New to safestrap

Search This thread

barrackOBAMA

Jan 17, 2013
Saying searching is tedious is a little disrespectful to the people who are here to help.

You ask questions after you have searched.

Now to your question.

I assume you know little about the current state of this phone.

I highly doubt you are on the NC2 update released by beans himself.

If this is indeed the case than you can just create a rom slot and have "beans build whatever". In there while preserving the stock rom.

now. I I recommend going through and updating to NC2 and running safestrap 3.72.
There are multiple enhancements to the update that make it completely worth doing.
I leave it to you to search for the changes in 4.4.2

And in the case you are on beans stock 4.4.2 rom already. Than you should get your safestrap updated to 3.72

Now. Only the stock rom slot can currently be changed and maniplated.
I am 99 precent sure you can back up this ROM slot and flash another NC2 rom (very important)

Now take this information and do some more searching before you seriously mess up your phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

bmwh0r3

Saying searching is tedious is a littto disrespectful to the people who are here to help.

You ask questions after you have searched.

Now to your question.

I assume you know little about the current state of this phone.

I highly doubt you are on the NC2 update released by beans himself.

If this is indeed the case than you can just create a rom slot and have "beans build whatever". In there while preserving the stock rom.

now. I I recommend going through and updating to NC2 and running safestrap 3.72.
There are multiple enhancements to the update that make it completely worth doing.
I leave it to you to search for the changes in 4.4.2

And in the case you are on beans stock 4.4.2 rom already. Than you should get your safestrap updated to 3.72

Now. Only the stock rom slot can currently be changed and maniplated.
I am 99 precent sure you can back up this ROM slot and flash another NC2 rom (very important)

Now take this information and do some more searching before you seriously mess up your phone.

While I trust beans I'm not sold on the NC2 update. I was an apple fan boy and thanks to them I am now like a scared cat when it comes to new os builds. I am going to wait a bit before plunging into the pool.

barrackOBAMA

Jan 17, 2013
While I trust beans I'm not sold on the NC2 update. I was an apple fan boy and thanks to them I am now like a scared cat when it comes to new os builds. I am going to wait a bit before plunging into the pool.

Well. You have very little time left.

Expect alliance rom to come from beans any time now.

Then you will need to do nc2.

but in the mean time.
Familiarize yourself with the process before you attempt it. And good luck.

bmwh0r3

I'm pretty familiar with rooting. Safestrap just differs a little. I have a nook hd running cm 11 via the extsd card and my note10.1(n8013) running cm10.2. Seeing how this is my phone, I'd rather not brick it when it doesn't do what I wish. Need it for business. I do enjoy the fact that rooted android or jailbroken ios phones gives owners full ownership. I just wish cm11 would run on non dev n3s.