[Q] Acer Stream S110 rom development/leaks

Search This thread

ukveld

Aug 25, 2008
Any word on custom rom development or leaks (froyo) for the Acer Stream S110?

Also any word on rooting / apps2SD?

Last edited:

mrjamesness

Nov 2, 2010
no news yet but i have used the one click root app and it works on the acer stream but i haven't worked out how to make a custom image yet so i haven't tried any new roms

alex8824

Nov 6, 2010
root

no news yet but i have used the one click root app and it works on the acer stream but i haven't worked out how to make a custom image yet so i haven't tried any new roms

hi.. i'm very happy to know that you have rooted the acer stream.. could you link me the version of the tool that you used?

thank you..

kodomari

Nov 10, 2010
rooted

I've already rooted Acer Stream by Universal Androot ver.1.6.2 beta 5.
Official release site is:
blog.23corner.com/tag/universalandroot/
but you couldn't read this site because it is written by chinese.(I can almost read because I'm Japanese)

XDA Site is:
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=747598
No listed Acer stream but I could do.

I could rooted and use Titanium Backup(need rooted) but cannot work any tethering applications(inc. Liquid tether).

Rafaperez

Mar 25, 2010
Hi guys.

I rooted Acer Stream S110 with Z4root. its great aplication !!!

But this morning i found in www acer ... Sorry ... I'm new in this forum and not allowed to put link.

ANDROID 2.2 FOR ACER ... but my problem i cant found recovery for this mobile.

Anybody can help me to install 2.2 on my Stream?

Thanks

junming79

May 14, 2010
Hi all,

I am now the proud owner of an Acer Stream, so let me share all the info I got :)

-> if your Stream is Android 2.1: get the official update from Acer http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
(select smartphone > Stream > Stream then in OS)
After it's 2.2 follow this procedure:

ROOT:

I used z4root which happened to work without a hitch:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833953

CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY:

Get it from here:
http://weijr-note.blogspot.com/2011/09/clockworkmod-recovery-for-acer-stream.html
Mr. Squirrel (his name in Chinese ;) ) has been doing a great job with this device
Get the file and copy it to your /sdcard folder
If you're afraid/ don't know how to use fastboot you can use this very good Recovery Manager coded by Sebastian404 (remember though that your phone has to be rooted)
http://blog.podtwo.com/tag/recoverymanager

Now reboot as recovery, you can backup all your data to your external card, and your phone is ready to welcome a custom rom... we just have to wait someone ports CM7 or some other eye candy to it... ;)

AlphaDivxMovies

May 2, 2009
Figueira da Foz
"we just have to wait someone ports CM7 or some other eye candy to it..." - I wish that was true, but i am afraid no one is working on that, no one that knows how to do it. I am afraid we are stuck at 2.2. Too bad cause this is a great phone.

juanreboiras

May 6, 2009
buenos aires
Help

Hello friends!
I wanted to see if someone can help me. I have acer stream and try to delete some files in the root explorer. I made a mistake and selected all system files and delete them. Now my acer is a paperweight. I tried restarting and nothing. I can not start the phone is in the language selection screen. Someone has the original rom to load it again?, Or someone has a way to fix this? Thank you. : (

schlozi23

Apr 6, 2011
Good news! A first custom rom seems to be released. As I'm a new user, I'm apparently not allowed to post outside links, but you'll find the rom looking for "dark.Firmware Glacier (4.007.21) для Acer Stream".

I haven't tried it out yet, so I can't report on any experiences.

schlozi23

Apr 6, 2011
Thanks for commenting and all your efforts - I will probably try to install your rom after christmas. One question: Is it possible for you to change the size of the market cache? I can't install big apps (> 25MB) from the Android Market, even though there is enough memory left - I suppose it has to do with cache allocated to market downloads?

Happy holidays!

DViolet

Dec 3, 2010
I don't this so. Just use Link2SD or something what. I don't have this device and development on him very sloooowly ) Happy New Year )

flxvh

Jan 26, 2012
i've flashed my acer stream with the dark rom, it works pretty good! only bad thing is, i can't seem to change the ringtone :s
olso it is still android 2.2, it would be nice to see some roms with 2.3

schlozi23

Apr 6, 2011
I haven't installed it yet, as I'm going to travel for a few weeks soon and don't want to mess with my phone beforehand, but afterwards I'll try it for sure. By the way, there is a new release of the dark.Firmware Glacier.

Does anybody know what this is (again, I may not yet post links, but you see the url):
os-shots.com/cm-stream

P.S.: Thanks to everybody who is still investing time and other resources in the phone, I really appreciate your engagement!

Last edited:

flxvh

Jan 26, 2012
I haven't installed it yet, as I'm going to travel for a few weeks soon and don't want to mess with my phone beforehand, but afterwards I'll try it for sure. By the way, there is a new release of the dark.Firmware Glacier.

Does anybody know what this is (again, I may not yet post links, but you see the url):
os-shots.com/cm-stream

P.S.: Thanks to everybody who is still investing time and other resources in the phone, I really appreciate your engagement!
the new version of the dark.Firmware doesn't work that well for me, i keep the old one.
The other link you posted seams to contain an corrupt 7z file, I can't open it anyway

flxvh

Jan 26, 2012
maybe there is a little hope for MIUI on acer stream. check out miuiandroid.com (slash) community/threads/acer-s110-stream.11912/#post-109799

DViolet

Dec 3, 2010
Forget. This is lens_flare - dialog with him - nothing good. His russian and I very good know him. Don't say about MIUI.

jhonnyxd

Jun 30, 2010
Göttingen
Acer Stream backup

Hi guys, I managed to brick my Stream. CWM recovery is installed but i need a flashable backup. Can someone please upload a backup for CWM?

Thanks