Unlock bootloader for Verizon Moto non DE?

Search This thread

ry_t

Jul 14, 2011
I'm getting my moto x soon and is there a way to unlock the bootloader or does it only work with the DE?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I'm getting my moto x soon and is there a way to unlock the bootloader or does it only work with the DE?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Read the thread in Moto X General titled "China Middleman Back?"

This is currently the ONLY way to unlock a NON-DE Verizon Moto X

I suggest doing it ASAP - its impossible to know when the Chinaman will lose access to the database.

Good Luck.

samwathegreat

ry_t

Jul 14, 2011
Thanks guys, should be getting my Moto X tomorrow from Motorola in the mail but I'll be at work and I have class/work on Thursday so hopefully Friday I'll have a chance to email him

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
If only there were a Q&A section for topics like this...

Also, get the DE edition, otherwise you're taking a chance on if you'll be able to get a valid unlock code.

Sent from my Moto X

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
@ry_t keep in mind that the bootloader unlock code is unique to each phone. So if you need to replace your phone for any reason, you'll have to get another unlock code.

If you do not have the Developer Edition X for Verizon, you can try buying the code from the Chinese Website/MiddleMan. But again, you'd need to buy another code if you need your phone replaced (like warranty).

This likely does void your warranty too.

If you get the Dev Edition, the code is free from moto's web site, and it doesn't void your warranty.

And as imnuts alluded too, this should be in the Q&A section, rather than Dev section.