.veyka.co.uk
Android and licences, 101

Kernel: GPLv2 = must make source available on request when distributing a binary, on XDA we consider posting a rom a request for source code, you normally get a few days.

ROM/recovery/most other bits and bobs google wrote/used from elsewhere: Mostly under the apache or BSD licenses, this means that as long as you GIVE CREDIT to whoever's code you are using, you are free to use the code without giving out source.

This means they are within their rights to not give out source for the OS.

So now lets get back on topic and stop flaming, I had to spend another 15min cleaning up this mess rather than sleeping, so thanks for that.

AllAboutAndroids

Sep 21, 2011
Vaughan, Canada
www.allaboutandroids.com
Android and licences, 101

Kernel: GPLv2 = must make source available on request when distributing a binary, on XDA we consider posting a rom a request for source code, you normally get a few days.

ROM/recovery/most other bits and bobs google wrote/used from elsewhere: Mostly under the apache or BSD licenses, this means that as long as you GIVE CREDIT to whoever's code you are using, you are free to use the code without giving out source.

This means they are within their rights to not give out source for the OS.

So now lets get back on topic and stop flaming, I had to spend another 15min cleaning up this mess rather than sleeping, so thanks for that.

THANK YOU
for this. So many users should learn about this...noobs I say...noobs...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ebjbheader.png

**[p999 G2X ONLY) PRE-ALPHA- NO SUPPORT - KNOWN BUGS (NO CALL AUDIO)**
    AS ALWAYS 'A BIG THANKS' TO THE CYANOGENMOD TEAM FOR ALL THEY DO. WITHOUT THEM NONE OF THIS WOULD BE POSSIBLE.

There will be no support provided for this release as it is still undergoing development. Do not contact support regarding bugs as we are well aware of the current state of each Service.

ebreddroidjb2.png

This is in Pre-Alpha so expect things to not work. This is a barebones Jelly Bean 4.1 AOSP build. Not everything will be functional to its usual capacity.

==PROPRIETARY CODE: NO KANGING - NO COPYING OF CONTENT - LEGAL INFO HERE==

EAGLESBLOOD™ DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS:

ebsilossm.png

[doniqcc | b0xer | cellsafemode]

handsignatures.png

..:::[ TEAM EB™]:::..

~THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED AND SUPPORTED US~

Several Known Issues / Things Not Working:
    Code:
    *Audio doesn't work

*Data tends to cut off at times. A "hot-reboot" usually fixes it and this is due to audio not working.

*Phone will not enter 'Sleep Mode', again due to audio malfunctioning.

*Mobile Data Network: Data IS working, but you might need to cause the phone to hot-reboot (...easiest way is by connecting to non-encrypted network, which in turn usually fails.) It's due to a SIM-card thing... 

*On cold-boot the SIM card status is not correct.
    AGAIN, SOME STUFF NOT WORKING - THIS IS A SNEAK PEEK -> NO COMPLAINTS, or BUGS, or EMAILS OR ANYTHING SIMILAR THAT GIVES US THE FEELING YOU DONT LIKE IT. :) -

CHANGELOG:
    ====Build# Aa====
    Pre-Alpha testing release.
    IMPORTANT NOTES:
    This distribution is still in development phase.

SOURCE CODE:
    http://github.com/***

KERNEL SOURCE REPO:
    http://kernel.eaglesblood.com

EAGLESBLOOD™ ROM INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    **IMPORTANT** MUST READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW COMPLETELY.
    1. Make a full backup of your current ROM. Then copy it over to PC if you wish.

2. Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM). *Note* You should always flash CWM using a USB Cable and NVflash; do not 'flash CWM from the ROM Manager app'.

3. To begin start by clicking "Wipe User Data/Factory Reset", this will wipe all data off of the phone's memory (not SD card though).

4. Now click "Wipe cache partition".

5. Then go down to "Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache".

6. Choose Install zip from "External SD Card". Wait for that to complete and confirm you see an "Installation Complete" message.

7. Now, you must flash the correct Google Apps - GAPPS JB (gapps-2012xxxx.zip) ...link below.

Once the gapps are installed you can now click "Reboot System". Failing to complete all of these instructions precisely can potentially leave you stuck in CWM Recovery until you manage to build your way back out. This is not fun, trust us.

9. Done. Enjoy your new ROM!

p999jbxx.png

sliderright.png

Like our ROM? Feel free to show your support by rockin' this free public forum signature! Just copy the code below and paste in your signature settings...

