[app] KF Boot Animations

Search This thread

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
How to change your boot animation.

YOU MUST HAVE ROOT ACCESS. Will not work with Persano's Tweaks applied!!!!.

Enable WiFi. You will need it.

Available at the Play Store > Boot Animations ★ root

For a visual demonstration, check out my video here.

***Update*** I've tested about 30 different animations so far and all have worked on my KFHD7. :good:

And....... if you go here, you can get the boot animation for cm10. Unzip to desktop, choose the size you want and grab the boot animation.zip within that size/layout folder.(I used 800 in the vertical folder) Copy it to your sdcard and navigate to it using the local interface in Boot Animation, choose install. Viola! CM10 boot animation on your KF.

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
I remembered this app from part of a bigger toolbox.

I've tested about 8 different animations so far and all have worked on my KFHD7. :good:
YOU MUST HAVE ROOT ACCESS.

And....... if you go here, you can get the boot animation for cm10. Unzip to desktop, choose the size you want and grab the boot animation.zip within that size/layout folder.(I used 800 in the vertical folder) Copy it to your sdcard and navigate to it using the local interface, choose install. Viola! CM10 boot animation on your KF.

Krsmqn,

Very nice find Krsmqn, thank you for posting this tutorial.

Reactions: Krsmqn

Katalystik

Jan 6, 2013
This doesn't work on my 7". I followed your instructions and now have no boot animation. The kindle fire logo comes up but it doesnt animate and everytime I boot now it says 'upgrading' then boots as normal.
Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010

I've tested about 8 different animations so far and all have worked on my KFHD7. :good:

And....... if you go here, you can get the boot animation for cm10. Unzip to desktop, choose the size you want and grab the boot animation.zip within that size/layout folder.(I used 800 in the vertical folder) Copy it to your sdcard and navigate to it using the local interface, choose install. Viola! CM10 boot animation on your KF.

This does not work if you have the 2nd bootloader installed.

Edit: ok it does work with second bootloader. It was persanos tweaks it dont work with. It boots to fast to see the animation.

Sent From My Rooted Kindle Hd 7"

Last edited:

Katalystik

Jan 6, 2013
I havent done the second bootloader...

Katalystik

Jan 6, 2013
Could it be because i havent moved the apk to the system/app folder and changed permissions?

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Give that a shot!

***EDIT*** I just checked where I had the apk installed and it's in /data/app/ with rw-r--r--

I am sorry. I can't tell you why it isn't working for you. I'm just not that tech savvy. All I can offer is the video and my so so instructions. I hope you get this figured out. It's nice seeing something other then "kindle fire" upon boot.

Good luck.

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
How To Fix Boot Animations ★ root When It Does Not Work

Could it be because i havent moved the apk to the system/app folder and changed permissions?

Katalystik,

We wanted to plug in here for a moment. Sometimes, without rhyme or reason when you have an App that suddenly stops or will not initialize we have found moving it to /system/app solves the problem 90% of the time. Be sure to change the permissions to User: Read Write | Group: Read and Others: Read.

The other 5% of the problems are cleared by:

1. Going to More+ Applications > Installed Applications
2. Find Boot Animations ★ root and clear the Data
3. Reboot

The last 5% need:

3. Move Boot Animations ★ root from /data/app to /system/app
4. Change the permissions to User: Read Write | Group: Read and Others: Read
5. Reboot, wait 3 minutes for everything to initialize
6. Open Boot Animations ★ root

Katalystik

Jan 6, 2013
Katalystik,

We wanted to plug in here for a moment. Sometimes, without rhyme or reason when you have an App that suddenly stops or will not initialize we have found moving it to /system/app solves the problem 90% of the time. Be sure to change the permissions to User: Read Write | Group: Read and Others: Read.

The other 5% of the problems are cleared by:

3. Reboot

The last 5% need:

3. Move Boot Animations ★ root from /data/app to /system/app
4. Change the permissions to User: Read Write | Group: Read and Others: Read
5. Reboot, wait 3 minutes for everything to initialize
6. Open Boot Animations ★ root

I apologise, I should have explained my problem more clearly. Before I moved the app it was working fine. I could open it and select a local or server file to use. I chose local and selected a boot animation.zip from /sdcard using the cyanogen 10.1 vertical 800 file as per the OP. I rebooted using the option at the top.

What I was greeted with was the orange kf logo, non animated, and which hung there for 20-30 seconds before dimming, and then getting the kindle is upgrading message. It would then boot into nova as normal. No animated kf logo, no custom animation and no animation at all. On a few occasions, before the kf logo dims and before the kindle is upgrading message I get what u would call a brick screen (looks like digital static) which was scary when I first saw it but it still boots correctly.

Now would be the right time to say I have persons tweak pack installed, i have read somewhere that with the tweaks it boots too fast for the animation to display. This is a shame if true. Is there anyway to get both working if so as I'd rather not lose my boot animation or persons tweaks as they rock my kindle.

Kata

Last edited:

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
I apologise, I should have explained my problem more clearly. Before I moved the app it was working fine. I could open it and select a local or server file to use. I chose local and selected a boot animation.zip from /sdcard using the cyanogen 10.1 vertical 800 file as per the OP. I rebooted using the option at the top.

What I was greeted with was the orange kf logo, non animated, and which hung there for 20-30 seconds before dimming, and then getting the kindle is upgrading message. It would then boot into nova as normal. No animated kf logo, no custom animation and no animation at all. On a few occasions, before the kf logo dims and before the kindle is upgrading message I get what u would call a brick screen (looks like digital static) which was scary when I first saw it but it still boots correctly.

Now would be the right time to say I have persons tweak pack installed, i have read somewhere that with the tweaks it boots too fast for the animation to display. This is a shame if true. Is there anyway to get both working if so as I'd rather not lose my boot animation or persons tweaks as they rock my kindle.

Kata
Go back to the Parsons tweak's thread, there may be something posted by another user that could help you.

For anyone else, this should work fine.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Kata

Katalystik,

Please carefully make a copy of your build.prop and post it in our Backup and Recovery thread here:

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

We will get your Boot animation back. When you post the build.prop, please give us details on how you would like the boot animation to display when booting your Kindle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Krsmqn,

Very nice find Krsmqn, thank you for posting this tutorial.