FREE FAN/USER SIGNATURE:
    ebusersig500x40.png

TO GET IT, COPY THIS CODE IN THE BOX:
    HTML:
    [URL=http://www.eaglesblood.com][IMG]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5981/ebusersig500x40.png[/IMG][URL]
    ________

TEAM EB™
    ebdroidwingssm.png
    FAST. STABLE. CLEAN.
    We are nearing a pleasing state in the nexus rom we're working on. Finally.
    From here we introduce the rom for other phones that we are targetting in order of official support...
    That means if it has JB officially, and we are looking to support it, we'll set the rom up to build for that phone ... Then we go on to ICS and finally GB ...

This is to give phones that will actually work with JB faster access to the rom, since they will require less work to get it working.

G2x will require the most work to get the least functionality. So it's not low priority, but it's not going to be ported until the phones that will be fully functional get ported. We feel this is better for everyone. There will be far less pressure while trying to work on G2x to get things compiled so we can get other phones working in the mean-time. Meaning a less rushed atmosphere for a much more complicated g2x build.

Now dont get worried, this wont take a month to reach G2x once we release Nexus. We've changed how we organize our git backend and we can work on the next synchronization to aosp without trampling a current release that we are simply porting to other phones.
    That said we are dealing with 4.1.1_r4 (jr003L) for this release cycle.

Since LG hates the p99x, a straightforward port is going to be as crippled as the sneak preview we relased for the p999. To get audio to actually work, we'll need to gut the JB audio subsystem and put back the much more GB-like ICS one. This is due to the fact that our audio policy audio libraries are prebuilt proprietary libs that refuse to behave with the new audio subsystem. But that being the case, I dont believe users will see any change in audio performance on the P99x. We already have A2dp ...just setup differently than the standard AOSP setup is now. So in that way, moving back to ICS audio doesn't mean a step back, it's just letting the other phones that do get official JB to step up to the audio system that G2x has had since Gingerbread.

If we can gut the audio subsystem successfully, we should have jb with audio on the g2x. It's just a somewhat tedious effort that needs to be done. And we already know everything that works in ICS works in JB so we should be at least as functional as ICS roms at that point.. Though, we wont suffer the rotational issues with browser and all that jazz.

I just need to make it clear though, that since the G2x requires the most work to get things working, that it will be left for after the phones that require nearly no work to get working. We haven't abandoned the phone like the people you paid money to purchase it from have. I still have my G2x and i still hope to see and hear jellybean working at least as well as ICS does on it.
    Relax everyone we didn't go nowhere just life got on the way lately.
    I just came back from Europe last week Boxer and Csm been working hard on two apps for gplay by themselves the past 3 months or so.
    I lost a loved one 3 months ago I haven't been active at all trying to catch up on things again.
    As far as some comments about us kanging other's dev work I just gotta say " Really ? You make me laugh"

How do you kang something that wasn't even out yet for this phone?
    How would xda do an article about us if we were kanging other's work "nonsense"

Anyways back to topic again, we haven't released any updates for phones that we support not just G2x, if we decide to work on G2x again you'll hear from us.

Thanks for your support and it's good to be back :).
    I pulled the Su660 ics rom. . Interestingly it seems that they are rocking ALSA drivers for audio and obviously new audio libs and such. We are eager to get working on incorporating the newly updated libs into JB. Though, We might have to wait until Korea releases the kernel source before we have functional Tegra alsa drivers and such.

Exciting times for P99x.
    I switched to HF ICS and the stability and speed is much much better than EB. Plus, their devs are still hard at work AND update the community on what they're doing. I respect the devs work here and know it's "free" but when it feels like the devs don't care anymore (no updates, no follow through with promised fixes) then I think It's time to move on. I've been a loyal EB user since I got the g2x, and have kept my phone with the mindset that the next EB build will fix this, or that, but apparently not. Hellfire has proven to be more reliable than any EB build I've used. There are some neat features like lockscreen shortcuts too. I would look into it. ICS HF is amazing.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app[/QUOTE Good for you but we don't post our work to hear your opinion on how Rom X it's better then Rom Y that's just stupid.

I mean you seem to be more pissed at EB then liking the other Rom, if you other Rom working for you better great then.

We get emails from loyal fans asking on the status of g2x not bashing our threads.
    Also let me remind you EB always been about being clean/fast/stable/functionality not lockscreens batt % adding cm9 lockscreen and batt % It's as easy as typing a command and click enter but where is the fun if all the roms look a like.
    We all have jobs and stuff , if you feel that we have done you wrong or anyone else you're very wrong.
    We basically our sharing our work with the xda community and g2x It's not the only phone but by no any means we are obligated to release a Rom and if we don't do so to get bashed so please don't bring that crap here it doesn't help you demanding an update but instead it makes it worse.